Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (6 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

No Sheaf, No O'HARE, No Millan and No Sakamoto, and people saying it's a strong line up. 😱

Boicey

I expect a jittery start. Not that much confidence in the team.
Palmer is going to be important to give us a bit of swag.
Taveres is the absolute wild card. Hope he has license to go forward at will.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Exactly.
Some people are way over optimistic.
Maidstone have had plenty of rest and time to prepare, it's going to be a lot tighter than some expect.
I'm going 2-0 city, but the goals may come late on.
We’re a professional outfit. The only way we lose this and don’t win handsomely is if we take the piss and take them lightly.

robins won’t let that happen. We put 6 past Oxford - we should put at least 4-0 past a national league south side

Otis

I reckon 3 nil or 3-1 (late consolation for them), or 4-0

Could get more, but am taking nothing for granted and think they are going to park the bus a bit and try and hit us on the break, or try and catch us out through a long ball upfield.

I don't mind a 2 nil. Just want us to play well, win and not pick up any more injuries.

Otis

I expect a jittery start. Not that much confidence in the team.
Palmer is going to be important to give us a bit of swag.
Taveres is the absolute wild card. Hope he has license to go forward at will.
I am expecting the opposite to be honest. Rocket from MR on Friday without doubt and he will want us firing out of the blocks.

The worry will be if we are all over them and miss a hatful of chances early on. THEN I think we might get a little jittery

Boicey

I am expecting the opposite to be honest. Rocket from MR on Friday without doubt and he will want us firing out of the blocks.

The worry will be if we are all over them and miss a hatful of chances early on. THEN I think we might get a little jittery
If maidstone go after us at the start with a high press I think we could flap for a while.

djr8369

We looked very weak mentally on Friday.

AFCCOVENTRY

This is nearly a first team pick for a Champ game, considering the injuries we have. So if we lose today then the players are weaker than I thought they are.

They need to show some pride today after the shambles against Preston and get a result for Tatsu!

Mr Panda

Watching at home tonight and after 20 minutes of pure Maidstone talk I want them going home in tears

shepardo01

Entrance update - arrived at 6:45 easy entry - although, for the first time in, we'll ever!, got asked to remove my hat!... Said I hadn't done my hair and said no!... Took me a little by surprise!🤣

Pie update - no balti pies!... Just reg chicken!
Had steak...nice - better structural integrity - easier to eat!

Tonight - never been more convinced we will win comfortably.

Interested by the goalkeeping back up situation!
Bell on bench - Moore still out working with keepers...

Otis

We looked very weak mentally on Friday.
A rocket always does wonders.

I expect us to come out flying to be honest. Try and kill the game off early.

I can't see Maidstone going for it. I really can't. Their best bet is to keep it tight and try and catch us on the break.

They only had two shots against Ipswich. I think they will try and keep it tight and be as organised as possible.

Liquid Gold

I reckon we'll just play keep ball and tire them out.

Won't be entertaining for a while but once one goes in the floodgates will open

Otis

Season 4 Episode 23 GIF by Friends

Robins has got to be sick of talking about the goal that saved Fergie

Hobo

The last team I wanted us to get. I am expecting this to be a tough game. Any win will do me.

fatso

And if they try and high press from the start they’ll be done after about 25 mins
I'm expecting them to sit deep, get bodies behind the ball and try and hit us with pace on the break. (Like they did against Ipswich)
I also think they will be very physical and try to rattle us.
We need to be patient and keep moving the ball, and eventually we'll open them up.

Users who are viewing this thread