Coventry City receive more than 50 applications for manager's job (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

This was obvious to me. Skme posters were like who would take this job? Here is your answer. 50 people within a day. Always going to be the case for me. Coventry city are a big club and for the lower leagues we will always attact attention.

Out of the 50 plus it's the boards job to get it right from the time wasters but the man we all want is at scunthorpe.

Gray

The same 50 that apply for every managers job. There are a lot of unemployed football managers out there

torchomatic

Agree. Don't get all the "poisoned chalice" stuff.

This was obvious to me. Skme posters were like who would take this job? Here is your answer. 50 people within a day. Always going to be the case for me. Coventry city are a big club and for the lower leagues we will always attact attention.

Out of the 50 plus it's the boards job to get it right from the time wasters but the man we all want is at scunthorpe.

ecky

It doesn't matter who comes
The root of all these problems is still here....

Until they go and we get new owners with ambition and investment we will be having this conversation over and over again

Kingokings204

I'd love to see that list. I bet it makes for funny reading.

Yes no doubt a lot of time wasters. James Beattie I would hope is on the Timewaster list.

Good job Tim Sherwood got the villa job as im sure he would be linked with us.

Kingokings204

Agree. Don't get all the "poisoned chalice" stuff.

Yes there is no job in football that no one wants so the argument of any club being not wanted is ludicrous. People have said it about the England job for years. What are they on about? Same with Cov job same with Leeds job? Always people who will want the job.

Nick

Administrator
Yes there is no job in football that no one wants so the argument of any club being not wanted is ludicrous. People have said it about the England job for years. What are they on about? Same with Cov job same with Leeds job? Always people who will want the job.
Agreed, said it all along when people throw the nobody would come here line.

Astute

It is a big chance for someone to make a name for themself. MR was on the way for it but left halfway through the first part. But if manager and SISU work together all could end up well.

Good results and the gates go up. Get promoted gates go up again. This gives lots of extra income. Invest half of this on bringing in decent players. Chance of promotion again. Manager would be wanted by many clubs.

Fail and blame it on SISU.

Chipfat

We have heard this all before,, the club will not change, as the decision makers are still taking this club back in time faster than speeding train.. SW has no idea about players, hiring managers or contracts, he is another man who should of left with SP. I believe he is not wanted at the club by the majority of fans and should be judged on his performance as much as SP was judged on his results...In the end he and TF are dangerous, clueless and very harmful to any football club, they have made far too many poor decisions to be taken seriously by anyone with half a brain...

Astute

If you don't get it you must have been in a coma for 8 years. Pressley could enlighten you I imagine.
On what basis are we a big club? Don't see it. Past counts for nothing

We may not be a big club. But we are bigger than clubs that get into the Prem. If those clubs were down where we are now what would their gates be? If and when we get back up there what would our gates be?

Kingokings204

If you don't get it you must have been in a coma for 8 years. Pressley could enlighten you I imagine.
On what basis are we a big club? Don't see it. Past counts for nothing

We are not a big club per se. The point was Coventry city in league 1 will always attract a list of players and managers in this case due to the stadium and our history.

So yes while I agree we are not a big club we will always attract a number of people interested in us whatever the role.

hill83

Agreed, said it all along when people throw the nobody would come here line.

It's just people who are incapable of thinking.

It's nothing to do with being a 'big club' though. Every league club will have loads of applications. There are a shit ton of unemployed managers who want a wage. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

i applied in 2007 after adams got sacked, to be fair they were nice enough to write back congratulating me on my 10 seasons with chelsea on FM and my trophy collection but i didnt meet the criteria to manage Coventry city due to a lack of a uefa B coaching badge (i think that was what it was anyway lmao) what really pisses me off is Andy Thorn didnt have one a few years later when they hired him :censored:

hill83

i applied in 2007 after adams got sacked, to be fair they were nice enough to write back congratulating me on my 10 seasons with chelsea on FM and my trophy collection but i didnt meet the criteria to manage Coventry city due to a lack of a uefa B coaching badge (i think that was what it was anyway lmao) what really pisses me off is Andy Thorn didnt have one a few years later when they hired him :censored:

That FM joke belongs in 2007.

stupot07

It's just people who are incapable of thinking.

It's nothing to do with being a 'big club' though. Every league club will have loads of applications. There are a shit ton of unemployed managers who want a wage. It's as simple as that.

Yep, there only 92 football league managers jobs, so when one becomes available there will always be a lot of interest.

Any prospective manager would relish coming here - they know the fans hate the owners, so will get a relatively free ride. Even now there are some refusing to blame Pressley for the position we're in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Chipfat

People will always apply for any management position in football,, so a nobody comment would be used by most as quality point of view more than quantity, well for me anyway... People like Megson, Mowbray, Davis, Hockaday and Di canio will be in there as will people like Whelan, Bobby G and the 8 year old fan, not many of the 50-60 will even be considered... Also remember most have agents that will be placing application for clients as well...

So always interest no matter situation of the club , but how many top level managers would consider the job after an interview could be a questoion...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread