Coventry city centre (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

Do post your thoughts on here after.

Would love to know. Not heard a bad review yet from anyone I know who's gone.
Unfortunately, know a few people who went tonight who ended up getting their meal for free due to terrible service.

I know they’re keen to get it open as soon as possible, however, it’s paramount they get these things right from the start otherwise it will quickly get a reputation ala Miller and Carter.

Hopefully it was just minor first weekend teething problems.

fernandopartridge

Unfortunately, know a few people who went tonight who ended up getting their meal for free due to terrible service.

I know they’re keen to get it open as soon as possible, however, it’s paramount they get these things right from the start otherwise it will quickly get a reputation ala Miller and Carter.

Hopefully it was just minor first weekend teething problems.
It's always the same when anywhere new opens, best to avoid them for the first month or so tbh.

Otis

Yeah, true. Quite often there's teething problems and it's all brand new staff etc.

Guessing it was slow service and maybe some orders wrong?

LastGarrison

Not sure it was my missus’ mate who went for their daughters birthday.

There will always be teething problems but surely a few extra days inviting people behind ‘closed doors’ could’ve helped iron out these problems before opening to the public.

Should be a very welcome addition to the city centre so hopefully they sort it ASAP!

Anyone know when Turtle Bay is due to open?

Otis

I heard Feb/Mar, but where abouts is it going to be exactly?

Must be round the back surely as the front side is now filled isn't it?

clint van damme

It's always the same when anywhere new opens, best to avoid them for the first month or so tbh.

went in the reopened Albany pub last week, ran out of wine glasses, no hand wash in the toilet, staff not knowing where stuff was - text book carry on for a place that's opened a week or two earlier than it should have.

SBAndy

So the Ricoh opened up about 20 years too early then did it?

I’m in the corporate area this season and I genuinely don’t think I’ve seen the same member of bar staff two home games on the trot. It’s a mess.

Gazolba

Or a sauce holder in the shape of a wheelbarrow.
How are you on gravy boats shaped in the shape of a boat?
Talikng about unusual serving containers, ever had a drink from a boot?
Julian Cafe, Julian, California.
Julian-Lemonade.jpg

Otis

Looks like MOD Pizza is the latest restaurant to come to Cathedral Lanes.

Can't see anything at all in the local press, but there is a planning application sign on the door of the vacant outlet next to Zizzi.

Seattle based in the US and only have locations in the UK in London, Nottingham, Leeds and Gateshead at the mo.

Apparently they cook pizzas at about 800° so your pizza is ready in about 2 -2 1/2 mins.

Evening Standard are quoted as saying it's the best pizza you'll ever have. So, will have to wait and see on that one.

Think we have enough pizza places already, but it's nice to see this is not one of the big chains (for now at least) moving in.
Ha! Nice of the CT to be on the ball.

They have just put the story out yesterday. I announced it on the 10th November and that was just a case of looking at the council notice on the door.

This is the new restaurant coming to Coventry's Cathedral Lanes

Otis

Okay, so, went to the Botanist on New Year's Eve and guess what, NW? My mum's food was served on a plate, my dad's food was served on a plate and my wife's food was served on a plate. My daughter's was served on a wooden block and I had the hanging kebab, which is just food on a skewer.

It was all very normal and all very nice. I especially like mine and we will be going back.

Lovely surroundings and decor too, which made the experience more enjoyable.

Grendel

Okay, so, went to the Botanist on New Year's Eve and guess what, NW? My mum's food was served on a plate, my dad's food was served on a plate and my wife's food was served on a plate. My daughter's was served on a wooden block and I had the hanging kebab, which is just food on a skewer.

It was all very normal and all very nice. I especially like mine and we will be going back.

Lovely surroundings and decor too, which made the experience more enjoyable.

I’m suprised it’s got lots of booking availability - someone I knew went this weekend and had loads of booking options

Otis

I’m suprised it’s got lots of booking availability - someone I knew went this weekend and had loads of booking options
That surprises me.

It was pretty much full when we went and I tried to book for between 6 and 7 and they said they had nothing available for 3 hours before and for the next 3 hours after. We had to settle for a 1.30 pm lunch booking and it was pretty full. My parents are both 88 and they couldn't accommodate us downstairs at all, so had to go up a couple of flights of stairs to just under the atrium.

Grendel

That surprises me.

It was pretty much full when we went and I tried to book for between 6 and 7 and they said they had nothing available for 3 hours before and for the next 3 hours after. We had to settle for a 1.30 pm lunch booking and it was pretty full. My parents are both 88 and they couldn't accommodate us downstairs at all, so had to go up a couple of flights of stairs to just under the atrium.

One of my daughters went with a crowd on Saturday - didn’t book until the day and had no trouble at all

Otis

One of my daughters went with a crowd on Saturday - didn’t book until the day and had no trouble at all
Maybe because it was New Year's Eve then.

We were a bit annoyed, because neither of my parents can walk well at all and the lift was out of order too, so to make two 88 year old's climb two flights of stairs we felt was a bit peeving.

Corrado

different i think - one is oodles and the one im on about is oodles N' noodles!

different menu so cant be the same :)

Captain Dart

oodles N' noodles

add a 'P' to the front and you've got a Korean restaurant
Apparently Korean cooking is the 'dogs bollocks', literally.

Otis

I feel rather dirty these days. Everything is now becoming vegan and vegetarians are getting left behind. :(

Struggle now to get vegetarian ham style Quorn slices. So many places are now only selling the vegan ones and the texture is disgusting. Really slimy.

Otis

I am not surprised. The suggestion is ghstuo to 10,000 shops across the UK will close this year.

The way forward is leisure by all accounts.

Users who are viewing this thread