Video Coventry City v Cardiff City highlights (3 Viewers)

coop

Was Wright offside I didn't think he was number 4 playing him on? And He never tracked his man back for Kitchin 2nd.What was Kitchin doing with the first goal ffs.

Sky Blue Harry H

Was Wright offside I didn't think he was number 4 playing him on? And He never tracked his man back for Kitchin 2nd.What was Kitchin doing with the first goal ffs.
It was tight. but if it had been given to Cardiff, I'd have been asking for offside.

stupot07

Yeah he's definitely offside.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

I thought he might have had a better view than the ref
Long way away to be certain
Very close to where it was kicked too
I keep having flash backs of kitching smacking the ball in the roof of the net
Pretty sure Wilson would have saved it of course lol

Mcbean

Long way away to be certain
Very close to where it was kicked too
I keep having flash backs of kitching smacking the ball in the roof of the net
Pretty sure Wilson would have saved it of course lol
😁 it was as if Kitchin was scoring a goal !!

skyblu3sk

Every Time a see the first Kitchin goal I get less and less sure what he's trying to do 😬 needs to play a simple ball past the post not clear the bar... Not like they have different outcomes... They also only gave one angle of the Wright disallowed goal which is odd as they normally give about 3. Deffo not his feet so must have been given for his shoulder, am I right in thinking that gets given next year?
1000010366.png

Sky Blue Pete

Every Time a see the first Kitchin goal I get less and less sure what he's trying to do 😬 needs to play a simple ball past the post not clear the bar... Not like they have different outcomes... They also only gave one angle of the Wright disallowed goal which is odd as they normally give about 3. Deffo not his feet so must have been given for his shoulder, am I right in thinking that gets given next year?
View attachment 34901
Any part of the body that can play the ball counts towards offside always has

LilleSkyBlue

Missed the game Monday, just looking at the highlights now.

Wright looks well onside to me.

First goal - are we sure it's Kitching who punts it? Looks like Bowler spearing it in on the turn on the replay.

Second goal - looks like a deflection off Bidwell to me.

MalcSB

Missed the game Monday, just looking at the highlights now.

Wright looks well onside to me.

First goal - are we sure it's Kitching who punts it? Looks like Bowler spearing it in on the turn on the replay.

Second goal - looks like a deflection off Bidwell to me.
Sorry, wrong on both counts.

The second was near to where I sit, clearly off Kitching’s head whilst Commentators thought it was unlucky off his knee.

edgy

Not sure what people are seeing with Wright's offside. I know it's close but you can see quite clearly he is leaning towards goal and his upper body is offside. You can use the grass cut as the line. Crude but fairly clear to my eye: 1712135506653.png

Lino has done well to spot it, 100% given off by VAR too.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s tight but it looks off to me. Pity that these eagle eyed linesmen weren’t here for the West Brom game

ProfessorbyGrace

View attachment 34901
Given the obtuse angle of this picture, there has to be a bit of perspective compensation between Haji and the Cardiff player behind him.

Personally, given the angle, I think Haji is more or less in line. 🤷‍♂️ If he’s off, it’s by a pubic hair’s length.

ProfessorbyGrace

RE Kitching’s first own goal, I think he already had it in his head to hoof the ball out behind the goal if it came to him.

Don’t think he reevaluated how close he was to the goal, before attempting it. Understandable, as of course, even decent players make stupid errors sometimes.

skybluecam

The goals were conceding do worry me. Huddersfield- 10 mins left, 2-0 up away from home and we shoot ourselves in the foot. Cardiff- 1-0 up and Kitching does something brainless like that. Even back to Preston it was largely of our own making.

ProfessorbyGrace

The goals were conceding do worry me. Huddersfield- 10 mins left, 2-0 up away from home and we shoot ourselves in the foot. Cardiff- 1-0 up and Kitching does something brainless like that. Even back to Preston it was largely of our own making.
As I mentioned above, it was probably that Kitching had already made the decision to hoof it behind if it came through to him, but he didn’t reevaluate given how close he was to his own goal.

Probably lost his bearings somewhat.

Perhaps, also, Collins gave him/the defence a shout to get it out, which may have aided the bias in his own head to just hoof it regardless.

It happens, thankfully not very often.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure what people are seeing with Wright's offside. I know it's close but you can see quite clearly he is leaning towards goal and his upper body is offside. You can use the grass cut as the line. Crude but fairly clear to my eye: View attachment 34903

Lino has done well to spot it, 100% given off by VAR too.
He's closer to the player on the left than the other 3.

You have also used the feet of the player on the right and not his upper body (he's also leaning towards the goal)

ProfessorbyGrace

You have also used the feet of the player on the right and not his upper body (he's also leaning towards the goal)
Yep, gauging it by the player to his right, and compensating for the angle of the screenshot, Haji does look more or less in line.

Fine margins.

edgy

It doesn't matter who he is closer to?

1712146145960.png

Player 1 is straddled across the grass cut line. His furthest point back is his left foot. Which is very similar to Haji's left foot. However, Haji's left shoulder is clearly closer to the goal due to his lean.

Player 2 is up right, again straddled over the grass cut.

To me there's a clear distance between either of those players most furthest point back and Haji's (red X)

I must be going mad as it's fairly clear to me.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think Simms' position may well have affected the lino's decision too. If he had not been clearly offside, that may helped sway the lino's decision in our favour.

Legia Sky Blue

It doesn't matter who he is closer to?

View attachment 34908

Player 1 is straddled across the grass cut line. His furthest point back is his left foot. Which is very similar to Haji's left foot. However, Haji's left shoulder is clearly closer to the goal due to his lean.

Player 2 is up right, again straddled over the grass cut.

To me there's a clear distance between either of those players most furthest point back and Haji's (red X)

I must be going mad as it's fairly clear to me.

Wibble!

Not sure how you see it as being so clearly offside! It is a marginal call whether Bowler (player 1) was playing Wright on or not, and I don't think there could have been too many complaints if it was given. However, with the manner of the 2 goals we conceded it is probably just best to put it down as further evidence that it just wasn't our day and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread