Coventry attendance at Sixfields ‘to be smallest in league history’ (1 Viewer)

James Smith

People are free to make their own choice - I think "some people are so committed to the support of their club...." are the ones who aren't going. Believe me having supported the club for forty years making the decision not to go has been really tough and it would be easier to keep the blinkers on, go to Sixfields and let others do my protesting for me. obviously some people see it differently but I can't hide the fact that I am frustrated that we couldn't all stick together on this.

Never said I agree with their decision just that I don't think we should be naming people in a negative way just for supporting our club. Now personally I'd rather they didn't go and went with me and thousands of others to watch a cracking game of Football involving city legends of the past at the Ricoh This Sunday at 2pm in aid of worthwhile causes for just a £5 note each and only £3 for kids. I'd rather there was just Young Timothy at Sixfields on his own with just the away support and his dog for company. Maybe that would get the message to him and his friend Joy that they aren't wanted at Coventry and they'd bugger off.

I'm close to 40 years as a supporter and this will be the first time I've been to a match somewhere other than where we're playing at the same time. If I've been able to get to a Coventry City game I've gone to it.

Last edited:

Spionkop

To me this Northampton thing is so catastrophic I think 'naming and shaming' those misguided people who go is the very least we should do. They are aiding and abetting Sisu.
They are so very wrong. A crime against our club. Putting their self interest before the long term well being of the club.

Sub

i hate sisu as much as the next person but naming and shaming people?? wtf really ? if people want to go they will go. we do live in a democracy or i thought we did. in my mind it will not help get rid of SISU if they go but it is their choice, this slating of people who go to sixfields is boarding on complete and utter madness now there will be so few there the damage of no money from the majority of fans not going will outway the few that are a few hundred compared to say 9000 not going that is a big hit and good for the NOPM campaign, people will do what they want and if they are doing what they believe is correct then fair play to them. i will be at the ricoh on sunday am i wrong for going there instead of going to sixfields ?? in some peoples eyes yes but in others no, just remember you cant please all the people all of the time :)

Last edited:

covmark

To me this Northampton thing is so catastrophic I think 'naming and shaming' those misguided people who go is the very least we should do. They are aiding and abetting Sisu.
They are so very wrong. A crime against our club. Putting their self interest before the long term well being of the club.
you should be named and shamed for coming up with such a bullshit post

Spionkop

I stand by every word. Selfish, self centred fans who care nothing about their club. Playing right into the hands of Sisu. Spineless.

skybluelee

But naming these people won't shame them because presumably they are quite happy with their decision to go.

ESB

Personal choice, but suggest a long assessment of values & integrity.
Supporting a team for me is standing together, I've always been proud of a city where people (by and large) do the right thing.
Going because you've always gone is just vanity.

valiant15

We deserve better than sisu. If the club drops a league by us starving the owners out then so be it. Short turn pain for long term gain.

torchomatic

Fuck me there are some <edit>annoying people</edit> on here. No one should attack anyone for going to see their team. It's a personal choice. Personally, I don't think people should go to away games either, but that doesn't sit well with the moralists who slag people off for going to Sixfields but are quite happy going to watch the team on their terms. They justify their own stance while having a go at others. Shameful.

I'm not going but I certainly won't be attacking anyone that does.

Last edited:

AndreasB

"Named and Shamed" "Values and integrity" whos values exactly? those who stood by and cheered on Marlon King? Those who attended (5000+) the MK Dons game despite their owner doing the same as SISU?

Oh yes our moral compass is all over the place. I suggest that those who go to Sixfields are as true a fans as anyone on here. Intimidation and veiled threats is an outrageous and cowardly action. Protesting is easy if it means sitting on your fat arse and thinking you are doing your bit.

simple_simon

What happens if no fans turn up? Ever. Club goes out of business.

The players and the fans deserve better than that.

Rubbish. If no one turned up the FL would have mo choice but to revert there decision and tell Coventry to play at Ricoh.
Those who o are just helping Fisher keep the FL sweet.

sky blue john

i hate sisu as much as the next person but naming
and shaming people?? wtf really ? if people want to go they will go. we do live in a democracy or i thought we did. in my mind it will not help get rid of SISU if they go but it is their choice, this slating of people who go to sixfields is boarding on complete and utter madness now there will be so few there the damage of no money from the majority of fans not going will outway the few that are a few hundred compared to say 9000 not going that is a big hit and good for the NOPM campaign, people will do what they want and if they are doing what they believe is correct then fair play to them. i will be at the ricoh on sunday am i wrong for going there instead of going to sixfields ?? in some peoples eyes yes but in others no, just remember you cant please all the people all of the time :)

Perfectly put Sub.
Torches post i liked aswell but he took it to far with the tossers remark !!!!

torchomatic

Sorry, John. Just annoys me when people start telling others how they should act. Andreas made a good point about MK Dons. I hope all those who are on a higher moral plain than us mere mortals dq not buy tickets for the MK Dons away game as they did what SISU did. Betcha they won't though.

I've edited my original post.

Perfectly put Sub.
Torches post i liked aswell but he took it to far with the tossers remark !!!!

sky blue john

Sorry, John. Just annoys me when people
start telling others how they should act. Andreas made a good point about MK Dons. I hope all those who are on a higher moral plain than us mere mortals dq not buy tickets for the MK Dons away game as they did what SISU did. Betcha they won't though.

I've edited my original post.

Agreed how can we ask fans of other clubs to boycott when we took a big crowd to mk dons.

torchomatic

integrity? You can't even fucking spell the word.

Question do you do something knowing what you do is morally bankrupt ( no pun intended)?

it comes down to personal intgrity, sorry if needs to be stated this bluntly.

sky blue john

The away support average should be lower this season anyway. I hardly think sixfields will have the same draw to away supporters that the Ricoh had !!!

covhead1

I think there are lot of comments that are a bit OTT, but its a crazy time for us City fans at the mo,
so there's bound to be a few strong words.

Its ok, hopefully soon we'll all be laughing about all this shit were having to put up with.

REMEMBER WE ARE ALL CCFC SUPPORTERS!

Grendel

Are you true sky blue? It seems your persona is the exact opposite as his but your statements are as equally extreme.

If you really mean what you have just said I feel sorry for you. Football fans are not I believe up there with war criminals.

Delboycov

Certainly don't agree with 'naming and shaming'...we're not talking about members of Al Quaida here we're talking about fellow CCFC fans! Besides the few I've spoken to are wearing their committment to attend like some sort of badge of honour...a validation that they are the 'true' fans of the club and some smugly look down on the rest of us 'plastics'. Personally I don't agree with them
and firmly believe that they are giving a mandate to SISU to move us from our city for as long as they want and perhaps even permanently. Each to their own though and I respect that it should be a personal choice.

However I cannot believe that those fans have made the choice to go to sixfields on Sunday when we have an opportunity to show TF et al how we feel about this potentially suicidal move by filling the Ricoh for the charity game. One game...one sodding game...it's not going to kill them is it?! By all means attend every game from now until the end of the season but if you really fear for the future of the club then at least stand side by side with the vast majority on Sunday and send out a clear message that we won't tolerate being trampled on in the way we are right now.

Ashdown1

The MK Dons situation was long past irreversible by the time we flooded the place, even Wimbledon took big numbers last year. Our plight is in the present and a message has to be sent to the hedge fund now !!!....................................Fuck Off !!!!

torchomatic

The MK Dons situation was long past irreversible by the time we flooded the place, even Wimbledon took big numbers last year. Our plight is in the present and a message has to be sent to the hedge fund now !!!....................................Fuck Off !!!!

Im sure Wimbledon fans woukd disagree with it being long past. They'll never forget like we won't. So I hope when it comes to that match City fans won't give money to a franchise.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

theferret

Im sure Wimbledon fans woukd disagree with it being long past. They'll never forget like we won't. So I hope when it comes to that match City fans won't give money to a franchise.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

His point was a good one though - AFC fans traveled to MK in big numbers last season - and if anyone has reason to boycott that place it is them, and yet they didn't, so I don't think we ought really be questioning our moral compass because we turned out in numbers last season. The situations are not really comparable (in terms of the here and now).

That said, some of the stuff posted on this thread is simply pathetic. Calling people 'spineless' because they intend to travel to Northampton to watch their club (and it is still their club) is just hysterical.

njdlawyer

Lets start with a few names:-
T Fisher
Mrs Fisher
T Fisher's dog
S Waggott
Mrs Waggott
All the employees of CCFC or whatever / whoever employs them this week
All the employees of SISU Capital Ltd and all their offshoots (though not of course Joy Seppala)
The friends and family of the players

Hopefully that list will represent about 90% of the crowd on Sunday

Naming and shaming anyone else? Stupid and ridiculous idea. There are plenty of people who despise SISU, everything they have done and everything they stand for but who cannot bring themselves to stop supporting their club physically as well as mentally. I'm not one of them and I do think that each and every supporter who goes helps to give a tiny amount of credence to Fisher / SISU / Otium but they are as entitled to exhibit their support for the club in the way they see fit as I am

Rubbish. If no one turned up the FL would have mo choice but to revert there decision and tell Coventry to play at Ricoh.
Those who o are just helping Fisher keep the FL sweet.

You mean the same FL that have just done everything SISU told them to do so far, including allowing transfers during an embargo.

Takes longer than that to grow a spine and even longer to gain morals.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Fuck me there are some <edit>annoying people</edit> on here. No one should attack anyone for going to see their team. It's a personal choice. Personally, I don't think people should go to away games either, but that doesn't sit well with the moralists who slag people off for going to Sixfields but are quite happy going to watch the team on their terms. They justify their own stance while having a go at others. Shameful.

I'm not going but I certainly won't be attacking anyone that does.

But you are attacking people who go to away games only - "shameful" being the quote??

Or is "shameful" OK if applied to people who go to Northampton?

covcity4life

But you are attacking people who go to away games only - "shameful" being the quote??

Or is "shameful" OK if applied to people who go to Northampton?

he is quite clearly calling people shameful who "justify their own stance while having a go at others"

he has not attacked people who only go to away games, you have missed the whole point of his post.

Jackwellis

I intend to go to the game on Sunday, and I'll be taking some mates with me, feel free to name, shame and hate me if you wish :)

Users who are viewing this thread