Coventry City 'can't survive in League One' and have their priorities wrong (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

Clears up some things anyway as to why sisu are still here and how much a stadium really would be.

He says we should aim for the championship which we all know we should do.

Sky Blue Kid

Something doesn't ring true with this bunch of shysters. For an expert to say what he has, it beggars belief that this scum are still trading. Some people say they are using CCFC as a dumping ground for debt. I've always thought that they were nothing but asset strippers, now I'm not so sure!

Ashdown

Absolutely spot on. This is the only way forward for City with SISU at the helm. A league One Side for 10 years or more, selling all assets at every opportunity and loading charges against the club to bump up the imaginary losses for tax avoidance somewhere else in the group framework. I'm not buying into that shit !!

hill83

Exactly right. Who is actually still going to even be around on here by the time this mythical stadium has been built. I want success. I just haven't got it in me anymore to sit around waiting for 5 years listening to shit about FFP and 100% of revenue and bollocks like that. Give me half decent football and a cold beer at the Ricoh. Then I and many others will return. Football is supposed to be an escape from real life, something enjoyable to watch. But supporting this embarrassment is the worst thing about my life. I'm enjoying not going unfortunately.

lordsummerisle

It's almost like we didn't lose millions when we were in The Championship really.

Is this the same Gerald Krasner who was the highly successful Chairman of Leeds United a few years back?

dongonzalos

Gotta say if was me I would gamble the money to invested on a stadium on getting into the top six of the championship. Then the moment we were sixth I would sell the premiership dream to someone for 50-60 million and cut my loses.

John_Silletts_Nose

Very interesting viewpoint but nothing says that he is right either.

£35 million to build a new stadium, it would make more financial sense if they bought the Ricoh Arena (i.e. ACL) from Wasps for a lot less. It will be more than they would have paid a few years ago but I'm sure Wasps would accept, £10M or £15M.

Kingokings204

Very interesting viewpoint but nothing says that he is right either.

£35 million to build a new stadium, it would make more financial sense if they bought the Ricoh Arena (i.e. ACL) from Wasps for a lot less. It will be more than they would have paid a few years ago but I'm sure Wasps would accept, £10M or £15M.

They probably would accept it but sisu don't want to part with a penny hence all the talk of another company building it the mythical new stadium.

As for kresner seems a prick but who has been successful at Leeds in the last 10 years. No one. He states he obvious if you read his comments which 95% of us knew anyway.

Sisu need to get back into the championship with us and quick.

Moff

Krasner talks as if SISU have a master plan and understand football. That is the failing of his piece.

SISU have never had a plan, nor understood football or its fans, they just run down fuck up road jumping from one shambles to another, with a twat as a mouthpiece.

skybluelee

Krasner talks as if SISU have a master plan and understand football. That is the failing of his piece.

SISU have never had a plan, nor understood football or its fans, they just run down fuck up road jumping from one shambles to another, with a twat as a mouthpiece.

My favourite post of the month.

Malaka

The scary thing is that if and when a new stadium is built it will not be owned by CCFC, it will be extortionately rented out to CCFC.

Captain Dart

It's almost like we didn't lose millions when we were in The Championship really.

Is this the same Gerald Krasner who was the highly successful Chairman of Leeds United a few years back?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Krasner
Leeds United Takeover

In 2004, Krasner led the consortium of local businessmen which successfully took over the club. Krasner's reign witnessed the relegation of Leeds United from the English Premier League when a 3-3 draw against Charlton Athletic wasn't enough to beat the drop to Division One (6) (since re-branded the Coca Cola Championship ). Popular choice and Leeds legend Eddie Gray failed to rejuvenate the club after he was called in to a caretaker manager role, replacing the sacked Peter Reid midway through a torrid 2003/2004 season. Gray was largely blameless for the performance of the team, with the entire foundation being sold out from underneath him. The players faced the prospect that their wages might not be paid from one month to the next, as Leeds United seemed on the verge of terminal liquidation.
In the event under Krasner's stewardship Leeds United managed to tread softly until they could be thrashed out for their now clearly unrepayable debts. Large amounts of which had to be effectively written off by the clubs debts as they had been taken out in the name of the now insolvent LUFC PLC. Krasner and his consortium eventually sold the club to former Chelsea supremo Ken Bates, a flamboyant character who had himself recently sold Chelsea FC to billionaire Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich. Chelsea had reportedly been carrying similar levels of debt to Leeds before Abramovich transformed the west London team into a strong force in English football. Bates had been in the market to invest after being ousted from his position at Chelsea by Abramovich.
By this time, and perhaps to his credit, Krasner's essential mission; managing the clubs massive debts to acceptable levels, was now accomplished. Like his predecessor Professor McKenzie, his appointment and the consortium he led, were little more than a stop-gap solution. Krasner's personality or background were never that of the traditional "footballing chairman". His consortium lacked the financial muscle for the re-investment needed in the team to prevent it from slipping further down the footballing divisions. Due to these realities, he and his board were more open to the advances of Bates than the South Yorkshire outfit. Kenneth Bates was unveiled as Leeds United's new owner and chairman in 2005 and continues in that role to the present date.
It is doubtful that supporters of Leeds United will ever look back on the "Krasner era" with much fondness. These were arguably the darkest days in the entire history of the football club. But from a financial perspective it could be said that Gerald Krasner and his consortium were successful in their aim when they launched their takeover, which was to save the club from the very real possibility of extinction. Krasner has since retired from the public spotlight to focus on his previous role at Bartfields.

