Match Thread Coventry City - Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (3 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Looked a lot more solid and second half was decent, finishing aside. Bidwell and Eccles* men of the match. Also thought it was Thomas best match for us and Kitching was good

*just shoot Josh !!!

Macca

I’m afraid I don’t believe any of the 3 strikers today are the answer so we have a big problem. Good signs in other areas and think god Bidwell is back

Evo1883

Haven't read though so don't know what people think , but I thought we played quite well today for the most part , tired at the end , the subs seemed to make us worse .

Stoke were limited to nothing , not because they are shit , but because we were pretty good ..

Stopped the rot and work from here

Grendel

Covcity4life is always right!

Thought it was alright today. The keeper and back 4 all played well and we didn't give Stoke a sniff. That's got to be encouraging for robins considering we have removed a CB from the formation

And we are back to having chances and not taking them. Better than zero creation.

The main issue is stil midfield. I thought sheaf and Eccles were brilliant today but we need a player who can make things happen with tehcniqie and flair.

The subs didn't work. O hare was shite and saka never got the ball. In hindsight would have been interesting to see Simms kept on.

But the losing streak is over and there is some potential with the formation.

Onwards and upwards

PUSB

You described da silva as a brilliant signing - are you right about that as you always are

pusbccfc

Give it a rest, we had two or three great chances and Stoke had one reasonable chance.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

People have been saying that for months now. We can spend a season creating two or three chances and fail to win every week.

Grendel

I never said otherwise so I've no idea what you're going on about.

Well you’ve also said Wright and Bidwell were the same in the ratings thread - why would Palmer give us an advantage today in that formation

Brighton Sky Blue

Quick long throw to release Wright as well. Let’s hope Robins doesn’t start randomly chopping and changing again !
Once he came about 20 yards out of his goal and found Godden in the opposition box. Wasn’t tested much today otherwise but he deserves to start again next time.

PVA

Well you’ve also said Wright and Bidwell were the same in the ratings thread - why would Palmer give us an advantage today in that formation

Because Allen and O'Hare offered very little and Palmer would benefit from having three forwards in front of him, something he's never had here before.

Users who are viewing this thread