Match Thread Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday [FA] Match Thread - Tuesday 6th Feb (2 Viewers)

Manchester_sky_blue

If they already know he's fractured it before he's even had it scanned, it's presumably quite bad. Hope it's 'hairline', but very much doubt it :(
Robins called it a depressed fracture in his post match interview. Having witnessed a few and suffered one myself they ain't pretty.

enigma

When people have an agenda against a player, like that guy does against JDS and Palmer, are they happy or sad when they do well? I see some posters constantly going on about one or two players and then they don't say anything when they do well. It seems weird, if I don't like a player I'm delighted to be proved wrong.
Comment of the day goes to you….an essay in a nutshell to the blinded 👏🏻

fernandopartridge

With Simms and Wright, there’s undoubtedly an element of price.

Tonight, every time they didn’t do something perfect it was ‘we spent 7 million on him’ or ‘he’s on 30k a week’.

Someone was saying Hadji Wright was shit after he’d scored… It’s hilarious. He became our top scorer tonight and remains our top assister too.

I said before they signed they'd be made a victim of the fee they had nothing to do with. Just stupid people motivated by pure spite.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Calista

The cheekbone. Not his eyes 👀
Sorry, it was a flippant remark based on the unfortunate way you phrased it.

Hope Allen is OK, but as per my previous post I fear it's a significant injury because they didn't wait for hospital results before saying it was fractured.

Martin180

Yeah I’m probably wrong mate, to be honest I didn’t know there was a difference in fracture as normally players play in a mask not long after

didn’t know of the depressed fracture term and the difference between that and a hairline one
The cheekbone is thickest around the nose and underneath the eye , its weaker as it travels further round towards the ear , that’s the area that usually requires surgery/wiring and can be dangerous

Fluffsta

Anyone else have to wait at least 20 mins before they got in the stadium?

missed the first goal
First game in ages I have been late and missed kick off as well as the first goal. Got to the ground and was confused why people wre still outside in que's. The M69 had a pretty bad crash southbound also so thought that might be the reason.

Martin180

Don't hear Godden getting dug out at games when he jumps half assed for headers over and over, gets nowhere near a through ball, or doesn't hold it up when he should.

First time Simms or Wright don't sprint after a through ball that's almost already with the keeper, or a pass that's screaming into touch, they get dug out in Block 15.

Treating people differently based on their racial or ethnic group is racism. Doesn't have to be abusive or involve racial slurs. I'm f*cking done with it and I'm calling that sh*t out.
Kaseys shirt tonight said less talk and more action . Pretty much sums it up

mmttww

SBT has taken a weird turn tonight...

Season 1 Doctor GIF by Friends

enigma

People are allowed to have an agenda or not rate players, palmer at last looks fitter and is in good form good on him

jds done well tonight but has deserved all his critics was woeful in most games
There’s an agenda and then there’s utter BS. Sometimes utter trolling. Actually agenda is both when said in a negative way. It’s reaction writing for attention seekers who clearly only see or hear what they want and are oblivious to reality. That’s my opinion anyway. I sit hear hoping the Cov players read some of this crap and have a good laugh at it…..taking by their celebrations with goals recently, they are!

Garlana86

BBC highlights show Simms sky rocket his chance to the moon right at the end, would have preferred if they'd left that off.

Northants Sky Blue

I know its a cliche to `get in the refs ear' but we really needed it yet again tonight.

Wednesday were leaving it late in the challenge all night and as much as I like Lats as a bloke the fact he was strongest candidate for skipper tonight is a bit of a concern

olderskyblue

Just a nod to Eccles in the 2nd half. The way he played was what we’ve been missing for a couple of game, including the 1st half tonight. He was very good, along with Torp, JDS, O’hare & Palmer.

NWS

Looking fwd to your players fighting at half time over who gets O'Hare's shirt at the end. Enjoy the day out!
I don't know who O'Hare is (Hartley's Irish cousin?) but we can use his shirt to wipe the lights of our bus before setting off down the motorway to plot our path to Wembley.🤣

We will enjoy the day out. Ipswich and Coventry City away in a season. What a lovely season it is. Shame its a Monday or it could have been another great occasion.

skyblueelephant76

I don't know who O'Hare is (Hartley's Irish cousin?) but we can use his shirt to wipe the lights of our bus before setting off down the motorway to plot our path to Wembley.🤣

We will enjoy the day out. Ipswich and Coventry City away in a season. What a lovely season it is. Shame its a Monday or it could have been another great occasion.
Good to see the lucky win at Ipswich hasn't gone to your head...

Mucca Mad Boys

All that was missing from his game, now it's there he'd slot into a lot of teams. He now has major Trossard vibes with his added goal threat
He needs to add some assists to his game too now. There are times where I feel he can be a bit selfish or can take too long making a pass. At 1-1, there was a great opportunity to put Saka through on goal but the pass attempted was to Wright with 2 defenders around him. This is nit picky from me, but at the Prem, those little details matter.

His finishing has been outstanding, that’s something that he deserves all the credit for!

I’ve accepted that he is unlikely to sign a contract.

shmmeee

He needs to add some assists to his game too now. There are times where I feel he can be a bit selfish or can take too long making a pass. At 1-1, there was a great opportunity to put Saka through on goal but the pass attempted was to Wright with 2 defenders around him. This is nit picky from me, but at the Prem, those little details matter.

His finishing has been outstanding, that’s something that he deserves all the credit for!

I’ve accepted that he is unlikely to sign a contract.

Either he takes us up or he leaves and we enjoy him trying is how I see it now. His finishing is on another level to last season, should give every player hope TBH as it’s consistently been one of his weakest areas.

Sbarcher

Thing is with cup games, I’m not surrounded by the usual. Everything that didn’t go perfectly tonight, the twat behind went “oh what was that” or “shit ffs”.
Were you near me in block 21? Load of newbies, dad, son with girlfriend and grandson. The 2 men continued to use the f and c word throughout in front of their family. Was cringing to hear, but hey - it's their family, can you imagine what they are like at home!

baldy

Were you near me in block 21? Load of newbies, dad, son with girlfriend and grandson. The 2 men continued to use the f and c word throughout in front of their family. Was cringing to hear, but hey - it's their family, can you imagine what they are like at home!

Have some of you always been this soft or just never heard swearing before? Get a grip

Reactions: NWS

slowpoke

Don’t worry it will be used at home too,

skyblue025

just got home. Glad I made the effort, a great win and performance second half.

Not so impressed with the massive queue to get in and miss the first goal. Was only 19300 odd there so don't get it. Easier to get in when sold out.

napolimp

just got home. Glad I made the effort, a great win and performance second half.

Not so impressed with the massive queue to get in and miss the first goal. Was only 19300 odd there so don't get it. Easier to get in when sold out.

Don't know which entrance you used, but I go in the family stand entrance for my ST (and today), and even though the North Stand was pretty empty it was taking much longer than usual. Most people in the queue appeared to be daytrippers, and it was taking about half a minute per person to get through turnstiles. Loads were struggling with their paper tickets and didn't appear to understand how to scan.

wingy

Don't know which entrance you used, but I go in the family stand entrance for my ST (and today), and even though the North Stand was pretty empty it was taking much longer than usual. Most people in the queue appeared to be daytrippers, and it was taking about half a minute per person to get through turnstiles. Loads were struggling with their paper tickets and didn't appear to understand how to scan.
Day tripper's contribution to the atmosphere as and by definition the crowd if there's any fault it's the stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread