Match Thread Coventry City - Southampton Match Thread - Wednesday 13th Dec (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

Apologies - just joined this thread now after arriving home so not aware of any (thoroughly deserved) criticism that may well have already been voiced, but does anybody else think that Sheaf is dog shit?
Awful tonight, indifferent against blues and dropping material against Ipswich.
Priority upgrade in January me thinks.
Downside obviously that there's a song that needs to be binned.
I thought Sheaf was below his normal self tonight, it happens wouldn’t go overboard and certainly wouldn’t drop him. He did improve second half.

oscillatewildly

Actually, I didn’t mean to like this post, because he’s not dog shit, but he’s often got a misplaced pass in him, almost looks to casual. Needs to be more clinical.
Ah, so you 'misplaced' a 'like' in defence of a player who often... I think I can start forming a resting of my case right here.

Martin180

I thought Sheaf was below his normal self tonight, it happens wouldn’t go overboard and certainly wouldn’t drop him. He did improve second half.
I don’t think the pairing of Sheaf and Allen worked well against their central pairing all night . Was hard for Robins to change the team after the Brum result though

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

It’s a shame some on here have formed opinions on him and won’t ever change them , it’s pathetic to be honest

disagree - people are only confused because others seem to blow smoke up his arse every game…

do you honestly think he’s good enough to play (start) the whole season in midfield if we want to finish top 6?

maybe we were spoilt with Hamer for the last few seasons, but he’s nowhere near that level, and we can 100% do better in the transfer window next month.

I don’t think people are slating him, just disagreeing with others who think he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

Martin180

disagree - people are only confused because others seem to blow smoke up his arse every game…

do you honestly think he’s good enough to play (start) the whole season in midfield if we want to finish top 6?

maybe we were spoilt with Hamer for the last few seasons, but he’s nowhere near that level, and we can 100% do better in the transfer window next month.

I don’t think people are slating him, just disagreeing with others who think he’s the best thing since sliced bread.
Based on what ? How is he nowhere near that level ? He was our best player by some distance early season

pusbccfc

Simms is seriously splitting opinions on here and social media.

Some people raving about him and others baffled by what he offers.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Based on what ? How is he nowhere near that level ? He was our best player by some distance early season
Point proven 🤷🏼‍♂️

I do wonder given your previous comments whether you watched the game tonight, or many this season, but we’re all entitled to our opinions at the end of the day, I just don’t agree with yours!

shmmeee

If it's the one I think there was nothing in it except it could have been an OG.

First half? It was right in front of me and the defender had no right to get to it, Simms just couldn’t control it then let the defender in. Was maddening.

shmmeee

Can we talk about how shit the Southampton song selection is? I’d be embarrassed if I were them singing that Portsmouth song as well, would be like Villa singing about us. And the God awful when the saints every five fucking minutes (when they’re not losing).

shmmeee

Not seen enough games with him as a starter but based on tonight for me a poor Simms offers us more in this formation than godden still

That sounds harsher on godden than is intended. I just thought Simms physicality keeps defences on their toes even when he's not on form

This is true. I said at half time I’d have taken him off but Godden would have been even worse with no strength or pace.

David O'Day

Can we talk about how shit the Southampton song selection is? I’d be embarrassed if I were them singing that Portsmouth song as well, would be like Villa singing about us. And the God awful when the saints every five fucking minutes (when they’re not losing).
What was the Portsmouth song? From 15 they were mostly a mumble of background noise.

shmmeee

Not really, that's a genuine rivalry.

Just find it a bit cringe when there’s such a gap between teams. They’re basically Premier League and Pompey have been solidly L1 for a while.

Have the rivalry but constantly singing about it in unrelated games seems a bit tinpot IMO

David O'Day

The "you've had a shot" song was so cringeworthy it convinced me that most of them have ever seen a woman naked

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Horrific! At times i was actually embarrassed for their fans, how they had nothing else but that one song.

chiefdave

Just find it a bit cringe when there’s such a gap between teams. They’re basically Premier League and Pompey have been solidly L1 for a while.

Have the rivalry but constantly singing about it in unrelated games seems a bit tinpot IMO
Its not a football thing, having lived for years in Portsmouth the two cities hate each other, well certain sections of both cities. Apparently all stems back to strike breaking except it appears to be a myth and never actually happened.
Portsmouth fans call Southampton fans “scum” or “scummers” supposedly because the Southampton Company of Union Men crossed the picked line in the 1950s while dock workers from Portsmouth were on strike. The story is highly unlikely to be true.

robbiethemole

Now we know how they've got so high up the table..........................they bore every fucker to sleep and sneak a goal.
What a shit game they play, typical Russel Martin dross, just like at Swansea only the players are worth more.

Users who are viewing this thread