Coventry City Podcast (1 Viewer)

KG7

I can never get into Podcasts, when do people usually listen to them?

I'm not usually in the car for that long.

On the train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KG7

Not bad but too blokey for my taste ... Like a pub discussion. Has a woman ever been on it? Doubt it and that makes it stale for me

Too blokey? What do you mean? That they're blokes? They're intelligent erudite men, more into geek culture than lad culture by the sound of it

Nick

Administrator
I can only think of in the car and at the gym, I can't see it beating a Workout mix to get me raging at the gym :(

I don't get the train or anything like that :(

CJ_covblaze

I can never get into Podcasts, when do people usually listen to them?

I'm not usually in the car for that long.

I listen to each episode of the Two Mikes, Hawksby and Jacobs, NLS, Football Ramble, 606 and Football weekly throughout the week. Do so when I'm sat in my office, out and about, cooking, shower!

NiiLampteyShowJoey

Thanks for all the comments. All fair.

Re sound quality, the whole thing is done on Skype. Me and Knowl live on opposite sides of Manchester and Neil and Dominic are in the midlands so can't get together to do it. Takes me a while to get it sounding like it does but I do wish it sounded a bit better. I accept that we can do something about Dominic's section.

To the person so who mentioned swearing, soz - I think none of us mean to, it just slips out but we'll try and watch ourselves.

Re being too blokey, we have had Katy Fancourt on but that was a while ago and she was talking about the Ladies team. We try and get guests on who people will know of because of them having written a popular blog, or been involved in fans groups or whatever but sometimes it's just people we know who've got something to say. I'd love our contributors to have more diversity and it's something we've talked about but we'll let it happen naturally.

Re just being too blokey, the other thing we're accused of frequently is being 'too gay' (see posts on here from 2012ish) so that comment made me smile.

Re games/quizzes - we want to bring this back but we're lazy and lack creativity. If you've got any ideas email them to [email protected] - we'll pass them off as our own ideas as we do with everything else.

Huge thanks to those of you who listen and/or have said nice things. Assuming anybody gives a monkeys to listen to you talk nonsense about Cov was and is a strange impulse but one we're glad we pursued.

PUSB

shmmeee

Listening to it for the first time now.

Please never have that Lonely Season guy in again. Love the blog but my god he’s got a punchable voice. Just comes off as a wanky twat trying too hard to be clever.

All a bit down and negative generally, just slagging everyone off. I’ll give it another go, but not for me based off first listen.

fernandopartridge

Please never have that Lonely Season guy in again. Love the blog but my god he’s got a punchable voice. Just comes off as a wanky twat trying too hard to be clever.

The blog is the same. The most recent edition is dreadful. Sounds like a pompous twat.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yorkshire SB

All a bit down and negative generally, just slagging everyone off. I’ll give it another go, but not for me based off first listen.

Is he a wanky twat because he has a good vocabulary and probably isn't from Coventry? We should drown him, if he survives we know he's a wanky twat but if he dies then we'll know he wasn't

Esoterica

I just listened to the tottaly football podcast with james richardson. Thats great

I will do a ccfc podcast if you all pay me
I'm not sure 30 minutes of gentle sobbing while staring at your framed Tony Mowbray picture is going to come over too well via podcast!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Podcast is great, it's always about opinion and that's the point of listening. Same with the phone in's etc. It always amazes me that we all watch the same game but end up with completely different opinions.

Perhaps you could contact Jim Brown who could provide you with a trivia question each week about the upcoming opposition and players linked, previous games played etc Ask at the start and we have the time taken of the podcast to answer before you close with the answers.
It's pretty much new opposition this year so it could work.

Keep up the great work guys, as for the negativity, we are from Coventry, no top 6 finish in 47 years, that's the reality, or maybe a sense of realism that it's just 2 games and maybe after 25 more like the first 2, we may believe again.

