Match Thread Coventry City at Blackpool Match Thread - Tuesday 21st Aug (2 Viewers)

CovInEssex

I'm in a premier inn tomorrow night in Stockport...I couldn't slip away for a couple of hours, could I?

giphy.gif

Grendel

I'm in a premier inn tomorrow night in Stockport...I couldn't slip away for a couple of hours, could I?

giphy.gif

I would if you were in Stockport and you certainly won’t be meeting her there

covcity4life

How is it kneejerk?

All I've said is that after 3 games he's not done anything to prove he is better.

Is that wrong?
No you saod they are worse

You did not say right now they seem.worse you just said they are worse straight up

And you are knee-jerk. U panicked soon as mcnukty sold and then relaxed when we signed players you never seen play and now you don't think they have goals in them etc

1 w 1 d 1 l

Think a lot of posters need to chill out that's all

skybluepm2

Would be over the moon with a victory tonight, with another clean sheet and a couple of goals from open play. Potentially a good time to play Blackpool, who are struggling to score themselves, have yet to win a game in the league and have recently lost their manager.

In reality though, I think we will earn a 1-1 draw, which wouldn’t be the end of the world. Line-up wise, I wouldn’t change it too much, perhaps give one of the full backs a breather and Thomas a start to show what he can do.

Warwickhunt

0 - 0 hoping we can get a lucky breakway at then end but a clean sheet is brilliant at this time in the season. Its about maintaining a decent position in the league whilst we are knitting the team plays together. keep out of the bottom 5/6 as it is so difficult to claw your way out of it all season. 10th and above is where we need to be after 10 games

SkyBlueCRJ

Although it's clear Allassani ripped it up yesterday I'd still be hesitant about dropping him straight into the Starting XI against Blackpool. Despite people's reservations of Hiwula, he's a good player that just seems to lack match sharpness from a first look. No matter who you play the U23's is a different ball game to that of first team football. It's quicker, more competitive and far more physical - especially in comparison to League One. But we'll see as Hiwula obviously isn't a winger and if Allassani continues to perform he'd be the obvious choice to replace him on the left. An argument could be made that Thomas was is in the same boat given his lack of experience in a reputable league prior to joining us but at the end of the day no player is two of the same and I'd rather bed players into the fabric of the squad rather than throw them in the deep end and watch their confidence crumble once they fall out of form and the fans get on their backs.

block16

I hope Thomas plays suppose it depends on his fitness. Will Doyle play? Who would step in for Doyle? Lot of questions about the starting 11 but I think we have enough to win. Must keep concentration last 20 on Saturday we were dreadful at keeping possession. Hiwula cant give up on him yet- he had a good first half on Saturday. Bakayoko to score in a 1-0 win

Pete in Portugal

Although it's clear Allassani ripped it up yesterday I'd still be hesitant about dropping him straight into the Starting XI against Blackpool. Despite people's reservations of Hiwula, he's a good player that just seems to lack match sharpness from a first look. No matter who you play the U23's is a different ball game to that of first team football. It's quicker, more competitive and far more physical - especially in comparison to League One. But we'll see as Hiwula obviously isn't a winger and if Allassani continues to perform he'd be the obvious choice to replace him on the left. An argument could be made that Thomas was is in the same boat given his lack of experience in a reputable league prior to joining us but at the end of the day no player is two of the same and I'd rather bed players into the fabric of the squad rather than throw them in the deep end and watch their confidence crumble once they fall out of form and the fans get on their backs.

Personally, I'd say Shipley is the obvious contender for Hiwula's place. Especially in a tough away match when protection for Mason is important.

Pete in Portugal

I don’t know why Hiwula is being written off. He’s our only player with goal scoring pedigree in this league and is being played out of position.

I hope you didn't think I was writing off Hiwula. I just think LM is not his position and that for the game tonight, Shipley would be a better option in that position. If you accept that, then the question is where Hiwula should play and who should be dropped? Frankly, I don't have an answer to that, but maybe you do?

Liquid Gold

I hope you didn't think I was writing off Hiwula. I just think LM is not his position and that for the game tonight, Shipley would be a better option in that position. If you accept that, then the question is where Hiwula should play and who should be dropped? Frankly, I don't have an answer to that, but maybe you do?
I'd play shipley on the left and Hiwula up top. The problem lies with Robins signing too many strikers when we only play with 1.

Grendel

I don’t think there are 11 players he likes.

There clearly are. I’m just not obsessed with non achievers as they smile and wave a lot.

skybluegod

I don't think Bakayoko is the answer, neither see the point in Sterling or Mason either. All 3 players are worse than what we had last season and we are a league higher. That's not really going to work out for us.

LOB
Grimmer Willis Davies Brown
Ogogo Doyle
Bayliss Andreu Thomas
Hiwula

Mason had a good game on Saturday, is defo an upgrade on Haynes and Stokes. His Crossing was poor, but handled their attacks pretty well.

Sterling is no worse than Grimmer, lacking experience in some areas, but as the season goes on I expect he will get a lot better, and will likely be a better option.

skybluegod

I think go with the same team as Saturday, it was a good performance, and was starting to click, really should have been more comfortable, however, if as Rboins said some of them are feeling the affects of the last few games, then maybe a bit of rotation wouldn't be bad. Bayliss picked up a bit of a knock, so may only be on the bench?
I think Hiwula played well on Saturday, so although Shipley was impressive when he came on I wouldn't change that either.

Sky Blue Harry H

There clearly are. I’m just not obsessed with non achievers as they smile and wave a lot.
Not asking you to be obsessed, but people (me included)are curious as to the line up you'd pick. Go on G, be brave!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The players who finished Saturday would be my starting line up, unless Davies was fit, then I might put him in for Willis.

The front three of Shipley Biamou and Thomas offered us a decent threat with Bayliss moving inside.

Might even see Doyle rested tonight? Lesser opposition who are struggling this season and in turmoil after their gaffer walked so close to the start of the season.

Garryb80

What were the other 2 easy chances he had on Saturday Garry?
Well he shot straight at the keeper with 2 chances. Aside from this he also doesnt make challenges and doesnt offer much. If bakayoko or hiwula missed the chance he did there would be 25 pages demanding they are sold

SlowerThanPlatt

Well he shot straight at the keeper with 2 chances. Aside from this he also doesnt make challenges and doesnt offer much. If bakayoko or hiwula missed the chance he did there would be 25 pages demanding they are sold

If you shoot straight at the goalkeeper that makes it an easy chance?

Both shots were saved for corners so couldn’t have that been straight forward

jimmy the gonna

Mason had a good game on Saturday, is defo an upgrade on Haynes and Stokes. His Crossing was poor, but handled their attacks pretty well.

Sterling is no worse than Grimmer, lacking experience in some areas, but as the season goes on I expect he will get a lot better, and will likely be a better option.

Mason looks alright to me, his crossing was woeful, but looks hard to beat - Good little tenacious full back.

If he could improve going forward, I think he will be a big improvement on last season.

Users who are viewing this thread