Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (3 Viewers)

mmttww

Apologies if anyone else has posted anything similar.
When Maidstone come out onto the pitch tomorrow night it would be great if the SBA could stand and applaud their remarkable achievement
Their manager George Elokobi is truly an inspiration.
If I was MR I would offer to mentor him ( assuming we win of course)!!!

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

slowpoke

Fair play to them on getting to where they’ve got

But to quite frankly suggest clapping Maidstone onto the pitch is ridiculous

I hope we get stuck into them from the first whistle
This game should be put to bed by half-time no question.

HerneBayGaz

When Maidstone come out onto the pitch tomorrow night it would be great if the SBA could stand and applaud their remarkable achievement

Yeah like that's going to happen 😲

Speedies_Chips

Absolutely not. Will happily clap them off at the end when we’ve pumped them 5-0.

slowpoke

Well, we could.
After Friday, we could be talking about an embarrassment of epic proportions. One that sticks in the memory, for years!
Or the other way round - barnstorming victory, coming back from Friday's season ending defeat!....
I know which one is looking more likely at the moment!🤣🤣🤣
What season ending result ?

We lost a home game as did Southampton, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Watford & three other Hull, West Brom and Nowich gained just a point.

I bet you’re a bundle of laughs at home.

ccfc1234

Really hoping we can win and that a couple of underdogs Blackburn, Southampton and Luton can pull off a shock in their ties. If they could, this season's cup competition would be as wide open as it has been for a generation.

Last edited:

shepardo01

What season ending result ?

We lost a home game as did Southampton, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Watford & three other Hull, West Brom and Nowich gained just a point.

I bet you’re a bundle of laughs at home.

catch me if you can GIF

If you know where this is from - you should know the joke! 😉
Was using extremes to fit the narrative of the post!

Irish Sky Blue

Remember when we played Macclesfield in the cup and it got really nasty .. I'm sure Mcallister went into their dressing room post match to bring them down a peg or two
We thumped Macclesfield. It was Woking and their player’s attitude that annoyed McAlister. We drew 1-1 at Highfield Road and scraped through in the replay 2-1. I think that there had been some disrespectful comments from them about our players in the press.

hinckley cov

Godden to start - clear as day against Oxford he can do a job against the defenders outside of the Championship still. I would also want Tavares to start to give Wright/ Simms a rest - if he can't do it against a Maidstone then thank you a goodbye for the future. He should be dominating against this kind of opposition if we think he has a future as a 'young up and coming' player. Also likely Kelly comes into to give Eccles a break before the crunch match on Friday!
Don’t agree with resting simms play him for about 70 minutes then bring Tavares on , we messed about with the team against Wrexham and looked how that turned out , I’m feed up with our club being a laughing stock , play our best team and put the game to bed and then bring the likes of Tavares on

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We thumped Macclesfield. It was Woking and their player’s attitude that annoyed McAlister. We drew 1-1 at Highfield Road and scraped through in the replay 2-1. I think that there had been some disrespectful comments from them about our players in the press.
Yes, I recall McAlister made a few comments on air about Woking player's remarks as well. I think one of their players had said the 1-1 draw at Highfield Road was a far easier match than against fellow non league opposition .

Paxman II

We must get the other night out of the system and put Maidstone in their place by half time. Field a strong side and change it later when we are coasting. Those that say it's a chance of Wembley again are for the birds. The next round is merely a money spinning tie hopefully - we are not going to win the FA Cup. West Brom has become an extremely important game, especially as we were given golden results in our favour the other night, keeping chasing teams out of it and keeping teams within a point or two still with us.
Lets just use the night to get in the swing again and pick up a massive draw next round, and just concentrate on not losing but even nicking 3 points Friday night.

shmmeee

We must get the other night out of the system and put Maidstone in their place by half time. Field a strong side and change it later when we are coasting. Those that say it's a chance of Wembley again are for the birds. The next round is merely a money spinning tie hopefully - we are not going to win the FA Cup. West Brom has become an extremely important game, especially as we were given golden results in our favour the other night, keeping chasing teams out of it and keeping teams within a point or two still with us.
Let’s just use the night to get in the swing again and pick up a massive draw next round, and just concentrate on not losing but even nicking 3 points Friday night.

You know the semis are at Wembley right?

Otis

Lets just use the night to get in the swing again and pick up a massive draw next round, and just concentrate on not losing but even nicking 3 points Friday night.
That's a nonsense, Paxman.

We win tonight, we might draw Blackburn, or Southampton, or Leicester, or Luton, or Forest at home. You would fancy our chances then surely wouldn't you?

Win that and we ARE at Wembley, like Shmmeee just said.

alexccfc99

If we win this and get a Liverpool say are they gonna stand and applaud our achievement

lunacy
In fairness to the scousers, my dad said when Ndlovu scored a hattrick at Anfield, The Kop actually applauded him off the pitch

That being said I am not cheering Maidstone onto the pitch tomorrow - don't forget how bitter they looked that they had to come here when the draw was made

GIMOC

team for tonight. obvs wont disclose all

friends reunited at the back , no mve
captain marvel starts alongside torp
no ohare but tavares starts

v strong team , stronger than expected

StrettoBoy

I think we will win 2-0 and it might be a bit nervy until we get the first goal.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we will give them a real tonking 🤞

PUSB

NWS

In fairness to the scousers, my dad said when Ndlovu scored a hattrick at Anfield, The Kop actually applauded him off the pitch

That being said I am not cheering Maidstone onto the pitch tomorrow - don't forget how bitter they looked that they had to come here when the draw was made
Bitter?

On the third attempt we rather wanted to draw a prem giant.

Since then the excitement of coming to the CBS has been building. Reading what I'm reading there seems to be a few that bought tickets then ain't coming, which annoys me because others missed out.

Trust me, there is excitement about playing Coventry at the CBS

Jamesimus

team for tonight. obvs wont disclose all

friends reunited at the back , no mve
captain marvel starts alongside torp
no ohare but tavares starts

v strong team , stronger than expected

So Kitching and Thomas CB’s with Lati and Bidwell either side.

Kelly and Torp in the middle? I’m guessing it’s too soon for Sheaf.

Palmer as a 10 with a front 3 of Taveres, Wright and Simms/Godden?

That is my assumption from what you’ve suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread