Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

Just heard there’s someone in hospital who can’t be discharged before Saturday and has a ticket, but could just discharge themselves if they wanted. Got to be honest I’d be tempted.

Isn't the "box" formation actually if we had 2 DM's, 2 AMC's and 2 ST's? 1 striker isn't a box? Either way, I think we should stick with the 1 up front formation.

It’s a box midfield

Harry

IMO I believe we will setup as we did in the 2nd leg against Boro.

Luton are likely to play the five across the back and three CM's, giving us that extra body in midfield will be useful.
The play the same every game as you say, three CM's deep sitting player in front of them so hard to score against but it means they lack a bit in midfield. They rely on the forwards doing an awful lot of running and pressing in midfield and then pushing for corners or mistakes from the pressing. On a big pitch on a warm day Luton will tire. Have to watch out for their attacking wing backs though, they are dangerous

Garlana86

Really nervous now I’ve only watched us win the three competitive games I’ve seen us play at Wembley it must be awful the other way round
I'm the same, I keep shying away from the thought of losing, wembley has always been fun. On the other occasions I've been I always felt we were going in the stronger team and felt pretty casual about the whole thing, feels weird being the underdog here with the bookies and everyone else favouring Luton...which I guess makes sense due to league position and our head to heads over the years.

Peter Billing Eyes

If you take our abysmal start to the season out of the equation and look at our recent matches vs Luton, we are pretty much inseparable in terms of performance/results. Not sure why everyone outside of Coventry think Luton are deadset winners before a ball has been kicked.

Last edited:

Nobbie_67

If you take our abysmal start to the season out of the equation and look at our recent matches vs Luton, we are pretty much inseparable in terms of performance/results. Not sure why everyone outside of Coventry thinks Luton are deadset winners before a ball has been kicked.

Let them underestimate City at their peril. We were clear underdogs in the 2nd leg at Middlesbrough and played arguably our best performance of the season under massive pressure. We’ve got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

In the Autumn of my years one or two health issues but hey ho Wembley bound with the four grand kids from 8 to 18 one soon to start his own football journey, lucky to have been to just about all the big games, Sunderland in the FA Cup, Peterborough away with over 20k city, Wolves 1967, all the 1987 cup-ties etc but this is the biggest, it can transform little old ccfc from its sisu albatross around its neck days to the football elite, think back 12 months or even just over 4 months ago, this was all a dream. New owner, debt free, home ground secure, it is a dream which ever way you look at it where you have to keep pinching your self.

djr8369

Been a busy week so not had time to dwell on it at all. Tomorrow is just starting to really register with me. Holy hell this is happening.

As others have said it must be awful coming away from Wembley the loser. No matter how many times we say it’s still been a great season it will sting if we don’t come away winners. We also know finishing in the playoffs doesn’t mean you’re going to do well the following season.

The last few years we have always rose to the big occasions. The SBA will be on fine form giving the players and extra push. If we play at the level of the 2nd leg semi-final game we can take Luton.

No matter what happens I hope everyone is able to enjoy the day and stays safe.

Old Warwickshire lad

In the Autumn of my years one or two health issues but hey ho Wembley bound with the four grand kids from 8 to 18 one soon to start his own football journey, lucky to have been to just about all the big games, Sunderland in the FA Cup, Peterborough away with over 20k city, Wolves 1967, all the 1987 cup-ties etc but this is the biggest, it can transform little old ccfc from its sisu albatross around its neck days to the football elite, think back 12 months or even just over 4 months ago, this was all a dream. New owner, debt free, home ground secure, it is a dream which ever way you look at it where you have to keep pinching your self.
Same here slowpoke, 5 grandsons (8-20) 1 was always going to be sky blue.
The other 4 I had to fight for ( Leicester,Palace) I of course won as grandad is always right. 😉🍷

RoboCCFC90

In a poll on their website, 80% think they gonna beat us, is that a fair assessment?

I think LTFC fans would be bonkers to underestimate us. Both games this season ended in a draw, but in a one off game all the games previously go out the window.

torchomatic

Really nervous now I’ve only watched us win the three competitive games I’ve seen us play at Wembley it must be awful the other way round

Same here. Only seen us lose the once against Everton and that didn't matter. Missed Checkatrade due to illness.

Weird tomorrow really as although we are the underdogs, we could easily come away with a win, as could Luton.

Users who are viewing this thread