Coventry City receive more than 50 applications for manager's job (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Dal

It doesn't matter who comes
The root of all these problems is still here....

Until they go and we get new owners with ambition and investment we will be having this conversation over and over again

100% agree!! Whoever comes in I honestly can't see them getting financial support and you can't build a future team around 30-40% of loan players in the squad.

Before he even gets on the training ground his hand will be tied behind his back and blindfolds on just like Presley.

The real change needs to happen with the owners if we to get any success.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

You genuinely think he has failed everywhere he has been? Celtic yes, but he had a decent run everywhere else.

West Brom perhaps he has some success but Middlesbrough and Celtic major failure.

Middlesborough fans turned away in their droves under his guidance. I would give him a chance of course but I wouldn't hold my breath.

kg82

West Brom perhaps he has some success but Middlesbrough and Celtic major failure.

Middlesborough fans turned away in their droves under his guidance. I would give him a chance of course but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Perhaps West Brom? Got them playing great football, free scoring, took them to the PL. Don't think there's any perhaps about it.

lewys33

So you consider it a failure when he saved them from relegation (comfortably) after his appointment, and was there for 3 years?

Astute

Tony Mowbray is the new favourite

Seemed to have forgot about him. I bloody hope it isn't him. Failed everywhere he has been

Mowbray is more than enough for what we need. We would certainly find out the quality of players at our club.

pete212

Has Richard Money applied.

He wanted the job in the past. Probably wouldn't want to leave Cambridge for us.

This was obvious to me. Skme posters were like who would take this job? Here is your answer. 50 people within a day. Always going to be the case for me. Coventry city are a big club and for the lower leagues we will always attact attention.

Out of the 50 plus it's the boards job to get it right from the time wasters but the man we all want is at scunthorpe.

Trust the board to make the right decision on this one...... After all we have had enough practice. :eek:

Gazolba

What i would like to know IS what makes CCFC a big club in some peoples mind .
They have only won major trophy in their history , dont even own their ground ,no manager , no money , average gate of 7, 000, .
Not even the biggest club in the Midlands , 24 places from non - league .

We are not big now but we have the potential to be. We were in the top division for over 30 years and can attract crowds of 20,000-30,000 week in, week out given the right circumstances.

Gazolba

For an up and coming manager this would be a great job if you were confident in your ability. Imagine being the one that does eventually turn it around. We've dropped so low now that the one who does it will be held up alongside Jimmy Hill.

The big problem is that any degree of success inevitably means we will be stripped of our best players. Any lasting success or promotion hopes are impossible under this scenario.

covcity4life

As Micky Adams said:
When someone finally gets it right at Coventry it'll be special.

and he is right. it will make supporting cov through all these bad(absymal) times all worth it.

just 1 promotion..league one to championship will make up for the bad imo(in terms of my happiness not in terms of forgiving sisu or council)

i just want happines and supporting ccfc to be the same thing again.

one day

steveecov

Don't think it will be anyone close to the media. Thank heavens Sherwood's gone to villa. Whoever does eventually come needs to do some current research and realise that POSITIVE CHANGE is the only way we can ever get back to past "glories". If ever we folded we'd take that record off Wakefield.

Users who are viewing this thread