Match Thread Coventry City - Swansea City Match Thread - Friday 29th Dec (3 Viewers)

SkyblueTexan

When you are defending a slender lead like we were today and like against Huddersfield at home late in the game, we really need to manage the game better and shithouse than give away a goal deep into stoppage time. So naive. That's 4 points and countless more we've given away.

Cally Fedora

Frustrating in the end but we’re a squad to be feared now. I actually think we need to find a back up to Bidwell now as unfortunately Dasilva cant be justified a spot even as back up. So much more starting to come together. Wright looks absolute quality and special mention to Latibeaudiere’s versatility.

Fysnkysc

We need to get these stupid results out, last season we lost so many points because of stupid results, let's hope that's it and we start putting a nice winning run together now but it won't be easy with Middlesbrough and Leicester coming up.

pusbccfc

But refs are biased against us 😂

No, if he's off he's off. Just like the Swansea dive, like the rest of them all night, was a dive.

Astute

Frustrating to get the gap on 6th down to 3 points then back to 5.
It's the performance that matters at this stage of the season. 3 points would have been nice but it wasn't to be. What I see is a team with the desire to win and the capability of going on a long run.

The ref wasn't very good. It happens. Time to beat Middlesbrough again. We're in a good place. The 1st team have had a bit of a rest.

Go back 10 games and many on here expected a relegation battle. Everything is starting to come together.

I stick with my predictions. 3rd to 6th this season. If we fail in the playoffs again I expect us to be challenging for the top 2 next season. Some people underestimate how hard it is to put a completely new side together.

Look at Ipswich. No star players but have been together for a fair bit of time. We're getting to the point of the season where the teams that have been rebuilt like us are now off and running. Better players that have learned how each other play. Ipswich will drop out of the top 2. Next season we will have the same settled squad. We won't need 10 games or more for our players to bed in. We will be off on a flyer.

Ccfcfollower

Palmer was having an excellent game, instead of bringing Simms on for Godden ( both give us nothing) an option worth trying would have been play Palmer up front.
He’s got the build , holds the ball well, has a cracking shot and wants the ball.
Problem solved

RegiswasGod

Up to 12th but would have been 8th with the win.

49% possession but 21 shots. We deserved to win.

Now 5 points off 6th. Still can't see us not making the playoffs at least
Alright, rein in the positivity. Some of these bedwetting pricks will be getting all agitated

Balli001

It's the performance that matters at this stage of the season. 3 points would have been nice but it wasn't to be. What I see is a team with the desire to win and the capability of going on a long run.

The ref wasn't very good. It happens. Time to beat Middlesbrough again. We're in a good place. The 1st team have had a bit of a rest.

Go back 10 games and many on here expected a relegation battle. Everything is starting to come together.

I stick with my predictions. 3rd to 6th this season. If we fail in the playoffs again I expect us to be challenging for the top 2 next season. Some people underestimate how hard it is to put a completely new side together.

Look at Ipswich. No star players but have been together for a fair bit of time. We're getting to the point of the season where the teams that have been rebuilt like us are now off and running. Better players that have learned how each other play. Ipswich will drop out of the top 2. Next season we will have the same settled squad. We won't need 10 games or more for our players to bed in. We will be off on a flyer.
Maybe a little too optimistic but we are 3 points off 7th and have played away at 7 of the teams above already. Still in with a great shout

Macca

Keeping the team together is the challenge

Skyblue Bangkok

We need to get these stupid results out, last season we lost so many points because of stupid results, let's hope that's it and we start putting a nice winning run together now but it won't be easy with Middlesbrough and Leicester coming up.
Frustrating , conceding late at home against Huddersfield and tonight.

ms639

Why not what was there to lose?

He’s not a striker. These are professional footballers that spend years honing a craft and becoming experts in a position. Assuming that a player who has never ever played as a striker will somehow miraculously be better at it than players who play there week in week out is just stupid.

‘He’s got the build’ tells me everything I need to know about this ridiculous statement what ‘build?’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fysnkysc

Keep this team together next year we have a very good chance of going up automatically (if we don't scrape playoffs this year). Ipswich are no better than we are.
They're so much better than us 🤣, they actually attack and create and pass, they as you say played us off the park.

Johnnythespider

I thought the wall was lined up wrong, there looked to be loads of room to the right of it and that's where the ball went. Shame to concede so late as they were mostly poor. Thought the ref gave them free kicks he wasn't giving us but that's not why we didn't win.

Users who are viewing this thread