Match Thread Coventry City - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread - Wednesday 4th Oct (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Can SBP on anyone explain why it took City players to get the ref to go and see the linesman. If they hadn't he would have let the wrong decision go.If he the ref. did not see it (where I sat the ref. had a clear view)The linesman had plenty of time to call him over and didn't why?
Can only surmise he communicated through his ear piece or buzzer to say come over

ref clearly unsighted

Wilson put ball down for free kick as he went over

BackRoomRummermill

Finally got a second to post something.

Broke a 60 year record last night and left before 90 minutes, something I have never done before, in fact make a point of not doing so.

The game was pretty dire and both sides bang average. It has come to a pass when Wilson becomes our most influential midfielder, although I was not averse to us going long ball as the midfield was struggling to get through. Allen - Ayari - Eccles will get mullered by Norwich. I'd prefer a four man midfield and one up front, a role better suited to Wright than Simms

Who had quite good games? Wilson, Eccles, Lati (considering he was out of position) and Binks. Da Silva is superb going forward, the real 'go to' man, not so sure about his defence though

Not so good? Thomas always has an error in him, Ayari is too lightweight for now,

The others left no mark. Simms has it in him to be real trouble for defences at this level, however he does not seem to either have fast enough feet or be able to get his body into the right position to shoot
What about Godden ?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I really think Godden looked a second rate forward last night, like Blackburn's defence were a level above him. Not a direct criticism of Godden, I think he's been great but just didn't contribute much last night - same as Saturday. I don't understand why Robin's won't take him off in games like that.

Wright appears to have become the forum punching bag, probably the same people who chant the Haji Wright song at the matc
h. He actually looked good, the goal required perfect positioning and he held his nerve well - didn't just thrash at it. He looked good the rest of the time, but clearly requires game time and needs to get up to speed. Sometimes his decision making wasn't ideal. He looks like he can go past a player one on one with a combination of pace and strength, I think that would make him a possible candidate for one up front if ever required.
Well, if that were the case it's better than the other way round.

Grendel

Last comment from me of the evening.

For those who refuse to want to see Wright and Simms together after the late substitution. Last two games 2 goals for Simms and a goal for Wright. No goals for Godden. 6 points on the table. First back to back wins of the season. What more evidence do you need?

backing up homer simpson GIF

Users who are viewing this thread