Coventry City FC giant crests may be moved at Ricoh as Wasps make mark on stadium (1 Viewer)

Moff

I am just now waiting for the joint SISU/ACL/HIGGS/CCC/ANN LUCAS badge that they have commissioned which simply says,

'F*ck off CCFC and Fans'

Ashdown

I am just now waiting for the joint SISU/ACL/HIGGS/CCC/ANN LUCAS badge that they have commissioned which simply says,

'F*ck off CCFC and Fans'

It was all just a fuck off from Ann Lucas to Joy Sepalla in short but CCFC were collateral damage !

Nick

Administrator
It was all just a fuck off from Ann Lucas to Joy Sepalla in short but CCFC were collateral damage !

Yeah pretty much. It is all the bullshit emotional crap that makes it worse from the council.

At least with SISU you know what you are getting don't you? With the council they come across like they are going to take you out, buy you dinner, do the best for you, look after you, marry you and then they just give you a quicky outside the sky dome and then they are bastards after all these promises. They don't even buy you a woo woo. SISU are like Cavemen "oi love, fancy a quicky".

fernandopartridge

The council were forced to sell it to Wasps. They didn't use their long term shareholding in ACL as a line of defence at the JR either.

pusbccfc

FFS, why the council? Why not SISU, who still tell us all they want to build anew?

I blame SISU for putting us in this mess far more than the council, but it was still the councils fault that a sports team from outside it's boundaries are playing here.

SIR ERNIE

I blame SISU for putting us in this mess far more than the council, but it was still the councils fault that a sports team from outside it's boundaries are playing here.

nope, it's SISU's fault that a sports team from outside the boundaries are playing here.

Nick

Administrator
nope, it's SISU's fault that a sports team from outside the boundaries are playing here.

Is it? Did they force Wasps to come here? Not this chesnut again.

The Ricoh will be Waspitised. Not much as tenants we can do is there.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The sad thing is, the crest of CCFC holds a lot of history in regards to the actual city of Coventry, and it is to be replaced by a picture of an insect.

Well done Coventry City Council!

It was either the picture of the insect or the statue of the reptile that owns us I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashdown

We all knew surely that this would end in tears as soon as the hedge fund refused to pay rent in order to distress ACL. The rent was high but to get it down they had to run the rest of the football club properly. The rent although unfair still equated to only 1/8th of the stated losses at the time. In those losses the SISU scumbags had already accounted for extortionate debt interest and 'Management charges' payable to companies owned by themselves.

SISU should have brought all of the other costs of the business down in the club and shown themselves to want the best for all parties, and then begged for a reduction. They didn't, they were hell bent on 'battering people in court'..they didn't and revenge followed swiftly !!
SISU caught and dragged the beast to the executioner exhausted and dying, the council just made the final thrust.

chiefdave

This is from the Telegraph article
View attachment 3940

If it's something like that then I don't see any problem. They are obviously going to want to put their own crest up. If they're moving it to somewhere it isn't visible, if that place even exists, or taking it down for good then we could have a moan but don't see anything wrong with this.

Anyway we'll need to take them down so that Fisher can put them on the new stadium.

ajsccfc

Wasps can spin any seat change by telling us they're paying tribute to the greatest away shirt in the history of football.

51rPn4XOgFL._SX342_.jpg

chiefdave

Wasps can spin any seat change by telling us they're paying tribute to the greatest away shirt in the history of football.

Said this before but I'd be more than happy with a compromise, if we permanently had yellow and black for our away kit and Wasps had Sky Blue for their away kit we could have different stands in different colours (obviously try to do it so it doesn't look terrible) and everyone's happy.

ccfcway

Agee Nick been jinxed from day one (even before when the ridiculous rent deal was signed 2003).

Can't wait to get out, sooner the better PUSB!

Never was and never will be HOME!!!!!

The sooner the better. 18 months on from the new ground announcement we have had a drawing.

fernandopartridge

Said this before but I'd be more than happy with a compromise, if we permanently had yellow and black for our away kit and Wasps had Sky Blue for their away kit we could have different stands in different colours (obviously try to do it so it doesn't look terrible) and everyone's happy.
Or ask Wasps to change their black to royal blue to match our successful Brazil away kit. It might be counter intuitive for London Wasps to play in yellow and blue, but, only as much as it is that they play in Coventry.

ccfcway

and we remain to Coventry Wasps FC with a wasp instead of the elephant and they become Coventry Wasps RFC.

italiahorse

Still though it makes a mockery of those like te council and wasps themselves who claimed that Wasps would work with the football club and all the other shit spouted about how the wasps deal could be good for us and that they would try an work alongside the club.

Why would Wasps work with a team that plan to leave ?

Users who are viewing this thread