Match Thread Coventry City - Millwall FC Match Thread - Sunday 11th Feb (1 Viewer)

SkyblueTexan

Got to beat these. Play strongest available side and go for the jugular. Simms better score.

slowpoke

My first ever game. Milwall 1962 fa cup replay. Won 2-1 ,settle for that Sunday.
I went to the first game at Millwall 0-0 no hooliganlsm in those days but Millwall did have a bit of a reputation even then for a pitch invasion I think, they had had a one match ground closure, something that went over your head as 10 year old.
Start of the JH period and second round of our cup run to the quarter-finals, there was a good few thousand Cov there filling the stand I was in end to end and the terrace in front no trouble but for those times i remember there were a good few coppers there and loads of jellied eel stalls (yuk) and hot chestnut (yummy) sellers outside.

Last edited:

alexccfc99

My first ever game. Milwall 1962 fa cup replay. Won 2-1 ,settle for that Sunday.
I was mascot against Millwall in the cup in 2008 so playing them at home is a game that always holds happy memories - Walked out with Stephen Hughes who went on to score a free kick in that game

Richard Shaw was on the coaching staff for them and was an absolute gentleman

Sky Blue Harry H

If this weather keeps up, play anyone with webbed feet, and recall Duckens Nazon (or whatever his name was)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why? We've scored loads more this season without anyone hitting double figures yet. He needs to improve but we're doing fine with him in the side.
His shortcomings are being masked by the fact that other players are chipping in. He's being carried . While Wright has come on notably in the last few months Simms has still to prove himself. He's not regularly in the team for a reason.

Torquay Sky Blue

Had a drink with some Millwall fans on a few occasions. Nicest blokes you could ever meet but on match day they turn into psychopaths. Very strange behaviour

mmttww

His shortcomings are being masked by the fact that other players are chipping in. He's being carried . While Wright has come on notably in the last few months Simms has still to prove himself. He's not regularly in the team for a reason.

Don't disagree too much with that although I think he's making more of a contribution than a lot of people will give him credit for.

My issue is with saying he'd "better score" . Feels like a symptom of the problematic attitude people are showing towards him. Don't get it.

Hertsccfc

He is regularly in the team. He has played in every single match, yes all 34 of them. No other player has. I find it bizarre because if anyone has needed time out of the side it has been Simms.

Boicey

He is regularly in the team. He has played in every single match, yes all 34 of them. No other player has. I find it bizarre because if anyone has needed time out of the side it has been Simms.
Another weird take. Congratulations!

alexccfc99

Their forum has more racist comments than it does comments on the football. Their reputation is well earned.
Not seen it - I try to judge a fanbase off people at the game not online

Sheffield Wednesday just happened to be nobheads online and in person

Great_Expectations

Tats will play, we will be full strength for this minus injuries and Kitching

Plymouth away expect to see people rested

Great thing about this is I don’t actually know what full strength is for Saturday - shows the strength of the squad and options we have.

Does that mean Simms/Godden in for <someone>? Same as Tuesday offensively but Collins/Thomas in? What about DaSilva v Bidwell (as the former was excellent on Tuesday)?

They are rhetorical btw - not expecting answers. It’s just a real positive that we have choices now and aren’t predictable for the opposition.

Mucca Mad Boys

Great thing about this is I don’t actually know what full strength is for Saturday - shows the strength of the squad and options we have.

Does that mean Simms/Godden in for <someone>? Same as Tuesday offensively but Collins/Thomas in? What about DaSilva v Bidwell (as the former was excellent on Tuesday)?

They are rhetorical btw - not expecting answers. It’s just a real positive that we have choices now and aren’t predictable for the opposition.
The players who played well on Tuesday deserve the starting berth.
Bidwell needs a rest imo so makes sense to start JDS after a good performance on Tues.

Collins
MVE
Thomas
Binks - edited as Kitching is banned
JDS
Eccles
Torp
Sakamoto
COH
Palmer
Wright

Last edited:

shmmeee

Bidwell needs a rest imo so makes sense to start JDS after a good performance on Tues.

Collins
MVE
Thomas
Kitching
JDS
Eccles
Torp
Sakamoto
COH
Palmer
Wright

Isn’t Kitching still banned? I’m losing track of games and when they happened right now. Personally I think even if he’s not Binks deserves a start and after a second red of the season you shouldn’t walk straight back in.

JSL

Collins
MVE
Thomas
Kitching
JDS
Eccles
Torp
Sakamoto
COH
Palmer
Wright
Kitching is banned still so I expect Binks will come in place of him. Whether Thomas displaces Lats is the main question as he was captain the other night and may continue in the role in the absence of Sheaf / Kitching?

slowpoke

Kitching is banned still so I expect Binks will come in place of him. Whether Thomas displaces Lats is the main question as he was captain the other night and may continue in the role in the absence of Sheaf / Kitching?
If Thomas is fit I think he will play and Joel might play midfield with Torp & Eccles, but being sub with 4 regulars out, I’m including MacFadz in that makes sense to me as JL can cover a number of positions.

Mucca Mad Boys

Isn’t Kitching still banned? I’m losing track of games and when they happened right now. Personally I think even if he’s not Binks deserves a start and after a second red of the season you shouldn’t walk straight back in.
Yes, you are right! That was an oversight on my part!

Mucca Mad Boys

Thomas comes back in for sure and if possible, I’d look to rest MVE (and Saka) at some point.

PVA

If Thomas is fit I think he will play and Joel might play midfield with Torp & Eccles, but being sub with 4 regulars out, I’m including MacFadz in that makes sense to me as JL can cover a number of positions.

That's not going to work as we don't play 3 CMs, we play with a 10. Unless you're advocating a change of system.

I think Thomas will come in and Lati will be benched.

Gibbo

After Bristol, If Lati plays in midfield I will be very disappointed. But sadly I expect he will. I would have Vik, Josh and Callum myself

It is commonly being said that Saka needs a rest. I just wonder if teams have done their homework in advance and have worked out what he does. What we are actually seeing is a lack of effectiveness. The opposition are under instructions to get him to cut in and as high up the pitch as possible. They are not stupid. This is now a measure of just how good a long term asset Saka is.

mmttww

if Lati plays in midfield I will be very disappointed. But sadly I expect he will.

Why do you expect that? Torp and Eccles are fit. It's an important league game at home. Lati came on for Sheaf as it was early in a game, then Torp started instead in games afterwards. Lesson was learned.

Gibbo

He played Lati, Eccles and O'Hare against Bristol. Not trusting his fitness he brought Torp on later. Playing Lati totally in line with MR's 'safety first' approach. Hope to be proved overly gloomy

JSL

I don't see Lati as a midfielder as his best position. I know he plays there for Jamaica but he's looked shaky when he's done that for us and I think that's why MR has been reluctant to play him there.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Who deals with Norton Cuffey better? JDS or Bidwell.

The calls to play JDS seem a bit premature to me. As a fanbase we get very carried away if a player has one good game, or one bad game. He has been really poor this season and whilst he did play well against SW, I wouldn't be in a rush to play him if Bidwell is fit.

That being said, I don't feel Norton-Cuffy is really any kind of threat whatsoever. He'll probably score now though!

Reactions: JSL

Users who are viewing this thread