Match Thread Coventry City - Southampton Match Thread - Wednesday 13th Dec (4 Viewers)

ccfc1234

Because of Robins post match interview and obvious enthusiasm for Palmer coming back.
Palmer just slows tempo and work rate, both of which are essential to us playing well.
Motivation for him knowing were going into a busy Christmas period?

PVA

Same team please.
But he's itching to play Palmer, which would be quite disruptive imho.

If he was itching to play Palmer he would have brought him on yesterday. There is no chance he starts on Wednesday.

Evo1883

We haven't seen palmer in the new system have we anyway ? Maybe wait until he gets some minutes in it which I'd imagine will be substitute minutes

Ashdown

Now I know I’ve been critical of our rather expensive strikers and still believe we could have done better for that money but….I think for the first time this season MR has discovered our best side with our current squad. Will be tougher than Brum but with the SBA at home 🤷‍♂️

Philosorapter

Got Hull in 6th at the moment, not too far away.

This season there seems to be a bigger gulf between the top and bottom teams.

Top 4 or 5 teams are racking up points at a greater rate than the previous few seasons for teams in the top 4 or 5.

Bottom few teams have less points than the other few seasons, from what I can remember.

Kind of interesting to watch.

Last edited:

mmttww

Palmer just slows tempo and work rate, both of which are essential to us playing well.

Total sh*te. Palmer has two issues:

1. Doesn't score / assist enough.
2. Doesn't last for 90 mins, ever rly.

Like a less energetic O'Hare 2 yrs ago.

hamil99

Facebook User
Even though we played well against Brum, we started off slowly in both halves. With Southampton's quality that could undo us. We really need concentration levels to be high from the get go, Southampton are a different level to Brum. We played well against Leicester and got fucked by derpy-hall having a blinder, that's the standard of play needed.

Collins
Van Ewijk, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell
O'Hare, Sheaf, Allen
Sakamoto, Simms, Wright

Really hope MR doesn't panic, because it's an ex-prem team, and revert to a back five.

Last edited:

Skyblue Bangkok

A big game tbf, real acid test of our new system but I hope we can get at least a draw out of it.

As dominant as we were last night, Birmingham were awful and it’s clear Rooney can’t manage a football team. Southampton are doing really well and have stopped leaking as many goals as they were at the start of the season. We can beat the Plymouths, the Birminghams, the Millwalls, the Blackburns of this league but it’ll be interesting to see if we can do it against some of the Prem relegated teams.

I’ll go for a hopeful 1-1.
I'll take a
Ideally I'd like all 3 but will take at least take a pont, 2 of the bottom 3 teams are showing some form now and we play one of them soon.

Skyblue Bangkok

I cant see Robins changing the set up, and if all report back fit and ready then personal stays the same for me. The only squad change comes on the bench with Godden in Ayari out.

As for them solid team but the keeper is a mess, id be taking every chance to take shots early at him. He never looks set and i think he is a weak link for them. I also got a feeling we are going to thump someone soon and turn a big side over. A game is coming when every cross finds its man and every shot finds the net. I hope its this one and to get would be a big 3 pts.
I don't think their keeper is very good and he certainly got down like a crab trying to save the Watford equaliser yesterday .

ProfessorbyGrace

Same team please.
But he's itching to play Palmer, which would be quite disruptive imho.
I thought that myself, haha. It would indeed be hugely disruptive, however he could only swap out COH for Palmer, and I don’t see that happening. As much as I want to like Palmer, I’d rather COH at 75% fitness in there.

I would hope we’ll exploit Southampton’s tendency to concede goals generally and build off that, as their GA column is the highest in the top 8. 28 conceded, 2 more than us.

2-2. PUSB. ⚽️

BlueSkiesForever

No. Eccles slows the game down. We need to stick with the pace of Allen, Saka & O’Hare.

I agree, I hope the exact same team plays on Wednesday, we need that intensity and pace, I know Eccles has had some very good games but I don’t know if his consistency is there from week to week. I feel with Allen you get a player that runs around a hell of a lot and is more forward thinking than Eccles, no disrespect to Eccles but some games he looks great and others he looks off it.

napolimp

Got Hull in 6th at the moment, not too far away.

This season there seems to be a bigger gulf between the top and bottom teams.

Top 4 or 5 teams are racking up points at a greater rate than the previous few seasons for teams in the top 4 or 5.

Bottom few teams have less points than the other few seasons, from what I can remember.

Kind of interesting to watch.

Was thinking about this yesterday. Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds, and Southampton are running away with it. If 3 of those 4 are replaced by Sheffield Utd/Burnley/Luton next season, with no stand out clubs at the top of League 1 (Stevenage are up there), it could be a considerably weaker and more even division.

Rugby Sky Blue

I don't think their keeper is very good and he certainly got down like a crab trying to save the Watford equaliser yesterday .
Bazuni is a good goalkeeper despite the mistake for Watfords goal yesterday. Originally being Irish I have followed his career a little bit and I would say he is one of the best goalkeepers in this division. I watched the highlights of the game on YouTube last night and Buzuni also made a handful of top class saves to deny Watford.

Users who are viewing this thread