Match Thread Coventry City v Bristol Rovers - Tuesday 14th January 2020 (1 Viewer)

stay_up_skyblues

Finally home after some Uber troubles...

Pask looks a class act. O’Hare was great too. Maxim’s first goal was so composed. And Allen was very good. All in all a very accomplished performance. JCH didn’t turn up again... I genuinely believe he’s a die hard city fan since he left.

Atmosphere was even worse than Saturday which is a shame. We need to get home, obviously.

He’s put some squad together this year though. Hats off to MR.

fernandopartridge

Finally home after some Uber troubles...

Pask looks a class act. O’Hare was great too. Maxim’s first goal was so composed. And Allen was very good. All in all a very accomplished performance. JCH didn’t turn up again... I genuinely believe he’s a die hard city fan since he left.

Atmosphere was even worse than Saturday which is a shame. We need to get home, obviously.

He’s put some squad together this year though. Hats off to MR.
The atmosphere would have been morgue like at the Ricoh too. This isn't a defence of St Andrews but I think this logical leap that the atmosphere is relative to the stadium is wrong

Great_Expectations

Fantastic result, and it absolutely shows the strength in depth we have. Not sure how anyone, even the most cynical (or those who like the attention) can deny how good our squad really is.

Although we probably shouldn’t get too excited, we’ve only got through as the FA Cup has gone downhill and is a weaker cup than previous years.

stay_up_skyblues

I genuinely think we beat Brum. Make no mistake, this is a great young squad well on the up.

I don’t disagree that the same game at the Ricoh would have been a flat atmosphere but I genuinely think it would have been much better. Course it would.

Don’t get me wrong, St Andrews is ideal for me due to location and I’ve had a fair few great days/nights out. But they would have been enhanced if we were home.

higgs

We have a good chance of making the 5th round we should give Birmingham a good game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

eastwoodsdustman

Anyone else see the blues fans kissing their badges at the end? They were only kids and started showing their blues tops as they went out. Fair play to them.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Really enjoyed that tonight. Men against boys at times. Pask is a player. Biamou - ha ha. Imagine if his bicycle kick had come off.

Love that Mason can drop in for McCallum, Pask (it turns out) can do Dabo’s job, our midfield is full of (good) options and the defence look like they are all getting a good understanding of each other.

Allen was lively, Walsh is the nuts. Best start I’ve seen from O’Hare, great to see him start a game and have a massive impact. Will do his confidence the world of good.

Just hope we kick on in the league now, this team is good enough to go up.

Johnnythespider

Glad i dragged myself over there last night, horrible weather but a dominant performance. Back home in Wyken by 10:20, midfield very strong, Max clinical and solid at the back. All the player's who came in played well, onwards and upwards.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Usual downgrading in importance of the FA cup I expect. Also from memory I don't think there are replays from 5th round onwards - not 100% sure on that though.
Yup. Part of the agreed 'winter break' for EPL sides...

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
What does this mean for the FA Cup?
Traditionally, the FA Cup fifth round would have been played on the weekend of Feb. 15. Instead, it will now be played in the midweek of March 4 -- the rest week between the opening knockout matches of the Champions League and Europa League.

Replays have been scrapped from the fifth round onwards, and any drawn ties will go to extra time and penalties.

Sky Blue Harry H

Haven't been through the thread to see if it's been mentioned, but I and a few around me were commenting on Max's pace chasing a couple of through balls, and we couldn't work out whether Max was quicker than we'd realised, or whether the Bristol Rovers centre backs were really slow!! (apologies for the elongated sentence!!!)

itsabuzzard

Haven't been through the thread to see if it's been mentioned, but I and a few around me were commenting on Max's pace chasing a couple of through balls, and we couldn't work out whether Max was quicker than we'd realised, or whether the Bristol Rovers centre backs were really slow!! (apologies for the elongated sentence!!!)
That's ridiculous. The elongated sentence, I mean.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

If big clubs don't want replays then they could play their full strength teams to try and win in a single leg. Alternatively they could try and pressure UEFA to make Champions League games single legs, or is it just about the fucking money again.

