Match Thread Coventry City at Newport County Match Thread - Friday 30th Mar (2 Viewers)

CCFC54321

This game is against a dog of a side on the downward slope but like every club in this league Coventry City are coming to town and there’ll raise there game in an attempt to not only win but to raise there profile in front of Mark Robins in an attempt to get a move close season to CCFC. It happens all the time at this time of the season. We’re the biggest club in this division and rightly players were playing against will want to join us. Newport with respect will be the same. I don’t feel confident Friday but that’s following city for you.

I’d take a draw Friday right now but two wins over Easter will then give us a slight chance of that third place.

itsabuzzard

burge drove past me this morning, i gave him thumbs up, he gave it back

add this to meeting him in barber shop and him nearly runnign me over outide ricoh after forest green game and i have never had such a close relationship with a player

for me he has overtaken oggy in legend status now and we will beat newport!!!!!!
You're a bit wierd, if you don't mind me saying so.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Weather forecast looks doesnt look good.

Its gonna be a shit pitch vs shit team in shit conditions with a shit referee meaning a shit game! But as long as we win all that matters and will be biggest win of season yet.

Terry_dactyl

Slightly off topic but I’m bringing my kids to this one. It’ll be their first game. They are 15 (she’s managed to dodge this bullet for a while) and 6. We don’t live too far away so I’ve told them we can leave at half time if they hate it. I want to confess...there’s no fucking way we are leaving at halftime.
I’m also wondering how tight stewards are on taking things into a ground. Are they likely to take my 6 year olds toys off him if he brought them...I’m thinking of action figures as opposed to a bike or something? I fear he’ll be bored shitless. The 15 year old will definitely be bored but I can cope with her disinterested manner more easily than the boy trying to distract me.
I’m a wonderful father.

robbiethemole

"former Coventry City favourite"................... WTF , that's giving the twat status he never had. how many fans had him as their favourite player?? fucking lazy bastard who fell over his own legs.(we've had a few of them)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I hope Nouble gets roasted all game. I'm sure we can change some of the words to our songs, replacing 'Slade' with 'Nouble'.

I'm so looking forward to this!

chiefdave

Slightly off topic but I’m bringing my kids to this one. It’ll be their first game. They are 15 (she’s managed to dodge this bullet for a while) and 6. We don’t live too far away so I’ve told them we can leave at half time if they hate it. I want to confess...there’s no fucking way we are leaving at halftime.
I’m also wondering how tight stewards are on taking things into a ground. Are they likely to take my 6 year olds toys off him if he brought them...I’m thinking of action figures as opposed to a bike or something? I fear he’ll be bored shitless. The 15 year old will definitely be bored but I can cope with her disinterested manner more easily than the boy trying to distract me.
I’m a wonderful father.
Should be fine. This is from the ground regulations:
The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

I've also just learnt that it is criminal offence to try to enter the ground when drunk or to be inside the ground while drunk.

Liquid Gold

Should be fine. This is from the ground regulations:
The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

I've also just learnt that it is criminal offence to try to enter the ground when drunk or to be inside the ground while drunk.
Everything is a weapon in the right hands
giphy.gif

eastwoodsdustman

I'm starting to get excited about every game now. We're on a roll and every game has so much riding on it. I'm only used to last gasp relegation battles and it's a nice feeling to be fighting for something positive for a change.

baldy

This game is against a dog of a side on the downward slope but like every club in this league Coventry City are coming to town and there’ll raise there game in an attempt to not only win but to raise there profile in front of Mark Robins in an attempt to get a move close season to CCFC. It happens all the time at this time of the season. We’re the biggest club in this division and rightly players were playing against will want to join us. Newport with respect will be the same. I don’t feel confident Friday but that’s following city for you.

I’d take a draw Friday right now but two wins over Easter will then give us a slight chance of that third place.

A bit presumptious saying that both Robins would be interested in any Newport players and also that they'd be interested in going to Cov :/

Paxman II

The mood in the squad suggest we are up for the task with promotion in our sites. Don't think we will have any slip ups here.
1 or 2 nil win.

Great_Expectations

I’ve always thought Nouble was a tosser. He was lazy with a massive chip on his shoulder (God knows why).

I hope it gives our players extra incentive, especially those who were here when he was. Although off the top of my head I’m not sure who would have been, maybe Burge, Willis and the youngsters (who would have been in the academy at the time).

Users who are viewing this thread