Coventry attendance at Sixfields ‘to be smallest in league history’ (1 Viewer)

Seyeclops666

What happens if no fans turn up? Ever. Club goes out of business.

The players and the fans deserve better than that.

No SISU are forced to abondon their plans and sell up - the new owners will get offered a deal on haldf the stadium/lease including revenues and we have a stable club playing in the City of Coventry!! That's what the fans deserve!!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Here's a thing. Looking at the gate projected for the weekend, and ahead; the club's turnover could be as low as £1.5m thanks to this folly.

This year, with regards squad expenditure; SISU can rely on previous years turnover in a ground they refused to pay for - illegally - as part of their FFP ceiling for this coming season.

In seasons thereafter, this year's paltry turnover will be the basis for calculations. Which means the club could be hamstrung, with a relegation playing squad budget for seasons to come. Thanks Timmy.

The only way I see out of this is if the fabled shirt sponsor is a SISU-family business; and they can do the same left-pocket-right-pocket deal they did with the administration debt. Announcing a record shirt deal to boost turnover, which in actuality goes back to another Cayman Island business and thereafter to Mayfair.

So, we're either buggered for seasons to come; or sponsored by Fisher's Mum. Wonder which...

Buster

In monetary terms the diference between low gates and embarassingly low gates is negligable. However the latter will be picked up nationaly as the season goes on . National press are probably thinking tims thoughts, (the'll be back after 3 games) . When we show our resolve ,questions will be asked . That national pressure just may get to Joy . She wont enjoy the limelight

ccfcmustang

How long do we think it will be before Fisher issues a statement saying that if fans dont turn up to Northampton then the club will go out of business. Under FFP rules we cant buy anyone as we have no revenue so i promise you this now. SISU will eventually blame us fans for the club ceasing to exist.

italiahorse

How long do we think it will be before Fisher issues a statement saying that if fans dont turn up to Northampton then the club will go out of business. Under FFP rules we cant buy anyone as we have no revenue so i promise you this now. SISU will eventually blame us fans for the club ceasing to exist.

No it will always be SISU's fault because it is in there gift to send the club on to greater things. They have chose not to. The fans will always be there for the team when they come back.

italiahorse

What happens if no fans turn up? Ever. Club goes out of business.

The players and the fans deserve better than that.

No Tim will put the club out of business.
If Tim says we are now moving to Hull will you follow? If you don't will you blame yourself for not supporting the team ?

If you go to Northampton you are supporting Tim's plan so you will have to live with it when it goes tits up.

italiahorse

Can't understand why everybody can't just avoid the first match, just so we can make our point.
If you can't stop going then continue on at the second home game.
The press will only be watching this game and we will get 2 weeks of a high profile and may get something sorted.
After 2 weeks nobody will be bothered by Coventry City, similarly if there is a few thousand there it looses any impact for the press.

torchomatic

mrbluesky87

Because i want to watch and support the team.

We all do desperately, My seven year is chomping at the bit to go but its more than that, we are trying to create a situation whereby the club returns to Ricoh sooner rather than later so that everybody has chance to watch their team, we have supporters who have never missed games for 10's of years who are not going and I can only imagine how they must feel but that wont happen if people are still willing to put money in to the SISU coffers.

This isnt a dig before anybody claims it is, I am just wanting to get an idea from someone who is going without claiming one or the other is the real supporter crap that we have.

covcity4life

that stars have aligned and me and mrskyblue87 agree! we have to show them that we are not happy travelling to home games

you might be happy to go support them on sunday, but for 1 year? 2? 3? more? what if in 2 years you are like damn this is hassle,i wanna go back to ricoh, it might be too late because sisu feel they have had enough people turn out to justify the move and keep them going.

mrbluesky87

that stars have aligned and me and mrskyblue87 agree! we have to show them that we are not happy travelling to home games

you might be happy to go support them on sunday, but for 1 year? 2? 3? more? what if in 2 years you are like damn this is hassle,i wanna go back to ricoh, it might be too late because sisu feel they have had enough people turn out to justify the move and keep them going.

Well, well, well, lets just hope the opium doesnt wear off soon.:eek:

duffer

I can see lots of reasons for people not going to Sixfields, and not many for going. I really hope the attendance is p*ss-poor, because it will build massive pressure on SISU to either move back or move on.

Having said that, I wouldn't slag off fellow fans for going, because I understand the pull of watching your team. Surely most people here do. Christ knows we've had enough reasons to give up watching CCFC before now, we're just _all_ too stupid to actually quit. ;)

So I can't slag off or threaten people for going - but it does make me deeply unhappy because I think it slows down the eventual resolution of this problem.

The people I really hate, well they ain't the ones buying tickets for Northampton.

Last edited:

Delboycov

Can't understand why everybody can't just avoid the first match, just so we can make our point.
If you can't stop going then continue on at the second home game.
The press will only be watching this game and we will get 2 weeks of a high profile and may get something sorted.
After 2 weeks nobody will be bothered by Coventry City, similarly if there is a few thousand there it looses any impact for the press.

Been saying this for days and if I'm honest I have very little respect for those going on Sunday when we have a perfectly good opportunity to get down the Ricoh and stick two fingers up to SISU and send a clear message that we won't be treated like shit anymore...It's 1 game ffs! Go to every other game if they really have to but if they can't sacrafice that then they can't really complain when people say they're supporting SISU...supporting the move out of Coventry...supporting the possible suicide of the club.

Users who are viewing this thread