Cov on Talksport now (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Turned it off now, some Australian on about cricket.

6 Generations

In the earlier days of Talksport , Ian Wright used to accompany Durham.

They devoted a complete show to the theme .... 'What's the point of Coventry?'

The broadcast was based on Coventry as City as they didn't just stop at the football team, although Wrighty made much reference to our fans.

He hated Coventry fans and stated it on air.

I don't think we liked Wrighty much back in the day because he broke Oggy's nose.

I've met Ian Wright since and he comes across as a decent bloke.

Durham was a mouse on Radio 5 before he defected.

Now he spouts ill informed nonsense.

One of the finest pieces of recent radio history was when Jamie Carragher had been accused of 'bottling it' by retiring from England duty.

He phoned Durham live on air and suggested that they night meet at Melwood and he could show Durham something about being a bottler. Cringeworthy ginger bashing.!

I still listen to the drive show for the views of Darren Gough or even sometimes Mickey Quinn, but never for those of Durham.

scubasteve

Lets face it he says anything to get a reaction and people call in, I doubt he even believe some of the stuff he says and im sure he contradicts himself over time. To be fair when the 2 cov fans called in they both made their point clear with reasoning and neither got into the slanging match he wanted and it killed his argument off.

CJ_covblaze

Lets face it he says anything to get a reaction and people call in, I doubt he even believe some of the stuff he says and im sure he contradicts himself over time. To be fair when the 2 cov fans called in they both made their point clear with reasoning and neither got into the slanging match he wanted and it killed his argument off.

I was asked to ring in and didn't hear what he or Goughy had said before my call. They both seemed to respond well and positively to my points. Know Durham has come across as a bit of a tosser in the past but it's obvious why he's like that. He makes the station money.

scubasteve

I was asked to ring in and didn't hear what he or Goughy had said before my call. They both seemed to respond well and positively to my points. Know Durham has come across as a bit of a tosser in the past but it's obvious why he's like that. He makes the station money.
you came across well, when you listen to talk sport drive, Durham thrives on anyone who calls up and takes the bait as it sells. After yours and the other call his narrative on a complete boycott just didn't work and they had to ease off.

Captain Dart

Nah, I get to read plonkers posts day in day out. He doesn't so has no excuse. ;)

He should say he loves sisu clearly joking, shit would go down.
To be fair you write half of them yourself. :)

Captain Dart

Any reply to my PM, the one about the fact you had to have 2 accounts to post your shite and still didn't manage to talk about football?

Yeah, thought not.
Bait taken, PMSL.

Captain Dart

Don't tell me blueflint is another one of your accounts?
Ha ha, I see what you mean, are you feeling put upon, I find the best tactic is to ignore the digs, especially when they are from small minded, potty mouthed, lying individuals.

Grendel

Ha ha, I see what you mean, are you feeling put upon, I find the best tactic is to ignore the digs, especially when they are from small minded, potty mouthed, lying individuals.

Looking in the mirror again?

Nick

Administrator

Or when the "digs" are done with a kids plastic spade and trying to dig up a concrete path?

Still, at least most people only need the one account for the "digs".

Terry Gibson's perm

Will you make clips of the week on H&J or did you avoid any bloopers?

clint van damme

The broadcast was based on Coventry as City as they didn't just stop at the football team, although Wrighty made much reference to our fans.

I don't think we liked Wrighty much back in the day because he broke Oggy's nose.

One of the finest pieces of recent radio history was when Jamie Carragher had been accused of 'bottling it' by retiring from England duty.

He phoned Durham live on air and suggested that they night meet at Melwood and he could show Durham something about being a bottler. Cringeworthy ginger bashing.!

I still listen to the drive show for the views of Darren Gough or even sometimes Mickey Quinn, but never for those of Durham.

HAHA! Fair play to Carragher.

Back on topic. A couple of weeks ago Durham and Gough were saying it was a great opportunity to get behind the club and show investors how big we are.

Now Durham has changed his mind. Just can't listen to the guy anymore.

n.b Why can't Gough say talksport without sounding like hes going to pass out?

CJ_covblaze

Brylowes

That must come in handy supporting CCFC. :emoji_see_no_evil::emoji_hear_no_evil::emoji_monkey_face:

torchomatic

How many accounts do you have?

Grendel

How many accounts do you have?

He will never answer. Questions football related he always ignores as well.

I don't think he's a fan at all

fernandopartridge

'Wrighty' - the bloke is an utter div. How on earth the BBC / ITV think he's worth a salary is beyond me.

CJ_covblaze

To be fair itv employed Adrian Chiles for years.

That was one of the best reasons to go to England games. I thought that anyway until I ended sat in the front row, directly behind where the Tesco bag wearing twat was broadcasting from.

Users who are viewing this thread