Match Thread Coventry City v Bristol Rovers - Tuesday 14th January 2020 (1 Viewer)

CCFC88

William Hill had the first tie on their site. Not sure about the replay though. First leg was also shown in Norway I believe with professional, neutral commentary

harvey098

My guess is Bet365 again. And the stream sites will use that feed.

I know there was big pressure from anti-gambling charities to take the rights off bookies for the FA Cup after the last round but wasn’t sure if it had been successful

SkyBlueCRJ

Was Anonymous on Saturday, could do with giving Baka or Max a start and have Godden Fresh for Saturdays massive game

It wasn't really his fault he was anonymous. Our midfield gave him little to no service all game and MK defenders were doubling up on him so most crosses/balls into the box were dealt with relatively easily. Plus there's only so much he can do when the midfield leave 40-50 yard gaps between themselves and their own striker.

shmmeee

I know there was big pressure from anti-gambling charities to take the rights off bookies for the FA Cup after the last round but wasn’t sure if it had been successful

Report I heard said the contract runs until 2024 or something so couldn’t change before then.

fernandopartridge

Not sure they could do that legally tbh, even if I agree with their stance. It is pretty abhorrent tbh but who'd think any different would happen in Spiv Britain.

Covstu

They were in discussions with bbc about showing the games so they backed down somewhat

no_loyalty

anybody know if any/who will be showing this match - not many games so surely someone will be showing it....

The first game was on ESPN, not sure if they are showing the replay?

cc84cov

I think we need mcfadz leadership at the back alongside the younger lads,going over to this looking forward to a win

Briles

£135,000 prize money if we beat Bristol and another 180k if we beat Brum. Thats a decent wedge

SlowerThanPlatt

Take Godden out of the team and the drop in quality of the options up front is huge - probably the only position other than goalkeeper. Hiwula would be a better bet than Biamou or Bakayoko but he seems to have burnt some bridges

CCFC88

.............Marosi
........Rose McFadz Hyam
Dabo ……………………..McAllum
......…....Walsh Kelly
...…..Allen..……...Westbroke
………….Godden

Try and get the game won within the first 45, this team needs to learn to go for the jugular and make the most of their leads, especially at home. Get 2 up and pull Godden, Westbroke and a CB after 45-60mins for Baka Ohare and Pask

fernandopartridge

Take Godden out of the team and the drop in quality of the options up front is huge - probably the only position other than goalkeeper. Hiwula would be a better bet than Biamou or Bakayoko but he seems to have burnt some bridges
He wouldn't work in that role but he would be an option alongside another striker

Paxman II

.................Marosi......................
........Rose McFadz Pask
Dabo ……………………..Mason
.............Walsh...Allen.............
..................O'Hare................
……..Godden....Biamou

Should have enough to win. But I think this is more likely:

.................Marosi......................
........Rose McFadz Hyam
Dabo ……………………..McCallum
.............Walsh...Allen.............
..................O'Hare................
……..Godden....Biamou

Sky Blue Harry H

Does he need it after already being out for a couple of months? Shouldn’t he have a bit more in the tank than those who have played from the start?
Sooner have him fresh for Doncaster, but hopefully the staff know best!

Sky Blue Harry H

I think that’s optimistic - I’d say more like 2.5k
Haha - just remembered the published crowd for Ipswich cup home game, so whatever the attendance they may announce it as that. ££££s for the bloke on the cash turnstile!!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I thought we should've made changes in the initial game and it appears keeping the unchanged team has started to show.

So I'll go with bringing in Mason, Pask, Allen and O'Hare. McCallum, Shipley and Westbrooke to drop to the bench and one of the CB's. Eccles on the bench for one of Walsh or Kelly late of if conditions allow.

Not going to guess if we'll go through but would be nice for the £££ and the Brum tie (and chance to progress further)

Users who are viewing this thread