Coventry City managing director says it's 'difficult' not to feel club being forced out of Academy (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

They'll be folks here that know the real story behind the scenes; but given that SISU don't have a good history of being good or committed tenants at the Higgs Centre (or another particular sports ground, come to that), then it's still SISU fooking the club over, nobody else.

Grendel

They'll be folks here that know the real story behind the scenes; but given that SISU don't have a good history of being good or committed tenants at the Higgs Centre (or another particular sports ground, come to that), then it's still SISU fooking the club over, nobody else.

So wasps have a history of stability and being good tenants have they?

Excactly should force SISU out and get a rich Dubai owners just like all successfully clubs

RegTheDonk

If memory serves, was the club/SISU behind with their rent, or some kind of payment? I seem to think it was, in the scale of things, a pitiful amount?

Sky Blue Kid

If memory serves, was the club/SISU behind with their rent, or some kind of payment? I seem to think it was, in the scale of things, a pitiful amount?
12k at the "Higgs Centre" for repair of equiptment, and a little more at the Ricoh, ermmm £1.3m. rent. IIRC
PS... Wasn't there also a dispute with SISU and 500k in the escrow?

shelby76

Mr Armstrong Says "This was the end of quite a long search process. We actually looked at 17 different sites, not only in Coventry itself but across Warwickshire and in some of the areas close to Coventry." he is a liar day he cut deal for richo this was on the cards as well! He was just wondering how long they could wait before they could announce it taking the piss! And getting away with it.

chiefdave

AHC wanted £12K for repairs to maintenance equipment saying it was CCFCs responsibility. CCFC said it was there responsibility to do the maintenance but AHC had to supply the equipment.

How we got into all these contracts where we paid rent but also had to maintain facilities for someone else to make money off is beyond me.

Didn't someone (the academy manager?) offer to pay it themselves to get it sorted at one point.

After that PWKH kicked off about which of the CCFC companies were paying the bills as it was around the time of administration. Claimed that if the right company didn't pay none of the players would be insured.

Sky Blue Kid

AHC wanted £12K for repairs to maintenance equipment saying it was CCFCs responsibility. CCFC said it was there responsibility to do the maintenance but AHC had to supply the equipment.

How we got into all these contracts where we paid rent but also had to maintain facilities for someone else to make money off is beyond me.

Didn't someone (the academy manager?) offer to pay it themselves to get it sorted at one point.

After that PWKH kicked off about which of the CCFC companies were paying the bills as it was around the time of administration. Claimed that if the right company didn't pay none of the players would be insured.
Wasn't damage done to the equipment when lack of respect of other peoples property (Higgs) brought forward by Higgs?

D

Deleted member 4439

There was also the dispute over resurfacing the pitch to acad standards, at 80k. Understandably, the Higgs managing company weren't keen on forking out when SISU had already expressed their intention to build an acad elsewhere.

Reminds me of a club who threatened to have their first team play elsewhere, in order to hold an existing tenancy agreement to ransom. That worked short team by getting the rent reduced, but fooked up the longer term picture....

I bet the landlords couldn't wait to get rid, and who can blame them.

chiefdave

There was also the dispute over resurfacing the pitch to acad standards, at 80k. Understandably, the Higgs managing company weren't keen on forking out when SISU had already expressed their intention to build an acad elsewhere.
Hasn't it been replaced and now they're going to rip it up to put a swimming pool in?

The Reverend Skyblue

Excactly should force SISU out and get a rich Dubai owners just like all successfully clubs
It's brain dead replies like this shows how clueless and out of touch some fans are.
We haven't anything to sell for someone to buy , you complete moron. Where have you been the last seven years

Chipfat

Its difficult not to feel we are being pushed out!!! FFS has he just picked up on this? Sisu if you play with fire, don't complain when your fingers get burnt. They didn't mind being pushed out when jumping on the Northampton express or mind making noise about new grounds with academy facilities.

Crying now and playing they are the victim is too late, they should of been exactly where Wasp's are today with revenue that would of allowed our club to compete at a higher level. Instead mismanagement has brought us here. They played hard ball and are now paying the price, which unfortunately the fans and the club will be paying for over a very long time.

Chipfat

95 miles away from their home?

Again, a distraction. What's done is done. It'swhere we will be that's the concern.

Trust me if Sisu had what they wanted they would of been miles away also with this club, the FL would not let them. These are both the same animal, its just one has a bigger teeth and were more willing to deal around a business table with the influential people within the city.

Not bark and shit on the table of those that could of helped. You are right however about the now, because that is all SISU have and for all our sakes, i hope court is not the only plan they have.

The Reverend Skyblue

Its difficult not to feel we are being pushed out!!! FFS has he just picked up on this? Sisu if you play with fire, don't complain when your fingers get burnt. They didn't mind being pushed out when jumping on the Northampton express or mind making noise about new grounds with academy facilities.

Crying now and playing they are the victim is too late, they should of been exactly where Wasp's are today with revenue that would of allowed our club to compete at a higher level. Instead mismanagement has brought us here. They played hard ball and are now paying the price, which unfortunately the fans and the club will be paying for over a very long time.
So in your genius thoughts the club should be exactly where wasps are today, you do know that's 110 miles from their natural home, so we should either be in London or Manchester.
You couldn't make it up could you

armybike

Here we go again.......poor old Sisu the victim!!!!

You know me, it's all about Was.......hey, hang on a minute I've got this one all wrong!

Chipfat

So in your genius thoughts the club should be exactly where wasps are today, you do know that's 110 miles from their natural home, so we should either be in London or Manchester.
You couldn't make it up could you

No, Sisu should have our club in the same position within Coventry, but If you want to play word games fine, but you know what the meaning was in my post.

As for Genius, I am far from that in fact i'm a failed high school pupil from a blue colour family that has tried all my life to work hard and be fair, but have always been taught to know my surroundings and company. If i have ever picked a fight its one i can win, and know if i don't i can't go crying when i get smashed to bits in court, or in the street. Obviously you are very special and know all the answers regarding this matter, why are Sisu even bothering to fight they should hire you to enlighten everyone and bring peace and tranquility to this mess we call our club

The Reverend Skyblue

Chip fat, not even I like my posting style these last couple of weeks, the whole situation really has got me very uptight, so a sincere apology for being a smartarse with my reply.

I'm angry as I see a lot of fans choosing not to stand up for the club.

NorthernWisdom

Chip fat, not even I like my posting style these last couple of weeks, the whole situation really has got me very uptight, so a sincere apology for being a smartarse with my reply.

I'm angry as I see a lot of fans choosing not to stand up for the club.

The distance isn't a smartarse bit though.

Comparisons to Wasps and success in negotiating are redundant, as Wasps failed in their stated aim to maintain a London club.

We don't want to follow the Wasps template, where we state we wish to remain in our home city, only to move elsewhere.

Therefore, it is a massive distraction at this point to say SISU bad, Wasps good in such things. This is not about what has been, this is not about our view of our owners - that bit should be taken for granted, and is utterly pointless reiterating that our owners are shit carpet-baggers who seek to exploit and manipulate in the quest for profit.

This... is about our club, and maintaining our club. And in doing so, we might need to do a deal with the devil but, at least this time... we sure as hell are not fighting Good.

Users who are viewing this thread