Match Thread Coventry City - Swansea City Match Thread - Friday 29th Dec (7 Viewers)

shmmeee

Well sure allen was shite , I called it at half time .. but why is it hard for fans to accept that playing an off centre ball 4 yards to a central midfielder inside the box is a shitty thing to do ?? Had allen played the same pass you'd be wetting yourself

Its not a “ball” he’s stretching to intercept a pass.

Evo1883

He was garbage tonight and was replaced by a right back rather than bringing Eccles on. But sure.

Allen is a decent AM, he’s a fucking woeful DM and always has been. How he’s not getting the blame for the first says it all.

I think he's getting blamed .. you're conveniently ignoring it and focusing on the shitty pass ( that adds to pass completion ) that sheaf did

You've also blamed collins for their equaliser

Mucca Mad Boys

He was garbage tonight and was replaced by a right back rather than bringing Eccles on. But sure.

Allen is a decent AM, he’s a fucking woeful DM and always has been. How he’s not getting the blame for the first says it all.

It's his fault - 100%. He clearly loses control of the ball and Sheaf's interception was fine.

mmttww

We don't create chances down the middle at all which is why both Godden and Simms don't look great. It's no surprise Wright suddenly looks like twice the player when playing down the left. Today's result, like 4-5 times this season, is that we couldn't maintain control in midfield and we're still missing that Hamer archetype. Specifically, someone who can start counter attacks with direct passes from deep. Likewise, it's games like this that show why we moved to 4-2-3-1 in the first place - more bodies in midfield.

We conceded both goals today because we didn't clear our lines effectively. The first goal Allen was trying to be too cute when he wasn't in control of the ball and the 2nd was period of 2-3m. Overall, what frustrated me was that we seemed to play like we were 2 goals ahead and a bit too complacent.

We clearly are good enough to be in the playoffs because we've threw away a good 8 points from late goals conceded.

About right.

SkyblueTexan

I don't care how tired Bidwell, COH, MVE, Saka, Lati and today's version of Palmer are, but they have to play 90 mins. No rest allowed because we don't have ideal replacements. Godden, Allen, JDS need to find new teams. Sheaf makes suicidal mistakes that really get on my nerves, If we find a better version of him, I'd be tempted to get rid.

Sky Blue Pete

Yes,just my opinion don't think he's as good as alot of fans make out , seems prone to make basic errors at times
What errors tonight?
normally he does but I didn’t think tonight
He was also everywhere all game closing down winning tackles playing passes
Sofa score sheaf 7.8 Allen 5.9
Fairly reflects our two starting midfielders

Evo1883

What errors tonight?
normally he does but I didn’t think tonight
He was also everywhere all game closing down winning tackles playing passes
Sofa score sheaf 7.8 Allen 5.9
Fairly reflects our two starting midfielders

He gave away 2 free kicks on the edge of the box within 3 minutes at the death for starters , they scored from 1 ... why does he even challenge rather than stand his man ???

Sky Blue Pete

He gave away 2 free kicks on the edge of the box within 3 minutes at the death for starters , they scored from 1 ... why does he even challenge rather than stand his man ???
5 of our players challenged that player and most are saying it’s not a free kick
Don’t remember the other one
I do remember him winning possibly 5 tackles including two stopping breakawys
Also numerous interceptions and high 80’s percentage passing
We should have won but it wasn’t the captains fault we didn’t

Sky Blue Pete

Oh come on! Allen is still running backwards when the definite pass is played to him! The dawdling is poor. But the crap decision, something Sheaf gets away with countless times per game, is poorer.
There weren’t countless crap decisions today
That’s hyperbole and any neutral watching that game would pick out sheaf saka wright and probably palmer saying they looked good
Allen majorly at fault for goal

Evo1883

5 of our players challenged that player and most are saying it’s not a free kick
Don’t remember the other one
I do remember him winning possibly 5 tackles including two stopping breakawys
Also numerous interceptions and high 80’s percentage passing
We should have won but it wasn’t the captains fault we didn’t

I can't Pete it's insane sorry

Mucca Mad Boys

Two centre halves to pass to. Nah, play it to Allen who’s on his heels with a player already on him.

View attachment 33025

If you've watched the replay, you would've seen Sheaf was never in control of the ball so a pass to either of those CBs would be risky. Allen controlled the ball, took another touch before losing control before his third touch in the box. I like Allen, but he's undoubtedly the guilty party here. If he lost the ball after the 1st touch from Sheaf's pass, I'd be willing to agree that Sheaf was at fault. Allen had 2 touches and lost the ball making this 3rd touch without being under that much pressure - that's not acceptable.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm gonna fuck things up here, but I thought Sheaf was pretty good overall tonight. Unfortunately there were a couple of things he did which contributed (in some way) to them scoring goals. That's a big problem unfortunately. There were other players both better and worse though.

I enjoyed the game a lot, even though it was freezing. Annoyed a bit at the team selection, as it felt like we were handicapping ourselves again. We've clearly got a number one format now, but how we started today wasn't really that. Managed my expectations as a result of it and therefore wasn't that surprised we only drew.

Forget about it for now and go throw the kitchen sink at 'Boro.

Sky Blue Pete

I'm gonna fuck things up here, but I thought Sheaf was pretty good overall tonight. Unfortunately there were a couple of things he did which contributed (in some way) to them scoring goals. That's a big problem unfortunately. There were other players both better and worse though.

I enjoyed the game a lot, even though it was freezing. Annoyed a bit at the team selection, as it felt like we were handicapping ourselves again. We've clearly got a number one format now, but how we started today wasn't really that. Managed my expectations as a result of it and therefore wasn't that surprised we only drew.

Forget about it for now and go throw the kitchen sink at 'Boro.
We can’t he’s suspended

Deity

It was very telling today that every time one of our midfielders or wide players looked up Godden wasn’t a credible option. He can’t run behind, difficult to hit with a cross given his relative height compared to central defender, and he struggles to keep up with play when we break with pace.

I don’t doubt the guy can finish but his all round contribution is no longer the right fit for us.

Users who are viewing this thread