Coventry attendance at Sixfields ‘to be smallest in league history’ (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Coventry City’s first ‘home’ match in Northampton could yet be watched by the smallest league attendance ever recorded at Sixfields.
Since Northampton Town moved away from the County Ground in October 1994, the lowest league attendance recorded at Sixfields is thought to be 3,090 against Rochdale, in February 1996. However, Sunday’s match between Coventry City and Bristol City could yet be watched by as few as 1,500 people, as Coventry fans vow to stay away in protest.
The Sky Blues have currently sold around 400 season tickets at Sixfields, while a further 250 tickets have also been sold for the match. A spokesman for Bristol City last night told the Chron that 408 fans from the West Country club have so far bought a ticket for the League One game.
Speaking yesterday, Cobblers’ chairman David Cardoza said: “This is the first game and everyone has to make sure it goes smoothly.”

:claping hands:less than 1.000 more like!

GaryPendrysEyes

Sisu will be bussing in anyone and everyone with free tickets for that game, expect gate to be higher-- takings will be £714 and fourpence though...

covcity4life

this is good news, hopefully football league will try to help get us back to the ricoh quicktime to avoid the bad publicity.

covboy1987

where does the information come from that Cov have sold 400 season tickets and 250 tickets for the game- how can this be verified

shmmeee

where does the information come from that Cov have sold 400 season tickets and 250 tickets for the game- how can this be verified

I think Dan Walker said 400 ST somewhere. I'd guess you can have a look online for a rough idea as well. In the past people have just called the ticket office and asked.

shmmeee

What's the lowest ever league one attendance?

Can't find L1 yet, but lowest League attendance:

The lowest attendance in Football League history is actually held by a club that no longer exists; Thames AFC, a club based in East London that went bust in 1932. No wonder, considering they could only attract 469 people to watch a Division Three South game with Luton on 6 December 1930.

SkyBlueSid

The lowest post-war attendance, as far as I can see, was for Rochdale v Cambridge in 1974 for a Div.3 match. It was 588. I doubt we shall see one that low for a league game at Sixfields, given the season ticket holders are always included. But a JPT home tie may well be below that.

skybluetony176

Traitors. They should all be named and shamed.

why? its up to them.

i'm not ever going to sixfields but it don't give me the right to judge people who have chosen a different route to support their club. by making your statement you are playing into SISU hands more than the people going to six fields. its the old adage, divide and conquer. don't fall for it, fish face will be coming on here and laughing at comments like that, he don't give a shit if you fall out with your neighbour.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wasn't Tim expecting 7 'sell outs'. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, nope, can't name them:thinking about:

James Smith

Traitors. They should all be named and shamed.

It's their decision to go and whilst you may not agree with it it's their decision not yours. Some people are so committed to the support of their club that they only care about that and aren't bothered about who owes rent to who, who applied for a Judicial Review etc. That's their choice and they are entitled to it. People have to make their own minds up and whilst I won't personally be going I'm not going to criticise those who do. I may make sure they have all the facts before going so that they aren't misinformed but it's up to them whether they go.

Would you like it if someone named you on a public medium for something you chose to do that wasn't illegal or immoral?

Besides who's to say that those who do go won't all be wearing SISU OUT shirts?

Last edited:

Spionkop

For once I go with Valiant. Don't like his language but I like his sentiments.
Think the Sixfield 300 should be ashamed of themselves.

Mexico70

It's their decision to go and whilst you may not agree with it it's their decision not yours. Some people are so committed to the support of their club that they only care about that and aren't bothered about who owes rent to who, who applied for a Judicial Review etc. That's their choice and they are entitled to it. People have to make their own minds up and whilst I won't personally be going I'm not going to criticise those who do. I may make sure they have all the facts before going so that they aren't misinformed but it's up to them whether they go.

Would you like it if someone named you on a public medium for something you chose to do that wasn't illegal or immoral?

Besides who's to say that those who do go won't all be wearing SISU OUT shirts?

People are free to make their own choice - I think "some people are so committed to the support of their club...." are the ones who aren't going. Believe me having supported the club for forty years making the decision not to go has been really tough and it would be easier to keep the blinkers on, go to Sixfields and let others do my protesting for me. obviously some people see it differently but I can't hide the fact that I am frustrated that we couldn't all stick together on this.

WestEndAgro

I agree,selfish and spineless attending Sixfields, you are contributing to the death of CCFC , why return the club to Cov if people are going anyway.

ESB

Question do you do something knowing what you do is morally bankrupt ( no pun intended)?

it comes down to personal intgrity, sorry if needs to be stated this bluntly.

Spionkop

Colchester game coming up very soon. That will rival the Thames attendance.
What a sad state of affairs. Sisu have brought this club to its knees.
Rumours on BBC football site that Leon Clark going back to Swindon.
It just gets better every day under Sisu.

Users who are viewing this thread