Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (3 Viewers)

skyblue_55

The weather will undoubtedly play its part tonight …. Gusty winds & possible rain , a not too impressive pitch & we’ve got another banana skin of a tie .
Let’s get behind the lads for the 90 minutes plus & then who knows ?

David O'Day

The weather will undoubtedly play its part tonight …. Gusty winds & possible rain , a not too impressive pitch & we’ve got another banana skin of a tie .
Let’s get behind the lads for the 90 minutes plus & then who knows ?
Where you getting rain from? Forecasts have it cold but dry in CV6 tonight

Tommo1993

The team talk has been sorting itself and stewing since the cup draw, and it has intensified today with all the coverage they’re getting. That on top of wanting to do something right after Friday.

Robins needn’t even say anything pre match.

HadjiChippo

Can’t wait should be a fantastic atmosphere.

4-1 and have a feeling they score first, and early.
- Haji x2, Simms & Palmer to score. Sky blues march to Wembley continues.

Warwickhunt

There’s a lot of people being far too confident for my liking
So we should! but if they treat these guys as job done then we will regret it. Seen enough shocks to last a lifetime. Its about our players state of mind whereas Maidstones will all be singing off one sheet. One thing I will say is that if we lose this then every single city player will lose any creditability there is going and talk about wanting to be a premier league player goes out the window.

pusbccfc

Moore starting is gaining traction.

HadjiChippo

So we should! but if they treat these guys as job done then we will regret it. Seen enough shocks to last a lifetime. Its about our players state of mind whereas Maidstones will all be singing off one sheet. One thing I will say is that if we lose this then every single city player will lose any creditability there is going and talk about wanting to be a premier league player goes out the window.
Mentality is massive, and all the pressure is on us. If we win 6-0, we were expected too and no one bats an eyelid.

Those 2 fantastic finishes they scored against Ipswich were no fluke or lucky. Have no doubt MR has this drilled into the players tonight because any laziness from corners and they’ll hit us on the break. They’ve scored 65%+ of their shots on target since the first round or something mad like that.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

There’s a lot of people being far too confident for my liking
How are we supposed to be? Yes upsets happen. Maidstone did it to Ipswich. But if we do a professional job and don’t take them lightly - we’ll win easily.

you’d think we were facing a premier league team with that attitude

Tommo1993

I’m having two predictions.

We’ll have an early wobble and they’ll break the deadlock, and we flatten them 7-1.

Or just a comprehensive 5-0 Cov win and they don’t get a sniff.

Legia Sky Blue

Think I read that an average expected result for teams with a similar gap between us & Maidstone is only 2-0 or 3-0. Given some of the outlandish score predictions on here, should the result end up like that there are clearly going to be some disappointed people on this message board, even if we win!

I've seen the England national team struggle to put minnows and part timers to the sword on so many occasions, that while I hope we can run up a big win, I can't get too ahead thinking in those terms. The one way we won't win big is if the team are as complacent about the outcome as some of our fans are.

Users who are viewing this thread