Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Reminds me a bit of the Luton horrors we used to have - Preston got at us early and it seems to have shaken us for the entire game.
We are back to how the 21/22 season unraveled, giving away alarmingly poor goals with regularity and conceding first more often than not.

You say they got at us but every goal was just soft. They didn’t need to break sweat. I will be honest what sealed it for me was being that close to seeing Sakamoto in agony on the floor. Referee of course couldn’t give a fuck.

Astute

Well Preston press from the off, took us by surprise and had a bit of luck and before you know it we are 3 nil down. The team looked like they haven't played together all season. A mare of a night, and work to do for Robin's.
Surprise? Should have been expected.

We need to beat WBA next game or our season is more or less over.

pusbccfc

The result is one thing but losing a player like Sakamoto and the mental toll the reaction from the fans is worse. Some in that side will crumble.

Merseyskyblue

I think it’s pretty obvious that we haven’t got the squad depth to go the distance. If Sakamoto’s injury is as serious as it looked then it’s season over for me. We just cant rely on palmer to consistently deliver enough quality

Astute

The only good thing that can come out of this game is that Torp is back. Other than that anything that could go wrong did go wrong.

curly_tom

It was poor from the beginning. I wonder how different it might have been had it not been for the early goal. The gameplan changes and we are stretched straight away. Nobody played well tonight really. Simms and Milan probably the most promising. These games happen sometimes to every team. To go on about individuals and say how shit we are and that the season is over seems stupid though. We always lose against these and it wasn't a huge shock. We probably won't go up this season but not because of tonight.

Alkhen

The usual voices on here losing their tiny minds when we have a bad game. Do they ever learn? Same reactive bullshit. We have been on a great run for months one loss doesn't signal the end of the world.

We have had similarly shite results before and bounced back.

My mind boggles at how people still don't trust the manager or players

mark82

Pathetic performance from start to finish. There just seemed to be a lack of effort. Did any of them even care? Liam Kelly man of the match.

stupot07

Well Preston press from the off, took us by surprise and had a bit of luck and before you know it we are 3 nil down. The team looked like they haven't played together all season. A mare of a night, and work to do for Robin's.
Why would a press take us by surprise? And Preston didn't have a bit of luck. We were shite from the off.,

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I think it’s pretty obvious that we haven’t got the squad depth to go the distance. If Sakamoto’s injury is as serious as it looked then it’s season over for me. We just cant rely on palmer to consistently deliver enough quality
Ever, not consistently

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread