Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (3 Viewers)

stupot07

Kelly did not do anything but apart from one forward pass, kept it going sideways and gottackled off the ball a few times for being too slow. laked forward vision or any real attempt to push forward. often had nowhere to go. Did he even get a tackle in? The game passes him by a lot. At times he is still lovely on the ball but offers the team nothing much I'm afraid. When eccles came on the ball started moving forward faster. Don't get me wrong, he did nothing really bad but there was nothing to his contribution apart from one long through ball.
He's a defensive midfielder. he's in there to win second balls, keep it simple, deny space, win tackles, and give protection allowing the other more attacking midfielders - Palmer, Torp, O'Hare license to get forward and be creative. He's played the same way the entire time hes been here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Was great to see him smiling in his interview . We haven’t played to his strengths for most of the season , he is a natural 1-2 touch finisher when the ball is played in front of him . Hopefully see him smiling a lot more between now and the end of the season

He’s another player who will be at his best next season imo. Work in progress but he has great attributes.

Brighton Sky Blue

Good luck in the next round , if anything I got prediction right 5 nil . As someone said earlier id be gutted but I'm not. I think individual errors cost us the 1st 3 goals but take them away the result was never in doubt .
Safe journey home to your players and fans and hopefully the cash earned by the run you can put to good use.

fernandopartridge

Yeah, he had his moments but him and smelly should have been cutting through that and seemed to play everything sideways and backwards.
We were 3 up after half an hour, they were just keeping the ball. As dull as it was you can probably understand it.

shmmeee

We were 3 up after half an hour, they were just keeping the ball. As dull as it was you can probably understand it.

Yeah we were in first gear from early on, but equally I can only judge what I see. Just want Sheaf back.

ProfessorbyGrace

Goodnight plucky underdogs, onwards and upwards! PUSB.

Users who are viewing this thread