Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (5 Viewers)

Sick Boy

Time to start preparing for next season, I guess.

Cov98

Had no option but to play Lati. Dasilva can’t defend. Games catching up with us.
Could've started Kelly and swapped him out for Torp at 55 or 60th odd minute. Lati can do a job in midfield when we're defending a lead but he can't play a full game in midfield when we're trying to go forward.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Josh Eccles is poor - why is he persisting on set pieces, and why can’t he read the game?

I can’t see at the minute us scoring three goals, we are pressing but I don’t see the final ball / cutting edge in the forwards - it’s looking a bit more like we were against Cardiff / Rotherham etc at the start of the season rather than during the purple patch

also, I don’t think it was entirely JDS’ fault as he couldn’t adjust his feet in time after turning the attacker, it was unfortunate rather than anything else, and to blame Wilson is ridiculous, he couldn’t do anything else but rush out and try to block..

all in all, and we all know this anyway, our squad strength / depth is poor, we don’t have any back up in most areas and I think that will be our downfall this season - not recruiting when we needed to…a couple of players out and we’re fucked

I thought this game was pivotal, and hopefully we can get something out of it, but I fear if not we will fall out the picture fairly swiftly

Otis

I know it seems bad, but it's not even halftime yet.

Not over. Obviously things need to change though and defeat tonight does NOT mean season over.

Still so many games left to play. We can't keep losing players to injuries though. That IS killing us.

Users who are viewing this thread