Coventry City offer new contracts to King, Westwood and Gunnarsson (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

They Obviously want a party atmosphere on sat lets hope they haven't left it too late

ajsccfc

I'd be unsurprised if none sign, happy with one, delighted with two, eating my hat with three.

Jimthor

What an exciting half hour this has been!
I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Westy won't be signing no matter what the terms, but i'm hoping we've offered King enough for him to sign.

CovScott88

DELIGHTED!!! Thorny's got the job and hopefully now Gunnar, Kingy and Westy will stay. Not holding my breath, but who knows. Maybe Thorny and H have convenced them with how we have played over the past month or so.

PUSB!!

SISU........better late than never.

They've made a habbit of this. Remember we only had half our before administration when they saved us.

JCR1987

At least we've made the offer. I'm betting they're not brilliant contracts, but if Leeds or Incester are the best the likes of Westwood and Gunnarson can achieve, then it might just plant the thought in their tiny minds that this season at City may be the platform they need to push them into the premiership shop window - especially with guaranteed 1st team starting places. They can always jump ship in January if it's not working out.

CovFan

All I'd say to Westwood and King is that there is a chance that they may suffer long term injuries during the close season and if they don't have a club they might find it difficult to support their respective families.

Rocket23

things seem a little brighter this afternoon. as soon as one of them puts pen to paper I will be extatic
Will have 2 wait and c not holding my breath but would b nice if king signs but is it publicity trying 2 sell more tickets for reading while there cheap

ashbyjan

Lots of excitement about contracts being offered - take this as an indication of just how desperate for good news we all are. Contract offered is one thing - contract signed is another altogether - all depends how derisory they are and how quickly they will be rejected by the insulted players. Hope I'm wrong but don't trust these knobheads one inch. I will get excited when King and Westwood actually sign, can't see it in either case but would be great if one or better both stayed. Great for the board to say we have offered new contracts but if they are crap offers just to appease long suffering fans into believing they are actually doing something then its just more smoke and mirrors from these jokers. I am sure they will obviously be portrayed to be the best terms ever offered by the club in the history of football but these nasty greedy players are holding us to ransom and for the good of the club this magnificent board won't stand for it.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Aslong as King sign's I'll be very happy. :) Westwood & Gunner will be a bonus but I think they want to leave.

My thoughts exactly La La La, some great news coming out of the club at least for once :)

:blue:

Do you think this is to encourage potential buyers? A club with star players is better than a club. TBH I don't care for Gunner too much. He's not ben his usual self this season. If he stays lets see if he can perform better under Thorny.

King is the only one I'm desperate for.

Just to note what about all the other players who are out of contract? If westy doesn't sign we have no keeper.

ashbyjan

I admit I am very cynical where this bunch are concerned, just as I was under the triumvirate of crapulence but if we actually look at what has generated all the excitement it isn't that great - AT has verbally agreed to the terms of a contract - hasn't actually signed one and who knows what might change between a verbal agreement and it appearing on paper and secondly the club have made some kind of offer to three players, they haven't agreed to these offered terms or signed them or anything. I hope I am wrong and AT signs a contract as do Westy and especially Marlon, if all three do then I will be one very happy brand investor and happy to admit I was wrong.

CovScott88

Do you think this is to encourage potential buyers? A club with star players is better than a club. TBH I don't care for Gunner too much. He's not ben his usual self this season. If he stays lets see if he can perform better under Thorny.

King is the only one I'm desperate for.

Just to note what about all the other players who are out of contract? If westy doesn't sign we have no keeper.

Am I right in saying the others are O'Halloran, Carsley, Osbourne, McIndoe, Ireland, Quirke and Jeffers?

Am I right in saying the others are O'Halloran, Carsley, Osbourne, McIndoe, Ireland, Quirke and Jeffers?

Keiren Westwood, Danny Ireland, Michael Quirke, Stephen O'Halloran, Isaac Osborne, Aaron Einar Gunnarsson, Michael McIndoe, Lee Carsley, Shaun Jeffers, Callum Wilson and Marlon King

Last edited:

skyblu3sk

I admit I am very cynical where this bunch are concerned, just as I was under the triumvirate of crapulence but if we actually look at what has generated all the excitement it isn't that great - AT has verbally agreed to the terms of a contract - hasn't actually signed one and who knows what might change between a verbal agreement and it appearing on paper and secondly the club have made some kind of offer to three players, they haven't agreed to these offered terms or signed them or anything. I hope I am wrong and AT signs a contract as do Westy and especially Marlon, if all three do then I will be one very happy brand investor and happy to admit I was wrong.

I think people are seeing it as a step in the right direction which it is.

C

Clive Plattini

Very pleased with these positive steps. Glad to see the fans were listened to and they appointed Thorn.

Not holding my breath with the contracts as I think it will be too late. Unless, investment has been found and these are very impressive contracts on offer. We can always dream.

PUSP.

ashbyjan

It is a positive step and I am pleased about it but have witnessed too many false dawns, half truths and down right lies where this board and previous custodians are concerned to be tearing down my Wills and Kate bunting and hoisting up my SISU flags just yet. Once AT, Westy, Marlon and Gunnar all sign then I will be overjoyed - to be honest I will be ecstatic if only AT and Marlon sign as that would be beyond my expectations. But to be fair I never expected Marlon to sign in the first place and was pleased when he did so being wrong would be nothing new.

Macca

Lets see how we line up in August, I'm Mr Cautious when it comes to CCFC, positive steps so far

skyblu3sk

Good to be cautious just don't like it when people move the goalposts already seen a few people move from sign thorn and i will be happy to sign all the other players that are out of contract, then I will be happy. knowing what some city fans are like it will end with us signing messi

ajsccfc

I don't think anyone's booking their promotion party for next May just yet or heralding a brave new dawn, it's just encouraging news that's nice to hear.

Pigeon

New manager.
Four day weekend.
And three signatures from King, Westwood and Gunnarson.
...Perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread