Match Thread Coventry City - Swansea City Match Thread - Friday 29th Dec (3 Viewers)

Marty

Being a bit more realistic , will roller shutters stop leicester fans and coventry fans kicking the shutters to pieces when they play eachother ?

A partition wall will

Stick a couple of coppers each side and no one will do anything anyway. I've been to plenty of stadiums that just have roller shutters diving fans and if I'm not mistaken, the king power has exactly that set up and nothing happened when we played them first game of the season.

Evo1883

Stick a couple of coppers each side and no one will do anything anyway. I've been to plenty of stadiums that just have roller shutters diving fans and if I'm not mistaken, the king power has exactly that set up and nothing happened when we played them first game of the season.

I may be mistaken , but didn't the shutters get kicked in against Birmingham when the arena opened or was it a temporary wall ?

Unfortunately coppers don't get involved these days unless things have already kicked off it seems

Marty

I may be mistaken , but didn't the shutters get kicked in against Birmingham when the arena opened or was it a temporary wall ?

Unfortunately coppers don't get involved these days unless things have already kicked off it seems

You maybe correct about Blues I don't remember. Just having a police presence on the concourse would be enough to deter the vast majority from causing issues.

shmmeee

Think we’ll concede
Wonder if we’ll work out a way of getting more fluid going forward

Need to do what we did in defence and have a consistent set of players who can get used to each other. I thought we were getting that then team changes then Simms out and Sheaf injured messed that up a bit.

theferret

Cracks me up on here , because it's been pointed out multiple times our fans are fucking weird .. start trouble often and have been responsible for most of the violence I've seen at stadiums home and away I've visited for the last 10 years ( believe me , I'm not lying )

And they are like , why aren't we closer like everybody else

are the safety group and police thick ? Or do they just love denying CCFC money
Music Video GIF by Epitaph Records

A bit dramatic that. Given that's it's Cov you follow home and away, and you're with Cov fans on those trips, it's stands to reason that any trouble you will see will involve Cov fans? Who else is it going to involve?

I go to every away game pretty much. Rarely rock up later than 11.30, always go for a few drinks, and I've hardly seen anything. Nothing this season at home. In the ground against Blues and Soton minimal segregation, nowt happens. Wednesday at home, Phil Mitchell from Sheffield plays up a bit and all of a sudden it's a major incident.

JohnWH

Cracks me up on here , because it's been pointed out multiple times our fans are fucking weird .. start trouble often and have been responsible for most of the violence I've seen at stadiums home and away I've visited for the last 10 years ( believe me , I'm not lying )

Music Video GIF by Epitaph Records

Is the local cocaine tainted

SBT

Pretty sure that we don’t want a regular police presence in the concourse as standard.

Fysnkysc

1-0 loss,
cov on fire with results but performances have been pretty poor, and swansea just got spanked.

so in typical cov fashion cov 0 - 1 swansea

Ricketts

Another clean sheet (I don’t know how the last couple of matches, the opponents have been missing sitters!)

5-0. Sakamoto, O Hare, Thomas, Eccles, Allen, Wright.
And still in rhe bottom half of the table, 3 points off playoffs

napolimp

Sunderland and Hull with winnable fixtures tonight, would be great to keep the pressure on after all the hard work getting to this position.

SHUNT31

Being a bit more realistic , will roller shutters stop leicester fans and coventry fans kicking the shutters to pieces when they play eachother ?

A partition wall will
They have a roller shutter at West Ham. Their fans aren’t exactly the most well behaved either.

chiefdave

Something doesn't add up though. There's official stats available on the gov.uk website for football related arrests and banning orders

Our numbers are nowhere near the top of the list. Last seasons data shows 25 arrests and 11 banning orders. Basically one arrest per game.

SBAndy

Could you not just close 2 roller shutters and essentially cordon off a segment of the concourse? That way there’s 2 shutters between fans.

Great_Expectations

Biggest team selection change I want to see today (assuming nothing else has changed); Simms in for Godden.

Don’t mind Godden but we can’t have another game feeling like we’re playing with 10.

Evo1883

Something doesn't add up though. There's official stats available on the gov.uk website for football related arrests and banning orders

Our numbers are nowhere near the top of the list. Last seasons data shows 25 arrests and 11 banning orders. Basically one arrest per game.

No fans were arrested that I saw when they were throwing objects across to the away fans boxing day .. you also have to remember coventry police officers get on with half the fans 🤣🤣 a slap on the wrist and move on , the main police officer is sound as fuck to be fair

Evo1883

You say nothing happens but there was some fighting outside the stadium v blues .

Users who are viewing this thread