shepardo01

Was a procession last night. Apart from a 5 minute spell in the 1st half where JCH hit the bar, and towards the end, where we had lost a bit of shape and quality when the changes were made, Bristol offered very little.
Walsh, again looked very good. Kelly was Kelly, and O'Hare was the spark we needed after a fairly flat performance on Saturday.
Was impressed by Pask, notably his versatility - Robins said he had never played "wing back" before.
Right, this may upset a few, but I do feel that Jodi Jones has "become a much better player" in peoples minds during his absence.
His last prolonged spell of games was in L2 and I would not say he was setting the world on fire then. He is VERY left footed (shown last night when he went past a man on the near side and has a clear path to side foot across goal with his right.... which would have been the best choice, but instead checked back onto his left and played back.... This was a common feature when he was playing also.
Does anybody else think he should go out on loan so he can get a prolonged spell of games, and so his actual quality can be fully assessed?
I will be interested to see what the next few weeks holds for him.
I would love him to do well, but thinking of the team and its possibility for success this season, I feel we have stepped up in terms of quality since JJ was last fully integrated into the squad. He's not going to play out wide due to the formation, and O'Hare is streets ahead of him in terms of quality in the 10 role.

fernandopartridge

Was a procession last night. Apart from a 5 minute spell in the 1st half where JCH hit the bar, and towards the end, where we had lost a bit of shape and quality when the changes were made, Bristol offered very little.
Walsh, again looked very good. Kelly was Kelly, and O'Hare was the spark we needed after a fairly flat performance on Saturday.
Was impressed by Pask, notably his versatility - Robins said he had never played "wing back" before.
Right, this may upset a few, but I do feel that Jodi Jones has "become a much better player" in peoples minds during his absence.
His last prolonged spell of games was in L2 and I would not say he was setting the world on fire then. He is VERY left footed (shown last night when he went past a man on the near side and has a clear path to side foot across goal with his right.... which would have been the best choice, but instead checked back onto his left and played back.... This was a common feature when he was playing also.
Does anybody else think he should go out on loan so he can get a prolonged spell of games, and so his actual quality can be fully assessed?
I will be interested to see what the next few weeks holds for him.
I would love him to do well, but thinking of the team and its possibility for success this season, I feel we have stepped up in terms of quality since JJ was last fully integrated into the squad. He's not going to play out wide due to the formation, and O'Hare is streets ahead of him in terms of quality in the 10 role.
Jesus christ, give him a chance.

skyblueinBaku

If big clubs don't want replays then they could play their full strength teams to try and win in a single leg. Alternatively they could try and pressure UEFA to make Champions League games single legs, or is it just about the fucking money again.
Of course it's about the money!

Nick

Administrator
Yes mate at the game just interested in anyone who can ever get a stream to work their all a waste of time when I’ve tried

giphy.gif

Very strange

Gassy

No offence guys, but try not to get too excited after your performance against us.

If we were still with Coughlan, I'd say you'd have more reason - but since Garner took over our record has been P 7, W 0, D 2, L 5.

We've had 12 shots on target in those 7 games (7 of those came in 2 games), 0 goals from open play (2 penalties and one a freekick - 2 of those were against you), we were 4th in the table (2nd at half time) - now we're 12th and conceded 13 goals in 7 games, whilst scoring 3. On top of that we lost at home to bottom of the EFL, Stevenage and we've deserved to lose every game we've played.

Good luck against Birmingham in the next round, if you're after another 3 points in a few weeks against us, you'll only need to score 1 next time. Please?

Gassy

Fair enough mate but you can only beat what’s in front of you we should of won the first leg...Your guys thoughts on JCH ? Do you see him staying this window ?
Very true tbf.

I fancy you guys to do well this season, I think the league is poor overall and there for the taking.

As for JCH, he was so good until Garner came in. I think we all know his injury issues (I'm never sure if he's actually fit), but personally I'd sell him. When we were pushing for promotion I'd have said get a lower fee in summer and just go for it this year, but at this point I'd rather get rid and cash in. His interest has completely dropped and for the first time we're seeing the mentality issues we've heard from other fans. He spends more time moaning at a misplaced pass, rather than actually chasing the ball down. Which is ironic as I can't see anyone coming in for him because he just comes across as lazy

Users who are viewing this thread