Coventry City 'can't survive in League One' and have their priorities wrong (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

SISU havent not had success on the pitch but haven't they stopped us from becoming extinct and reduced the debt? Wouldn't say they were experts.

What they haven't done is write off the debts and sell on to a new investor..

Covkid1968#

Exactly right. Who is actually still going to even be around on here by the time this mythical stadium has been built. I want success. I just haven't got it in me anymore to sit around waiting for 5 years listening to shit about FFP and 100% of revenue and bollocks like that. Give me half decent football and a cold beer at the Ricoh. Then I and many others will return. Football is supposed to be an escape from real life, something enjoyable to watch. But supporting this embarrassment is the worst thing about my life. I'm enjoying not going unfortunately.

Well that sums my current situ up perfectly.

skybluetony176

SISU havent not had success on the pitch but haven't they stopped us from becoming extinct and reduced the debt? Wouldn't say they were experts.

What a crock of shit that is. We're in as much debt as we have ever been and everything about the club is collectively worse than it ever has been in it's history including we're closer to becoming extinct now than ever in our history.

torchomatic

Thank God we've got such a supportive council who will back the city's team. We'd be in big trouble if not.

What a crock of shit that is. We're in as much debt as we have ever been and everything about the club is collectively worse than it ever has been in it's history including we're closer to becoming extinct now than ever in our history.

steveecov

Imagine being in a big room, with only a single bar electric fire; as long as you are within a metre you can stay warm. The further away you go the more chance you have of getting frozen to death.

Now imagine SKY money and the premier league is that fire.

torchomatic

But Tony, we know about SISUs failings.
Quick. Someone's pointed out SISU's failings. Divert the topic onto the council before someone notices that SISU are responsible for the club.

torchomatic

WHo doesn't acknowledge their failings apart from RFC?

Knowing is not the same as acknowledging and changing the subject when the reading gets uncomfortable for SISU is ignoring. Is the saying correct about ignorance being bliss?

skybluetony176

WHo doesn't acknowledge their failings apart from RFC?

IMO anyone who diverts when reading gets uncomfortable for SISU. I simply can't understand given how SISU have destroyed the club why any self respecting fan would want to divert a thread about their failings onto any other subject.

Defending by stealth.

torchomatic

Ah, I see. So if anyone dares to suggest blame also lies anywhere else then they are flying the SISU flag and defending their actions?

IMO anyone who diverts when reading gets uncomfortable for SISU. I simply can't understand given how SISU have destroyed the club why any self respecting fan would want to divert a thread about their failings onto any other subject.

Defending by stealth.

Moff

Defending by stealth.

So if someone came on the thread spouting shit about something else, and you told them they were being an arse, that would make you a a SISU fan? .....bollox.

We all know SISU's failing, just becuse some people dont regurgitate exactly the same point others have made, does not make them a SISU fan.

skybluetony176

Ah, I see. So if anyone dares to suggest blame also lies anywhere else then they are flying the SISU flag and defending their actions?

We all know other parties have blame, but in the context of the article and this thread they're irrelivant. So why bring them up?

Astute

They chucked good money after bad trying to get their own way with the Ricoh. Look how bad our losses were in our short time at Northampton. And they will continue to lose millions from the supporters that won't go again until they are gone. They forced themselves into this corner. It is their fault that we have been losing so much once the wage bill was reduced. They could have put a very good squad together with just half of the losses they incurred in the Northampton time. We could have kept Wilson.

Grendel

Wasn't this the guy that the council wanted as the administrator?

Astute

SISU are mainly at fault. And the others concerned did what they did because of the action that SISU took. They were not dealing with CCFC. They were trying to deal with SISU.

Grendel

No, think it was Brendan Guilfoyle? He's also the fella who said that PH IV didn't have enough money to buy and run a football club.

Yes another Leeds based administrator - yes I remember him sniggering when Haskell was mentioned.

This is the guy then who almost put Bournemouth out of business isn't he? Guilfoyle almost did it at Plymouth.

What next from the CET? Ridsdale on creating a sustainable future and Ryan Giggs in the personal advice column.

Astute

Yes another Leeds based administrator - yes I remember him sniggering when Haskell was mentioned.

This is the guy then who almost put Bournemouth out of business isn't he? Guilfoyle almost did it at Plymouth.

What next from the CET? Ridsdale on creating a sustainable future and Ryan Giggs in the personal advice column.

How about a missing person article.

