Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

We don’t need to spend millions on every player. First team AM, LB and GK maybe. We have about 6 first teamers likely leaving to wages should be OK.

mmttww

We don’t need to spend millions on every player. First team AM, LB and GK maybe. We have about 6 first teamers likely leaving to wages should be OK.

Da Silva and Latibeaudiere show we can get players good enough for the squad for free.

I'd be happy if we dropped money on O'Hare's replacement and others were free and a loan or two.

Last edited:

Hutch11

Nothing that would have bothered the Overdraft put it that way

Apparently Doug is very anti loan because 'why should we pay for someone elses player'. Things like that are when he needs to realise hes running a football club now not his other, admittedly very successful business
I quite like that attitude though and I much prefer our current model of buy young and put them on 4 Yr deals

curly_tom

Torp looked pretty smiley after the game on Saturday (on City unseen) so I reckon he can't be too injured

Skyblueweeman

We've played poorly the last 3 games and taken 7 points. That's a positive.

Hopefully, a good weeks prep this week and a decent atmosphere under the lights on Friday night, we get another 3 points.

If we want to keep 6th spot (or get 5th), we need to be winning this one so we put pressure on the teams playing Saturday, to keep up with us. Win Friday and some drop points on Saturday, it'll be a massive bonus.

TomRad85

Only seen us beat PNE once live, that 4-1 battering at HR under Eric Black. Crazy how bad a record we have against them
I've seen that and I believe I saw another 4-1 win in the cup when we were in the Prem.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

PVA

Eccles and Lati then with Kelly to come on for half an hour.

Those two weren't exactly fluent against Bristol City. But at least they'll have the chance to train together for a bit this week to work on it.

pusbccfc

The JPT game against Preston is still one of the best ever at the ground.

Ashdown

The Prem is another world….the current league table doesn’t speak very highly of the Championship. We are a long way off competing at the moment. Let’s enjoy what we have, a quality brand of football in a division where we can enjoy some success.
Concerned about the news that Torp could be out too. It will be tough on Friday.
Let’s hope we have enough fit and well players to put Maidstone out and look forward to a Quarter Final.

robbiekeane

Going on stats on here last week there’s about £40million in our transfer war chest if you count any fee from a Gorkeres transfer and in what I believe will be a very different transfer window this summer.
Ready to show your workings on the £40m or still nah?

blunted

It's amazing how this sort of speculation can grow arms and legs. One person suggested Robins was grumpy in a post match interview and it's snowballed into all sorts of guesswork and questionable assertions that MR has had his operational wings clipped by King!

Not really helpful speculation.
Think you will find that MR said King had taken over the recruitment side of things. MR expresses his opinion but King and the recruitment team make the decisions. Not speculation when MR has said it as fact.

mmttww

Collins
MvE
Thomas
Kitching
Da Silva
Latibeaudiere
Eccles
O'Hare
Sakamoto
Simms
Wright

Assuming Torp is out, otherwise it's him and Eccles in the middle.

Stats suggest PNE try to keep it tight away from home so need to get at them.

SkyblueTexan

Torp looked ok on the Unseen video and Robins had a cheeky mic drop as well. Hope it's nothing to worry about and he can play some part on Fri. Saka should hopefully be available as will COH, Palmer, Eccles, Lati, and Kelly (if needed). Hopefully we can divide the minutes among them and hold the fort.

AOM

Assuming Torp is injured, would probably go with

Collins
Van Ewijk - Thomas - Binks - Bidwell
Eccles - Latibeaudiere
Sakamoto - O'Hare - Wright
Simms

Then potentially bring in Wilson, Godden, Palmer, Tavares and Dasilva for Maidstone

Users who are viewing this thread