87mint

He depresses me. I commented on another thread last week that I use the +15 second button whenever I hear that sharp inhalation of breath before he launches into a monologue of negativity.

It's a shame because the others offer genuine insight, humour and a balanced perspective but he really does spoil it. I do wonder why he bothers following Coventry as he seems to take no enjoyment from it at all - even when we win.
He's pretty jokes as well though

87mint

Unfortunately Shmee you're not the first or, I imagine, the last person to say that to me. My 'wanky' tones are a curse and my cross to bear. I'll try to be less punchable next time. Thanks for listening though!

87mint

The blog is the same. The most recent edition is dreadful. Sounds like a pompous twat.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In fairness, just trying to provide something different to the very humdrum football writing that you can find any old place. Not saying mine is better, it's just a different option. But also aware that it's thoroughly marmite – so always expecting to get some criticism, which is perfectly fair enough.

mark82

Thanks for all the comments. All fair.

Re sound quality, the whole thing is done on Skype. Me and Knowl live on opposite sides of Manchester and Neil and Dominic are in the midlands so can't get together to do it. Takes me a while to get it sounding like it does but I do wish it sounded a bit better. I accept that we can do something about Dominic's section.

To the person so who mentioned swearing, soz - I think none of us mean to, it just slips out but we'll try and watch ourselves.

Re being too blokey, we have had Katy Fancourt on but that was a while ago and she was talking about the Ladies team. We try and get guests on who people will know of because of them having written a popular blog, or been involved in fans groups or whatever but sometimes it's just people we know who've got something to say. I'd love our contributors to have more diversity and it's something we've talked about but we'll let it happen naturally.

Re just being too blokey, the other thing we're accused of frequently is being 'too gay' (see posts on here from 2012ish) so that comment made me smile.

Re games/quizzes - we want to bring this back but we're lazy and lack creativity. If you've got any ideas email them to [email protected] - we'll pass them off as our own ideas as we do with everything else.

Huge thanks to those of you who listen and/or have said nice things. Assuming anybody gives a monkeys to listen to you talk nonsense about Cov was and is a strange impulse but one we're glad we pursued.

PUSB

The swearing thing wasn't a criticism as such, just limits the times at which I can listen to it.

fernandopartridge

In fairness, just trying to provide something different to the very humdrum football writing that you can find any old place. Not saying mine is better, it's just a different option. But also aware that it's thoroughly marmite – so always expecting to get some criticism, which is perfectly fair enough.

I was perhaps a bit unfair, I have enjoyed your blog in the past but didn't this week.

87mint

I don't agree with everything he says about the games but I enjoy reading his reports. I think they are much more entertaining than a typical fact filled account of a game that tells you who shot over the bar in the 25th minute.

Yep that's what I'm trying to avoid. They are helpful too, but I'm just not that fussed.

The Penguin

Big fan of the pod myself - when you live so far away and it's impossible to find anything English football-related (that's produced locally, anyway) that isn't wanking itself silly over the same five fecking Premier League clubs, having a pod about your own team is a bloody godsend for keeping up with what's going on. Never really had any basis to disagree with what's said since I wouldn't ever get to watch...though now thanks to iFollow that's probably gonna change!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yep that's what I'm trying to avoid. They are helpful too, but I'm just not that fussed.

Keep up the good work Laurie, you could tell us who tied their laces up after 21 minutes, rush your report up so you're first at 17:11 oh and it'd get you a blue tick on twitter!

Best CCFC match report out there imo

KG7

Big fan of the pod myself - when you live so far away and it's impossible to find anything English football-related (that's produced locally, anyway) that isn't wanking itself silly over the same five fecking Premier League clubs, having a pod about your own team is a bloody godsend for keeping up with what's going on. Never really had any basis to disagree with what's said since I wouldn't ever get to watch...though now thanks to iFollow that's probably gonna change!

Did you live in the Arctic or the Antarctic?

Users who are viewing this thread