Match Thread Coventry City - Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

Didn’t think Bid Well did anything of note other than fail to challenge the third TBH. But Da Silva was just that poor.

JBW over JDS for me though.

ProfessorbyGrace

I’m not quite able to compute the, albeit sporadic, calls for a continuation of the 5-3-2 that has, in all honesty, produced some of the most dire, shaky, directionless and ineffective football we’ve played for years.

That system DOES NOT WORK with this crop of players. How will flogging that dead horse get it to move?

If it isn’t 4-3-3, then I’m putting my tinfoil hat on, and saying it’s an illuminati orchestrated plan to have us relegated. Anyone seen MR or DK giving EFL officials dodgy handshakes with a trouser leg rolled up?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Wilson

MvE – Thomas – Binks – Bidwell

Eccles - Sheaf - Allen

Simms – Godden - Wright

4-3-3 for me. Sakamoto and COH to come on at some point. Maybe harsh on the former, but give him some good minutes in the second half. The front three above seemed to look pretty dangerous against Preston once we switched formation. Would like to see us start with that.
Spot on for me, I would say sakamoto maybe to start over Godden and Simms central but for now I think this is it

shmmeee

Bidwell gets forward better than Da Silva, not as tidy on the ball but makes up the ground better

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Im not convinced about eithers end product. But if we’re going 4ATB and more direct then its Bidwell all the way.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

If we go 4 at the back…

Collins

MVE – Latibeaudiere* – Kitching* – Bidwell

Sheaf – Eccles

Sakamoto – Allen – Simms

Wright​

*Take your pick from the centre backs to be fair, could be any of them really (except Fadz if it’s a four!).

And Simms/Wright are interchangeable there.
This looks a good team on paper.

Offhegoes

Not sure about the move to a back 4.

We were chasing the game 2nd half against a bang average Preston team who probably came out to shut up shop.

We drew the half 1-1. Yes we looked better, but it wasn't hard after the worst 45 mins of the season in the 1st half.

I was quite encouraged with our performance against WBA on the Monday and was shocked that Robin's returned to 2 strikers, and brought Ayari in. I think that formation / personnel cost us the game.
I would go back to the box on Saturday, but make several changes to the team.

MVE at RWB
Binks for Fadz (Kitching moves to center)
Lati for Thomas

Eccles, Sheaf
O'Hare Sakamoto
Wright

Last chance saloon for Wilson & JDS - Collins and Bidwell ready for their chance
Allen to come on early, as O'Hare will surely tire.

Grendel

I think if we want to be more progressive it's probably Sakamoto.

he’s hopeless defensively and seemingly can’t play more than one game without needing weeks to recover

Offhegoes

And has offered nothing going forward either. Even Ayari has contributed more
Rubbish. He carries the ball better than Ayari does. Made the goal (Swansea (a). And for his size, gets pushed off the ball less than the lightweight loan player. Defensively maybe not so great, but he plays as an AM for me.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Rubbish. He carries the ball better than Ayari does. Made the goal (Swansea (a). And for his size, gets pushed off the ball less than the lightweight loan player. Defensively maybe not so great, but he plays as an AM for me.
I'm guessing he's being slightly disingenuous and is talking about actual output (Ayari has scored etc). I agree with Grendel, there is no chance we should be playing him at LB, but I am also slightly confused by how he seems to be everyone's current favourite player. He has a nice shimmy and beats a man, but is he yet to actually do anything with it at all?

pusbccfc

Are the lads we signed any better than rose and mcnally

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Nowhere near as good as McNally but on par with Rose.

Saddlebrains

To be completely honest and im sure im not the only one, if Robins decides to line up 3 5 2 and keep persisting with a system that just doesnt work anymore, that would be a clear sign he's fully lost the plot

Ian1779

Fadz looks like he is struggling with the pace of the attackers running off him.
If we play deeper to accommodate him then we give the opposition more space to play in and gives our central midfielders even more ground to cover, whilst likely being outnumbered due to our 5 at the back.

Fadz looks like he is struggling with the pace of the attackers running off him.
If we play deeper to accommodate him then we give the opposition more space to play in and gives our central midfielders even more ground to cover, whilst likely being outnumbered due to our 5 at the back.

I didn’t think we struggled when he went off last game. Tbh I think the gaffa will ease him out of the squad during the second half of the season. Kitching looks strong defensively and doesn’t take no crap, hopefully can learn a thing or two from Fadz before he replaces him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread