Match Thread Coventry City v Bristol Rovers - Tuesday 14th January 2020 (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Allen and O'Hare in for Westbrooke and Shipley.

better days

Interesting that Robins said the team looked tired on Saturday so changes are likely
Two or three did well in the U23 games last week so they could feature

harvey098

I’ve lost some of the appetite I had for this one. In the first tie I wanted a full strength team but I’d be quite happy if he played a second string.

When he was asked on Saturday though he said three days was “plenty of time to recover” so who knows

Esoterica

I’ve lost some of the appetite I had for this one. In the first tie I wanted a full strength team but I’d be quite happy if he played a second string.

When he was asked on Saturday though he said three days was “plenty of time to recover” so who knows
He also said we looked tired during the game too which is a little bit of a contradiction - hopefully that's just Robins keeping his cards close to his chest. By playing the same team 4 matches in a row, we've lost the advantage that we had over other teams due to the boxing day postponement. He simply has to change things up for this game otherwise we will be in danger of running out of steam later in the season. I would expect Mason, Allen, O'Hare and one of Biamou or Baka to start as a minimum with possibly Pask too.

Sky Blue Pete

He also said we looked tired during the game too which is a little bit of a contradiction - hopefully that's just Robins keeping his cards close to his chest. By playing the same team 4 matches in a row, we've lost the advantage that we had over other teams due to the boxing day postponement. He simply has to change things up for this game otherwise we will be in danger of running out of steam later in the season. I would expect Mason, Allen, O'Hare and one of Biamou or Baka to start as a minimum with possibly Pask too.
Yep those 5 were the ones I was assuming too

Grendel

SkyBlueCRJ

This would be my choice. Gives the players who looked shattered on Saturday a necessary rest and still fields a competitive side.

Marosi

Dabo
Hyam
Rose
Drysdale/Williams
Mason

Pask/Eccles
Walsh
Allen

O'Hare
Biamou

harvey098

This would be my choice. Gives the players who looked shattered on Saturday a necessary rest and still fields a competitive side.

Marosi

Dabo
Hyam
Rose
Drysdale/Williams
Mason

Pask/Eccles
Walsh
Allen

O'Hare
Biamou

GK: Marosi
RWB: Pask
CB: Rose
CB: McFadz (need some experience)
CB: Drysdale
LWB: Mason
Mid: Allen
Mid: Walsh
Mid: O’Hare
AM: Hiwula
AM: Shipley (too soon for JJ?)
ST: Biamou

Sky Blue Pete

Gosh that would be a statement and if we lost accusations of not taking it seriously enough

SkyBlueCRJ

Pask isn't a RWB. He's a CB who can play RB so I doubt Robins would be willing to put him here as he'll be at risk of having little to no attacking threat on the right hand side.

I was unsure about leaving out McFadzean as he played well on Saturday and he brings a lot to the table, but he's going to need a break at some point otherwise at his age he's likely to pick up an injury. Like you said though experience is needed in that back line. Robins may be forced to play him.

I think you need a midfielder who is able to break up the play and sweep up if putting 3 midfielders out. Maybe he has to sacrifice this though as he simply cannot start Kelly after Saturday's showing and neither Pask or Eccles are experienced enough in this role. But who else is there?

I can't see Hiwula starting. He's completely out of favour at the minute.

I'd be surprised if Shipley starts on Tuesday. He needs a rest. Way too soon for JJ IMO.

SkyBlueCRJ

Gosh that would be a statement and if we lost accusations of not taking it seriously enough

After Saturday's showing Robins is surely going to have to sacrifice something though? There's at least 3 first team players who have to be rested otherwise firstly, they'll physically be no use on the pitch and secondly, are likely to pick up injuries due to fatigue.

Sky Blue Pete

After Saturday's showing Robins is surely going to have to sacrifice something though? There's at least 3 first team players who have to be rested otherwise firstly, they'll physically be no use on the pitch and secondly, are likely to pick up injuries due to fatigue.
Don’t disagree

stay_up_skyblues

Certainly it needs freshening up and I would expect to see three or four changes. Although Godden has to start for me. Only just back to fitness and still needs games.

harvey098

Pask isn't a RWB. He's a CB who can play RB so I doubt Robins would be willing to put him here as he'll be at risk of having little to no attacking threat on the right hand side.

I was unsure about leaving out McFadzean as he played well on Saturday and he brings a lot to the table, but he's going to need a break at some point otherwise at his age he's likely to pick up an injury. Like you said though experience is needed in that back line. Robins may be forced to play him.

I think you need a midfielder who is able to break up the play and sweep up if putting 3 midfielders out. Maybe he has to sacrifice this though as he simply cannot start Kelly after Saturday's showing and neither Pask or Eccles are experienced enough in this role. But who else is there?

I can't see Hiwula starting. He's completely out of favour at the minute.

I'd be surprised if Shipley starts on Tuesday. He needs a rest. Way too soon for JJ IMO.

Fair comments. I saw Pask in the u23 game though and he was good going forward and I just felt Dabo deserves a rest.

On another matter, is this viewable online? I’m currently down in London and was going to come back for it but tbh if I can watch it online I’ll probably stay down here a bit longer.

Corrado

anybody know if any/who will be showing this match - not many games so surely someone will be showing it....

SkyBlueCRJ

Fair comments. I saw Pask in the u23 game though and he was good going forward and I just felt Dabo deserves a rest.

On another matter, is this viewable online? I’m currently down in London and was going to come back for it but tbh if I can watch it online I’ll probably stay down here a bit longer.

He was good going forward against Leamington in pre-season too. But against a tough Bristol side I still think it would be a risk playing someone who is yet to feature for us this season, in a relatively unfamiliar position at RWB.

Not sure. You may be able to stream it somewhere online but it won't be on iFollow.

shmmeee

Just as an intellectual exercise not necessarily the team I’d go for, I reckon this is the most you could change it without weakening too much.

Marosi
Drysdale Rose Hyam
Dabo Pask Walsh Mason
O’Hare Hiwula
Biamou

S: Wilson, McFadz, McCallum, Kelly, Shipley, Jones/Kastaneer, Godden

enough on the bench in case we are looking like losing control of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread