Video Coventry City v Cardiff City highlights (1 Viewer)

edgy

Wibble!

Not sure how you see it as being so clearly offside! It is a marginal call whether Bowler (player 1) was playing Wright on or not, and I don't think there could have been too many complaints if it was given. However, with the manner of the 2 goals we conceded it is probably just best to put it down as further evidence that it just wasn't our day and move on.

If you think Player 1's left foot is in line with Wright's left shoulder, then I'm done trying. Look at both players feet!

Legia Sky Blue

If you think Player 1's left foot is in line with Wright's left shoulder, then I'm done trying. Look at both players feet!

Am definitely looking at it differently to you :)

If you are judging only by both players feet then for me Wright was definitely onside as Bowlers left foot is playing him on. The questionable part is where Wright's shoulder is in relation to Bowler's left foot, and for me that is marginal and not clear either way.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

His shoulder is off I think
Nice if lino had given him the benefit

Yeah shit rule, just gives the advantage to the defence, people pay to see goals not a prick waving a flag.

shmmeee

Really don’t see the advantage being gained in a situation like that having your shoulder six inches ahead. Seems like the rule doesn’t pass the sniff test as is. Wasn’t there something about it going back to clear distance or something?

Sky Blue Pete

Really don’t see the advantage being gained in a situation like that having your shoulder six inches ahead. Seems like the rule doesn’t pass the sniff test as is. Wasn’t there something about it going back to clear distance or something?
Never been clear distance and has always included any part of the body that can play the ball

stupot07

Marginal but looks off to me. Given we have benefited from one or two well offside goals I don't think can quibble about this one. I can't remember the city players moaning much at the time, and Robins barely mentioned it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Otis

That's completely the wrong angle to judge an offside call.anyway. Needs to be inline with the play, or a lot closer to the angle of the line.

So hard to judge it from that snap.

Users who are viewing this thread