Match Thread Coventry City - Southampton Match Thread - Wednesday 13th Dec (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Southampton match, tactics and predictions :)

BlueSkiesForever

A big game tbf, real acid test of our new system but I hope we can get at least a draw out of it.

As dominant as we were last night, Birmingham were awful and it’s clear Rooney can’t manage a football team. Southampton are doing really well and have stopped leaking as many goals as they were at the start of the season. We can beat the Plymouths, the Birminghams, the Millwalls, the Blackburns of this league but it’ll be interesting to see if we can do it against some of the Prem relegated teams.

I’ll go for a hopeful 1-1.

Skyblue Bangkok

A big game tbf, real acid test of our new system but I hope we can get at least a draw out of it.

As dominant as we were last night, Birmingham were awful and it’s clear Rooney can’t manage a football team. Southampton are doing really well and have stopped leaking as many goals as they were at the start of the season. We can beat the Plymouths, the Birminghams, the Millwalls, the Blackburns of this league but it’ll be interesting to see if we can do it against some of the Prem relegated teams.

I’ll go for a hopeful 1-1.
I'll take a draw

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

After a win like that it would be daft to change the team, that said, a controversial and predictable curve ball from me... The only two players I think probably deserve to play would be Eccles and Godden. The latter has been out of form, and even though I am not convinced on Simms yet, we really need to get him some regular game time, so that probably stays. Eccles though? He didn't deserve to get dropped, and if he had played instead of Sheaf last night and put in the same performance, people would be calling for a swap.

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Allen COH Eccles
Sakamoto Simms Wright

Scared Episode 14 GIF by The Simpsons

shmmeee

Take a draw here. Real test of the players. Hopefully the Ipswich game gave them a wake up call and we’ll start from the whistle this time.

Evo1883

Saints sold 2900 tickets so good support , think the crowd will be about 24,000 .

Draw would be a good result.. death by 1000 passes

PVA

I think Eccles might come in for O'Hare and push Allen forward.

I was surprised O'Hare started consecutive games, but I think three in a row, particularly with the third being a midweek game, might be a bit too much too soon in his return from injury.

shmmeee

I was surprised O'Hare started consecutive games, but I think three in a row, particularly with the third being a midweek game, might be a bit too much too soon in his return from injury.

The meltdown on here if we drop O’Hare after that performance…

PVA

The meltdown on here if we drop O’Hare after that performance…

Yeah that's the thing, he was so good it's so hard to leave him out. But we don't want him breaking down. Guess it's up to the medical department.

hinckley cov

I think he will stick with o’hare for this one , even if he only lasts about 70 minutes or so as I think bringing Eccles back would be a negative move , we look a far better team when we go at teams and don’t sit back.

ccfc1234

Same team please.
But he's itching to play Palmer, which would be quite disruptive imho.
How do you know?

I would bot change the team atm but if your suggestion is rights it's because he is the best we have at playing through balls and with Wright and Simms preferring to run onto balls he might think it will offer us a different dimension?

SBAndy

Strange one. Southampton will have loads of the ball so I’d imagine we look to counter attack, so wouldn’t be surprised to revert back to the flat 3 in midfield, but equally O’Hare would work really well breaking into the space. Key question is which 2 of Eccles, Allen and O’Hare start. Rest of the team picks itself as far as I’m concerned.

ccfc1234

Those calling for the return of Eccles seemingly don't think attack is the best form of defence. I can see a place for his introduction to shore things up at 70 mins but from the start at home (unless its instead of Sheaf, who is a superior footballer) it would be a negative move.

SkyBlueSoul

They're unbeaten in 12 and the 3rd best away side in the league, will be very tough indeed. Medical assessment of O'Hare's workload depending, I'd go unchanged. As good as Eccles is at breaking things up I think we need Allen's energy in the press more.

Afraid they'll have too much for us but I'll go 1-1, Wright for us. We're still improving and have a good home record.

long way home

I cant see Robins changing the set up, and if all report back fit and ready then personal stays the same for me. The only squad change comes on the bench with Godden in Ayari out.

As for them solid team but the keeper is a mess, id be taking every chance to take shots early at him. He never looks set and i think he is a weak link for them. I also got a feeling we are going to thump someone soon and turn a big side over. A game is coming when every cross finds its man and every shot finds the net. I hope its this one and to get would be a big 3 pts.

Boicey

How do you know?

I would bot change the team atm but if your suggestion is rights it's because he is the best we have at playing through balls and with Wright and Simms preferring to run onto balls he might think it will offer us a different dimension?
Because of Robins post match interview and obvious enthusiasm for Palmer coming back.
Palmer just slows tempo and work rate, both of which are essential to us playing well.

Users who are viewing this thread