'Appleton. Last seen whilst looking for the golden share'

Hobo

But his consortium at Leeds was always meant to be a short term solution. Unlike SISU who want to stick around forever with no realistic solution.

martcov

Where was the council mentioned in the article? It is not in the remit of a council to ball out fucked up football clubs. The people who should be backing the the team are the owners. They are interested in a real estate deal with a stadium involved, rather than promotion to the Championship - as the expert points out.

skyblueinBaku

Krasner talks as if SISU have a master plan and understand football. That is the failing of his piece.

SISU have never had a plan, nor understood football or its fans, they just run down fuck up road jumping from one shambles to another, with a twat as a mouthpiece.

You may be right, Moff, but Sisu may have a plan. However, they won't tell us what it is, and I'm sure that it has little or nothing to do with football. They would do well to remember that General Custer had a plan...........

Last edited:

davebart

I always think it is worth listening to someone with a successful track record. After all Leeds haven't been mismanaged for 20 years have they?

duffer

An expert who conveniently ignores the fact that the "cheap" £100k rent doesn't include much by the way of revenue, isn't really an expert in my book.

The truth is that whoever is in charge, the club has to be run sustainably. I don't see how the figures for the new ground work, but I also don't see that we're going to get anywhere renting from Wasps without access to broader income streams either.

Unless this 'expert' has got a really rich friend, I'm not sure he's much use. What I'd like is an "expert" with a plausible plan for a way out of the mess. We've had a go at the "let's take a punt on promotion" plan a couple of times already - look at where it's got us.

Malaka

He is right and your missing the point.

Sisu 'may' build the stadium but CCFC will never own it.
We will rent it off them and I will be surprised if they rent it back for the current rent £100,000 per year particularly as their interest payments will be north of £1M per year
The related incomes we get from the stadium will be at the gift of Sisu.

I thought that is what I said in my original post

Speedies_Chips

An expert who conveniently ignores the fact that the "cheap" £100k rent doesn't include much by the way of revenue, isn't really an expert in my book.

The truth is that whoever is in charge, the club has to be run sustainably. I don't see how the figures for the new ground work, but I also don't see that we're going to get anywhere renting from Wasps without access to broader income streams either.

Unless this 'expert' has got a really rich friend, I'm not sure he's much use. What I'd like is an "expert" with a plausible plan for a way out of the mess. We've had a go at the "let's take a punt on promotion" plan a couple of times already - look at where it's got us.

Have we? When did we have a go at that then? I must have missed it!

Astute

So why did Fisher go on about the income streams that he had negotiated for our return to the Ricoh?

Or is it that i'm not supposed to believe anything he says?

chiefdave

So why did Fisher go on about the income streams that he had negotiated for our return to the Ricoh?

Fisher said "this i just a slight increase in revenue position and a share of income only", this is clearly a long way from getting all the revenue generated by the club let alone 365 day revenues from the stadium.

Astute

Fisher said "this i just a slight increase in revenue position and a share of income only", this is clearly a long way from getting all the revenue generated by the club let alone 365 day revenues from the stadium.

Who said anything about all the income? Who said anything about 365 day revenues?

If SISU wanted the 365 income they should not have pissed everyone off and tried properly to do a deal instead of using underhand tactics like forcing our club to Northampton. Wasps negotiated and then paid the going rate after SISU devalued it. Fisher even said he didn't really want the 50% as it wasn't worth it. What rights have SISU got to the 365 revenue when they didn't want to pay for it?

shmmeee

In this thread expertise is directly related to how closely someone's opinion matches your own.

covcity4life

one thing that worries me is that waggot say that club will be so that certain % of players are young academy etc

do you think mowbray will sign off on that?

could just be interim boost to keep us up.

chiefdave

one thing that worries me is that waggot say that club will be so that certain % of players are young academy etc

do you think mowbray will sign off on that?

could just be interim boost to keep us up.

I can't imagine Mowbray has come in thinking there's going to be a huge budget next season but he's talking like he intends to still be here so I guess he is happy with it. With pretty much everyone out of contract he will have a lot of scope to make the squad his own. If, and its a big if, we have a top 6 budget next season you would hope he is confident that he can mount a promotion push with that.

Astute

I can't imagine Mowbray has come in thinking there's going to be a huge budget next season but he's talking like he intends to still be here so I guess he is happy with it. With pretty much everyone out of contract he will have a lot of scope to make the squad his own. If, and its a big if, we have a top 6 budget next season you would hope he is confident that he can mount a promotion push with that.

Is it he either gets the budget he wants or he doesn't sign a longer contract?

chiefdave

Is it he either gets the budget he wants or he doesn't sign a longer contract?

Potentially could be something along those lines or the budget is tied in with us staying up. He talks like he's here long term which is the positive sign but you do have to wonder why if he intends to be here he's not under contract.

Users who are viewing this thread