The bottom line being he achieved his aim of saving the club from the real possibility of extinction following the financial mess Risdale left..

Last edited:

chiefdave

I'm not sure if I was after an expert Krasner would be the person I'd be talking to. He got Leeds relegated and very nearly took them completely out of existence! He says we shouldn't sell academy players yet sold all the decent Leeds players out from underneath Eddie Gray. Not to mention he very nearly got Bournemouth liquidated.

The part about trading insolently raises two questions. Firstly isn't he essentially agreeing with Fisher here that the club in its present state does not generate enough revenue. His solution is different, in that he suggests going for promotion (ignoring the claims of a top 6 budget and the fact we were not much more financially viable when playing in the championship) but essentially he's supporting Fishers view. Secondly could you not make the same claim about numerous clubs, how many clubs would be financially viable without the owners covering losses?

Would be interesting to see how he has calculated a minimum spend of £35m for a stadium. Has he just made up a figure or actually researched it? Of course that ignores the fact that we have been told that the club wouldn't be funding that and would instead be paying for a lease from the company who carried out the build.

torchomatic

FFS, not this again. And where have we been since 2005? We will NEVER own our own stadium again no matter who owns CCFC. Same applies to the majority of stadia.

The scary thing is that if and when a new stadium is built it will not be owned by CCFC, it will be extortionately rented out to CCFC.

Gosford Green

They would be renting stadium miles form Coventry that would be probably empty.

The article suggested what fans want, a successful team playing in Coventry.

torchomatic

Malaka

FFS, not this again. And where have we been since 2005? We will NEVER own our own stadium again no matter who owns CCFC. Same applies to the majority of stadia.

Who pissed on your chips? Don't tell me off like you are my Dad, you are not the all seeing all knowing Oracle that you think you are or are you?
Success is built on owning your own stadium with one or two exceptions if you are a massive club its not so important, if you aint a massive club you need the income from your stadium.
Now kindly go and fuck yourself!

italiahorse

We have a better deal, costs have been cut and a sensible business plan for the future will see us through.

stupot07

What an odd article. Basically PL or bust, couldn't that apply to any club outside the PL?

What we do know is that FFP rules limit you to spending 60% of your turnover on wages in league one.

In the championship FFP rules allows you to lose £13m pa (not sure of that include transfers) So from the point of view that our turnover (£10.5m) is one of the lowest 3-4 in the championship it would mean stretching that entire £13m (c£23.5m pa inc turnover)which in all likelihood wouldn't be enough as there are already a large number of clubs with turnovers of £20m+ before they even stretch their losses with the allowable £13m, plus the parachute payment clubs.

What happens in 3-4 seasons and we've wasted £39-52m and we've still not been promoted. There are no guarantees of promotion.

Sounds like boom and bust to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

Who pissed on your chips? Don't tell me off like you are my Dad, you are not the all seeing all knowing Oracle that you think you are or are you?
Success is built on owning your own stadium with one or two exceptions if you are a massive club its not so important, if you aint a massive club you need the income from your stadium.
Now kindly go and fuck yourself!

He is right and your missing the point.

Sisu 'may' build the stadium but CCFC will never own it.
We will rent it off them and I will be surprised if they rent it back for the current rent £100,000 per year particularly as their interest payments will be north of £1M per year
The related incomes we get from the stadium will be at the gift of Sisu.

italiahorse

What an odd article. Basically PL or bust, couldn't that apply to any club outside the PL?

What we do know is that FFP rules limit you to spending 60% of your turnover on wages in league one.

In the championship FFP rules allows you to lose £13m pa (not sure of that include transfers) So from the point of view that our turnover (£10.5m) is one of the lowest 3-4 in the championship it would mean stretching that entire £13m (c£23.5m pa inc turnover)which in all likelihood wouldn't be enough as there are already a large number of clubs with turnovers of £20m+ before they even stretch their losses with the allowable £13m, plus the parachute payment clubs.

What happens in 3-4 seasons and we've wasted £39-52m and we've still not been promoted. There are no guarantees of promotion.

Sounds like boom and bust to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

We are going bust so we might as well try for boom.

Hobo

Yes, Leeds may not have had success on the pitch, but his consortium inherited a Leeds with massive debts. His success was he basically prevented them from becoming extinct and reduced the debt. So he probably is a bit of an expert to be fair.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, Leeds may not have had success on the pitch, but his consortium inherited a Leeds with massive debts. His success was he basically prevented them from becoming extinct and reduced the debt. So he probably is a bit of an expert to be fair.

SISU havent not had success on the pitch but haven't they stopped us from becoming extinct and reduced the debt? Wouldn't say they were experts.

Users who are viewing this thread