Match Thread Coventry City - Birmingham City Match Thread - Friday 8th Dec (3 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Robins has made several mistakes this season.

The obsession to dispose of Bidwell now looks ridiculous

He left Kitching on the bench for ages as I suspect he was not looking great in the original formation

Palmer is just not up to it but was always selected

The forwards still have a lot to prove
Palmer was playing because we had nobody else. Allen was out and O'Hare was out. As we'll see with those two fit it's going to be rare to see Palmer start.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Boicey

Palmer was playing because we had nobody else. Allen was out and O'Hare was out. As we'll see with those two fit it's going to be rare to see Palmer start.

I assume you missed Robins post match interview where he positively mentioned Palmer's come back several times.

shmmeee

Heard Vincent Kompany was in the stands keeping tabs on COH for a Jan bid. Not sure if true. Guess he must have been pleased with what he saw.

We should hire a body double to sit in the stands every game just to get the best out of O’Hare

skybluegod

I’m sorry, that was one of the clearest handballs I have ever seen. I was pretty much directly in line with it and behind the linesman. The arm was extended away from the body and moved toward the ball before making contact. Everybody around me agreed it was an absolutely clear handball. I would have expected a penalty to be given if that had been our own player in our own box

Well done for completely ignoring my response and just repeating the same thing. I have said it's a penalty, but I have also said I can't tell you whether the assistant can see it. You being in line means nothing from the angle or assistant on the pitch. There is no way the ref could see it that's for sure.

shmmeee

Well done for completely ignoring my response and just repeating the same thing. I have said it's a penalty, but I have also said I can't tell you whether the assistant can see it. You being in line means nothing from the angle or assistant on the pitch. There is no way the ref could see it that's for sure.

I sit about three rows from the front in the corner by the family corner. I can barely tell if we are 30 yards from goal or in the six yard box from where I am and it was clear as day from there.

MalcSB

i didn’t see you say it was a penalty.

Referee seems pretty well positioned to me, as does the linesman

Attachments

• View recent photos 2.png
    View recent photos 2.png
    5 MB · Views: 30
  • View recent photos 3.png
    View recent photos 3.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 30

TomRad85

If Japan had people watching Sakamoto and Miyoshi I'd find it very hard to believe Miyoshi is in the next squad but Sakamoto isn't. Also Miyoshi is an ugly fucker, Sakamoto could be in a Japanese boy band.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

his post interview suggests otherwise

Warwickhunt

If Japan had people watching Sakamoto and Miyoshi I'd find it very hard to believe Miyoshi is in the next squad but Sakamoto isn't. Also Miyoshi is an ugly fucker, Sakamoto could be in a Japanese boy band.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Didn't know plug ugly was a requirement to be and international but do agree with your sentiment😉

Calista

I’m sorry, that was one of the clearest handballs I have ever seen. I was pretty much directly in line with it and behind the linesman. The arm was extended away from the body and moved toward the ball before making contact. Everybody around me agreed it was an absolutely clear handball.
Maybe it’s a penalty under the current rules and maybe it isn’t. That’s not even the point. It’s the desire of some people to have a moan about a fine ref, even after a comfortable home win.

I presume everybody around you was a Coventry City fan. He tries to chest it and doesn’t quite get to it. His arm’s almost behind his back, and contrary to what you say it doesn’t come away from his body till after the ball has gone and he turns to chase it. If that’s one of the clearest handballs you have ever seen, fair enough.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    831.2 KB · Views: 25

MalcSB

Maybe it’s a penalty under the current rules and maybe it isn’t. That’s not even the point. It’s the desire of some people to have a moan about a fine ref, even after a comfortable home win.

I presume everybody around you was a Coventry City fan. He tries to chest it and doesn’t quite get to it. His arm’s almost behind his back, and contrary to what you say it doesn’t come away from his body till after the ball has gone and he turns to chase it. If that’s one of the clearest handballs you have ever seen, fair enough.
The problem is that, at the time, we were only 1 goal up. It would be typical for us to not be given a penalty, or concede a non penalty, and go on to lose. The referee was generally good, but he and his team got this one wrong.

Calista

The problem is that, at the time, we were only 1 goal up. It would be typical for us to not be given a penalty, or concede a non penalty, and go on to lose. The referee was generally good, but he and his team got this one wrong.
OK, so in those pictures you can still see the arm extending away from the body and moving toward the ball before making contact?

I don't blame the officials one iota in this case, and I wouldn't have done if we'd lost. The notion that we typically get unfair treatment from refs is ludicrous.

MalcSB

OK, so in those pictures you can still see the arm extending away from the body and moving toward the ball before making contact?

I don't blame the officials one iota in this case, and I wouldn't have done if we'd lost. The notion that we typically get unfair treatment from refs is ludicrous.
The pictures show the location of the match officials. Obviously a still, by definition, won’t show movement, but they should have had a good view of what happened.
In my view we have lost a number of points following poor refereeing decisions, coupled with an inability to score as many goals as we should have.

Flying Fokker

For all the criticism our strikers get, it is an eye opener to see the Villa and Arsenal strikers struggling in today’s match. Shots blocked in the same way that wrights were yesterday. Weak shots and poor control… it must be catching?

Flying Fokker

Not sure I’ve said otherwise.
You’re right. You may not have said otherwise…come to think of it, I didn’t think you said otherwise. Now i’m doubting that I didn’t think you thought otherwise. Hope that’s clearer now?

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd rather iron the wrinkles out of my ball sack than go on an away day with those cretins.
And I say that as someone whose away day group is generously blessed in the cretin department
To be fair, Daveo had a nice set of dentures, and liked his beer by the sound of him. His mate, who needed a shave, had a dry sense of humour, and looked like he'd seen Blues for long enough to have had his fill of life. I strangely liked them (they have a large following of arsey gits though)

Users who are viewing this thread