Match Thread Coventry City - Millwall FC Match Thread - Sunday 11th Feb (5 Viewers)

slowpoke

Where are turnstiles 42-45, we have opted for the West Stand tomorrow for a change. Are they through the Atrium or at the corner with the North stand 🤷‍♂️
I imagine the queues are quieter there ?
First turnstiles you come to after the JH statue, there is a door for special needs for wheel chairs walking sticks etc. and a pay on the day door. Can start bunching up the last 30 minutes like any though.

Last edited:

mmttww

Block 26 hasn't been opened for match tickets - kept for half season tickets - hard to know how many will be in it. Block 4 open. Just leaves Block 5 after that. Doubt it'll get to Block 13 this time.

slowpoke

Being live on Sky will deter some walk-ups but I reckon we will get around 25k home tomorrow depending on weather.

Grendel

Where are turnstiles 42-45, we have opted for the West Stand tomorrow for a change. Are they through the Atrium or at the corner with the North stand 🤷‍♂️
I imagine the queues are quieter there ?

They are a nightmare - took 20 minutes on Monday and Leicester game was carnage

pusbccfc

Club expecting 25,000

Leaves very few, if any general sale seats available.

Must be the 5th game this season where we have thousands of empty seats in the away unsold to home fans.

Club have said they are working on it but they need to find a way of sorting it this season. Maintain current play off push and games against Preston, Hull and Cardiff will be similar. Big home crowds and small away followings.

We can't keep throwing £££

pusbccfc

Being live on Sky will deter some walk-ups but I reckon we will get around 25k home tomorrow depending on weather.

There won't be many left for walk ups. There are only 25,000 general admission seats. Millwall have sold 700 apparently

Sky Blue Pete

Leaves very few, if any general sale seats available.

Must be the 5th game this season where we have thousands of empty seats in the away unsold to home fans.

Club have said they are working on it but they need to find a way of sorting it this season. Maintain current play off push and games against Preston, Hull and Cardiff will be similar. Big home crowds and small away followings.

We can't keep throwing £££
Very difficult to make significant changes during the season and club have said as such

mmttww

Yeah, if we're in or just off 6th and playing well they'll need to find a way to make blocks 4-5 and block 13 open for the rest of the home games.

Like someone called out, there's already more sold for games in March / April than we had most of last season. New COO needs to get on it!

slowpoke

I’ve read their reasons for the debacle v Sheffield but apart from those reasons the searching causes most delay, it slows everything up often just one doing it.
Go to other grounds they have four or five at the turnstiles.

mmttww

Very difficult to make significant changes during the season and club have said as such

Yeah, realistic best case is just put blocks 4-5, block 27 and block 13 on sale for the rest of the season if we win tmrw.

Let people get on the bandwagon and you can plan your staffing etc. in advance instead of a few days out. Easy!

pusbccfc

For games like this and the ones mentioned above, surely they can use the layout from the play offs?

Those clubs won't need more than the 2000 Boro had and are lower risk games?

pusbccfc

That all?

I was seemingly wrong to call them flat cap wearing fannies, they are flat cap wearing part time fannies.

They have the 3rd lowest average away following currently.

They get decent crowds at home but clearly only travel to the odd games. If it was a Saturday 3pm, they may have sold 2000.

slowpoke

Yeah, if we're in or just off 6th and playing well they'll need to find a way to make blocks 4-5 and block 13 open for the rest of the home games.

Like someone called out, there's already more sold for games in March / April than we had most of last season. New COO needs to get on it!
Well that’s rubbish away tickets get sold by the eve of a game, no pay on the day for away sit them nearer the West stand and I bet there’s a block and a half empty watch PL games and a row about four seats wide between fans well stewarded is suffice. Deal with any idiots home or away and the message will soon get home.
There’s always plenty of cops at that end.

SBT

They have the 3rd lowest average away following currently.

They get decent crowds at home but clearly only travel to the odd games. If it was a Saturday 3pm, they may have sold 2000.
They’ve sold 817 for tomorrow and their fans seem to think that’s a decent number.

I swear they used to have some kind of convoluted membership scheme that limited who could buy away tickets but either way that’s a dreadful following.

Grendel

They’ve sold 817 for tomorrow and their fans seem to think that’s a decent number.

I swear they used to have some kind of convoluted membership scheme that limited who could buy away tickets but either way that’s a dreadful following.

They have always had poor away following whenever we’ve played them

Gynnsthetonic

They have always had poor away following whenever we’ve played them
They bought a couple of thousand up when Mowbray was in charge, we won 2-0, it was some sort of occasion/anniversary which is why for them it was a lot otherwise yes poor away support

TomRad85

Our first season down at this level they brought absolutely loads. Police everywhere including helicopters.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Millwall forum is an excellent read.

Not one mention of football, just their running battles with Coventry over the years
The only mention of Football was last night’s game between Sheff Wednesday v Blues.

Saddlebrains

Yeah, realistic best case is just put blocks 4-5, block 27 and block 13 on sale for the rest of the season if we win tmrw.

Let people get on the bandwagon and you can plan your staffing etc. in advance instead of a few days out. Easy!

They wont do that, because that means using common sense and simple Tynan would have to do some work

Sky Blue Pete

Is it? The infrastructure is in place and it was used in the play offs last season.

If needs be we can move the away fans for now into the other side of the away stand and go with the Boro play off configuration. We only have to give away fans 2000 tickets.
I’m sure you’re right they are just doing what they’re doing to lose money and piss the fans off

Users who are viewing this thread