Match Thread Coventry City at MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 27th Jan (1 Viewer)

ccfcchris

Things might not be going too well for MK Dons in League One this season – the Dons are currently inside the relegation zone and have won just one of their last 11 matches in the league – but they did get the better of Championship opposition in the last round of this competition. Having beaten QPR, Robbie Neilson’s men should fancy themselves to come out on top at home against League Two’s Coventry.

Coventry also got the better of opposition from a higher level in the previous round, as they overcame Premier League Stoke by two goals to one. Frankly, beating a Premier League side, even one who’ve done as poorly as Stoke in recent times, is far more impressive than beating a side from England’s second tier. With that encouraging result behind them, the visitors are also likely to be feeling confident ahead of this match.

Realistically, although these teams are operating in different divisions, there probably isn’t too much between them at all. MK Dons are struggling towards the foot of League One, while Coventry are competing towards the top of League Two. Keeping this in mind, it’s easy to fancy the fourth division side in the betting. Backing Mark Robins’ men on the ‘Draw No Bet’ market catches the eye.

The difference between the two could be the visitors’ defensive solidity. Coventry may not have scored a tremendous amount of goals in their bid to return to League One, but they’ve been very, very tough to beat in England’s fourth tier this season. With MK Dons offering little going forward of late, the visiting side ought to fancy their chances of keeping things tight.

Mk Dons did manage to find the net against QPR in the previous round, but they were anything but convincing in doing so. Neilson’s men have found both scoring goals and creating high-quality scoring opportunities hard to do this season. Only four teams in League One have scored less goals than MK Dons during the current campaign. Things have really slowed in recent weeks as Saturday’s hosts have scored just four goals in their last 540+ minutes of football. Their last two matches against Wimbledon and Northampton, two of League One’s lesser sides, have done anything but create a positive impression.

As far as form goes, Coventry are the ones who come here in better shape. The League Two side really do have nothing to fear ahead of their match at Stadium mk. The visitors have been defending reasonably well of late, as they come here off the back of conceding just three goals in their last five matches. Against Stoke in the last round, Robins’ side also showed their ability to hit on the break. With the hosts likely to be tasked with forcing the issue on Saturday, such a tactic could be viable in this fixture too.

All in all, even with MK Dons plying their trade at the higher level, it’s very hard to get excited about the chances of the lacklustre hosts, who simply make no appeal at the prices. Backing the League Two side with the insurance that ‘Draw No Bet’ provides is something of a no-brainer.

MK Dons vs Coventry Predictions, Betting Tips and Match Previews

steve82

30 mins walk. Should be fine.

Unless there are any leaves on the track of course.

It actually is a issue in some areas of the country still depending on the type of track set up that gives the signaller indication what section the train is in.

jordan210

Gutted I can’t go today.

Think it’s going to be a close scrappy game with a goal in it.

So 1-0 cov. Around the 75 min mark

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Good luck to the lads today. This is winnable.

1:2 win with mcnulty & biamou to score

Skyblueweeman

Already a lot of Cov fans around the ground. Just having me pre match meal at Chimichangas opposite the ground!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Have I missed something? SSN are saying McDonald is out with a groin strain.

Is that just old news that hasn't been updated?

lifeskyblue

Strong team I think. Interesting to see Barrett and Baylis together. Could be very exciting if Doyle and Kelly break up play well.

Liquid Gold

So good to have players like Kelly and McDonald to bring back into the team. This squad is so much better than last year.

SkyBlueSoul

Comedy moment on cwr, Benno not being plugged in. Linnel starts filling while you can just hear Clive in the background going “right that goes in there...and this goes there...and this goes in here...”

Esoterica

Comedy moment on cwr, Benno not being plugged in. Linnel starts filling while you can just hear Clive in the background going “right that goes in there...and this goes there...and this goes in here...”

That was just Clive putting his pencil sharpener away after he'd sharpened a pencil.

Skyblueweeman

ee72bb7e5feae31e966e427ba6197764.jpg

covcity4life

Hmmm davies been playing well not sure he shpuld be dropped

Shame.maguire drew injured

And not sure what LOB did vs stoke deserved to be dropped

Users who are viewing this thread