Coventry City FC giant crests may be moved at Ricoh as Wasps make mark on stadium (1 Viewer)

M&B Stand

This the one? I barely remember this

41a7R5vSLxL._SX342_.jpg

Yep, I though I was Kevin Gallacher flying down the wing at training in that!

Does look a bit waspish now

Moff

No planning application on the Coventry Council planning portal yet.

It must be very frustrating sitting in front of the computer screen waiting for the application can come on line, so you can give it your glowing support. :whistle:

fernandopartridge

In fairness the Wasps badge doesn't have far greater prominence. The Cov one is nearer the road. Everything is dwarfed by the hideous Ricoh signage.

italiahorse

It must be very frustrating sitting in front of the computer screen waiting for the application can come on line, so you can give it your glowing support. :whistle:

I only made the comment its not on their planning map not that I supported it :facepalm:
Why would I support it ?

The point I'm making is that the Telegraph are mischief making.

Moff

I only made the comment its not on their planning map not that I supported it :facepalm:
Why would I support it ?

I know, apologies, I was only joking....and yes the Telegraph seem to be in a bit of a mischievous mood.

letsallsingtogether

Agee Nick been jinxed from day one (even before when the ridiculous rent deal was signed 2003).Can't wait to get out, sooner the better PUSB!Never was and never will be HOME!!!!!

Funny how people say Never was Home wouldn't have said that if we had of brought it????

Well it was and still is home to me if your not happy don't go.

Sixfields was never home to me wasn't happy so didn't go.

Last edited:

italiahorse

Agee Nick been jinxed from day one (even before when the ridiculous rent deal was signed 2003).

Can't wait to get out, sooner the better PUSB!

Never was and never will be HOME!!!!!

Bar 67 is a date suitable for both.
CCFC are not able to move so what is your plan B?

stupot07

Bar 67 is a date suitable for both.
CCFC are not able to move so what is your plan B?

Really? Sure we won the second division but is that really a suitable date compared with winning what was then the country's premier cup competition which was the envy of the world?

Neutral Fan "oh why's 67 so significant"

Cov fan "we got promoted to the top flight"

Neutral fan " ok.....but didn't you once win the FA cup?"

Cov fan " yes in 1987 in one of the greatest cup finals ever,you may have seen houchen's goal, the diving header it's shown every year as one of the most iconic goals of the competition......(sighs) "

Neutral fan "so why not Bar 1987?"

Cov fan "err......"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yeah pretty much. It is all the bullshit emotional crap that makes it worse from the council.

At least with SISU you know what you are getting don't you? With the council they come across like they are going to take you out, buy you dinner, do the best for you, look after you, marry you and then they just give you a quicky outside the sky dome and then they are bastards after all these promises. They don't even buy you a woo woo. SISU are like Cavemen "oi love, fancy a quicky".

Ha Ha, very good!

Or to put it another way. Hi my name is SISU, I'm here to fuck you!

Boy they sure did that.:(

M&B Stand

Really? Sure we won the second division but is that really a suitable date compared with winning what was then the country's premier cup competition which was the envy of the world?

Neutral Fan "oh why's 67 so significant"

Cov fan "we got promoted to the top flight"

Neutral fan " ok.....but didn't you once win the FA cup?"

Cov fan " yes in 1987 in one of the greatest cup finals ever,you may have seen houchen's goal, the diving header it's shown every year as one of the most iconic goals of the competition......(sighs) "

Neutral fan "so why not Bar 1987?"

Cov fan "err...well although the stadium was built for the football club, the council, fell out with the club and engineered the sale to a nouveau riche mockney rugby club who are starting to put their own stamp on it :)

Sick Boy

Why would I support it ?

You better be careful Simon, they are already turning on you.

RoboCCFC90

Although expected it still feels as if it's a kick in the gut..

I don't think it's worth the argument as to where the fault lies for this but let's be honest all parties are at fault for this, Sisu, The Council, Higgs, all of them. The Club made a bid for the Higgs share and it was rejected, that's apart of life and I accept that but I can't help feeling as if the Council have let the City down with this move, even now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFC

Go back to sixfields RFC. Like it or not it is our home and it's in Coventry. That's the top and bottom of it and your post suggests a real lack of understanding to basic facts.

Please do not bully or insult or for that matter attempt to put words in my mouth.

My statement stands and is my opinion, I appreciate it may however not be yours.

Enjoy your evening!

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Disappointing, but has been coming!

CCC were never keen on the CCFC badges anyway, so wouldn't be surprised if they somehow only get permission for the wasps ones to go up; kinda like a 'it's only one of them, or none at all ultimatum.

I dont like the fact that Wasps are here but they are doing just what CCFC did ie apply to put their badge on the stadium except I think Fletcher it was who had them put up before it went for a decision they were always going to get it,but He made a big deal about it.

SkyblueBazza

I dont like the fact that Wasps are here but they are doing just what CCFC did ie apply to put their badge on the stadium except I think Fletcher it was who had them put up before it went for a decision they were always going to get it,but He made a big deal about it.

And the point you seem to be making is spot-on! If you move into a new office at work you don't leave your predecessors name on the door.

PUSB

J

Jack Griffin

I see it more as a mark of SISU's failure of stewardship of CCFC than a mark of disrespect by Wasps.

And I don't believe they've taken us to the low point yet, the worst is yet to come..

Users who are viewing this thread