Match Thread Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday [FA] Match Thread - Tuesday 6th Feb (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Let's be honest here and it will probably sound a bit disrespectful, Maidstone hit Ipswich on their only two attacks of the game - on another day Ipswich would have won that 5 or 6-1 they were just useless in front of goal and the lad in Maidstone's net had the game of his life

The team we fielded last night should get through that tie without getting out of second gear
No chance, remember it was more or less Ipswich reserves who had 38 shots to Maidstones 2. Just a freak result but fair play to them it’s why the FA Cup is the best cup competition in the world and should be left alone.

TomRad85

Diaby losing the plot and getting Kitching a 3 game ban for nothing, the racist fans in the stadium, the racist fans online, the general cuntiness on Bannan, the assault by Bernard on Allen which has caused a fucking fracture. Is it any wonder Robins can't stand these fuckers.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Astute

Don't usually see MR like this, really isn't one to seek confrontation with another club/professional like this - which shows you how poor it was if it has got him like that

Hope he gets the book thrown at him and look at all our recent games as a whole also. Racism and dangerous play together shouldn't be overlooked.

SBbucks

Day tripper's contribution to the atmosphere as and by definition the crowd if there's any fault it's the stadium.

I’m not sure what the first part means, but how is it the stadium’s fault? Using your logic, if 20,000 people were to all turn up at 19:30, you would blame the stadium?
Getting 20-30k people into any stadium smoothly relies on a significant proportion allowing plenty of time and getting there early. It’s not rocket science.
I get that there are genuine reasons why some people cannot get there 30-45 minutes before kickoff, but the penalty is that they might have to queue.

shmmeee

I’m not sure what the first part means, but how is it the stadium’s fault? Using your logic, if 20,000 people were to all turn up at 19:30, you would blame the stadium?
Getting 20-30k people into any stadium smoothly relies on a significant proportion allowing plenty of time and getting there early. It’s not rocket science.
I get that there are genuine reasons why some people cannot get there 30-45 minutes before kickoff, but the penalty is that they might have to queue.

I got there normal time and queued for four or five times as long as I usually would. Yesterday wasn’t about people arriving late TBH

ccfcricoh

I got there normal time and queued for four or five times as long as I usually would. Yesterday wasn’t about people arriving late TBH
exactly this...i've said on here before that most of the time its fans fault for arriving late... last night wasnt

There were issues with the paper tickets not getting scanned on some of the turnstiles. the stewards last night we're appalling (not the security check ones), there were loads of "supervisors" standing around watching it fall to shit around them, they opened the disabled doors so loads of people started queuing there, then they shut them again.

They need to get their finger out their arse and help, go down the queue, check people have their ticket ready, help people scan at the turnstile...its hardly rocket science.

The announcements were just a joke too, telling people to use all turnstiles when they were all rammed.

Last night it felt close to it actually kicking off and there being some trouble, club must sort it

Nick

Administrator
It's not about people turning up early. It's bullshit

Gibbo

Two questions, here is the first.

Of the four goals, would we have been unhappy to have them scored against us?

I venture Wright (unmarked free header) and Palmer (not closed down) would have made this blog a bit cross. Palmer's pass to O'Hare was exquisite but even so I suspect should not have got thro, altho O'Hare's feet were blindingly fast. O'Hare's second was just a brilliant goal even allowing for the goalkeeper's lack of length.

olderskyblue

So a question to people that were there... its seems Wright was pretty involved playing up front right? Actually got on the ball, made space for chances? As well as scoring obviously.

1st half, he was offside a few times, and when running with the ball looked like an ostrich trying to dribble with its own egg, but.. also showed some good touches. 2nd half he was much better all round I thought.

Gibbo

2nd Question

Given a hypothetical choice of Hamer, Callum, Sheaf, Torp (in say 6 months time), Allen, Eccles and Palmer, what is the ideal midfield three?

Curiously, I venture O'Hare, Hamer and Sheaf

It's going to be EMC, Sheaf and Torp

Astute

How does an accident on the M69 affect how long it takes each person to get through the turnstiles? For whatever reason, the throughput is ridiculously slow 🐌
It was quicker 50 years ago when people were paying cash.
More people turning up later than usual would have made a difference. Wasn't the main cause though.

Macca1987

The weather didn't help, but neither did the stewards just standing there with their rain wear on and not assisting any fans trying to use paper tickets etc

Calista

More people turning up later than usual would have made a difference. Wasn't the main cause though.
I'm talking about how long it seems to take each person to be cleared through the turnstiles. It doesn't matter what time it is, or whether there are 5 or 500 people in the queue.

robbiethemole

Fucking useless ref blew for the foul, but didn’t even book Bernard!
How much more foul play could it have been, deliberately injuring an opponent must be a ban

TomRad85

That does look like he knew exactly what he was doing there I think.
There's no think about it, you don't bust someone's face open from that position unless you really want to

Users who are viewing this thread