Cov on Talksport now. (1 Viewer)

Fluffsta

Talksport asking for Coventry fans to call in regarding loan signings. Talking about us now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its ironic that thicko Durham had nothing to say on the matter last season or the year before when we must have used close to 30 loan players. Suddenly we win some game and 4 loans are too many.

Dumbass ginger knob.

Terry Gibson's perm

You would think that we are the only team in the country with loan players, why does he never have a phone in about the loan players at other clubs jealous twat.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You would think that we are the only team in the country with loan players, why does he never have a phone in about the loan players at other clubs jealous twat.

We never heard about it the past two seasons when we had shit on loan one player after another, get a couple of decent players on loan and suddenly he pipes up.

D

Deleted member 2477

No one should phone in and show him for the prick he is

letsallsingtogether

No one should phone in and show him for the prick he is
I refuse to listen to that shit station.
You should all do the same they will have to change the format then with any luck.......

Kingokings204

Yeah I heard it and he wasn't that bad actually. He does talk some sense sometimes and Mickey Quinn kept him in check.

Durham basically said how Armstrong is too good for us and that cole has came to us for basically free and this gets round the salary cap and is this fair?

But yeah he was chatting on and all the loans of the last few years and now he pipes up when we are top of the league.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yeah I heard it and he wasn't that bad actually. He does talk some sense sometimes and Mickey Quinn kept him in check.

Durham basically said how Armstrong is too good for us and that cole has came to us for basically free and this gets round the salary cap and is this fair?

But yeah he was chatting on and all the loans of the last few years and now he pipes up when we are top of the league.
Yea I think somewhere in all the shite he talks he may have somewhat of a point somewhere, but its obvious the only reason he is bringing it up is because we beat Peterborough and are 1 point off the top of the table.

I had a look at the past few seasons, we had 15 loans last year and 12 the season before at Sixifields I think. Now we have 4 and suddenly are abusing the loan system.

letsallsingtogether

Yea I think somewhere in all the shite he talks he may have somewhat of a point somewhere, but its obvious the only reason he is bringing it up is because we beat Peterborough and are 1 point off the top of the table.

I had a look at the past few seasons, we had 15 loans last year and 12 the season before at Sixifields I think. Now we have 4 and suddenly are abusing the loan system.

So do Peterborough have no loans then?

stupot07

They have 2 Elder (Leicester) and Davey (Chelsea), they have also had 7 player out on loan this season.....

They had 9 on loan last season....he wasn't complaining then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gint11

He's like marmite. I don't mind him but sometimes he lets himself down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea they have loans also, he's just talking shit. Whenever anyone brings it up he just says he's criticised Peterborough in the past for there use of the loan system and its not a debate about Coventry but the entire loan system, funnily though he always picks us when the topic comes up.

At least we're getting talked about and noticed again for football reasons I suppose.

Terry Gibson's perm

In some ways the loan system is wrong you either shouldn't be allowed to loan a player from the same league or they can play against you.

what is Joe Cole supposed to do sit at Villa not getting a game and then have people like Durham saying he is a lazy money grabber, in a strange way JC is helping many teams in the league as fans will pay to go and watch him and it hasn't cost their club a penny.

Nick

Administrator
In some ways the loan system is wrong you either shouldn't be allowed to loan a player from the same league or they can play against you.

what is Joe Cole supposed to do sit at Villa not getting a game and then have people like Durham saying he is a lazy money grabber, in a strange way JC is helping many teams in the league as fans will pay to go and watch him and it hasn't cost their club a penny.
It might if he scores and it sends them down!

covcity4life

that bird who phoned up to represent cov and talked about our "massive" loans! wtf we have 4 as far as im aware? one of them only joined last month too

aviles

i was surprised that we only have 4 loans i thought we had more, i dont see what all the fuss is we have had more than 4 loans in at one time before we just have a good scouting system now bringing in good loan players if we had the same loaned in shite that we had when pressley was in charge no one would bat an eye lid

skybluesam66

4 loans
1. Armstrong - agreed he is vital

of the others - Murphy is a season long loan - no risk to us, not good enough for his parent
Joe cole has barely played
Kent is a good young talent - wont be playing for liverpool, and doubt if we would have signed him without the maddison injury

Malaka

I stopped listening to that shite station years ago. They used to have some arsehole banker on in the morning, bragging on how his shares were doing at that they were gonna get lashed on Champagne with Brazil at lunch time. Then the banks went tits up and then all of a sudden it wasnt so funny to rub peoples noses in it.
Shit presenters except wrighty when he was on and quinny

Terry Gibson's perm

I stopped listening to that shite station years ago. They used to have some arsehole banker on in the morning, bragging on how his shares were doing at that they were gonna get lashed on Champagne with Brazil at lunch time. Then the banks went tits up and then all of a sudden it wasnt so funny to rub peoples noses in it.
Shit presenters except wrighty when he was on and quinny

Henk potts typical show off banker

CCFC_Charlie

Whole point of TalkSPORT is to wind people up so more people listen and ring in. I remember when Man City signed David Silva and Yaya Toure and Durham was banging on about how they were average players that no-one had ever heard off.

chiefdave

The loan system needs looking at but its a bit annoying that after years of shit people are having a go at us.

Problem isn't the teams taking players on loan, they're only doing that as they have little alternative. The problem is the teams at the top scooping up any youngster that shows any sign of quality.

Bigi is a prime example. Can anyone really say going to Newcastle improved his career.

Chelsea have over 30 players out on loan, its out of control. And they aren't loaning these players out for their own good or development, its become a money making scheme with the top clubs taking all the players on the cheap and then charging loan fees.

For a start I woudl make a rule that you can only loan to teams at a lower level, no loan fee can be charged and the parent club must pay 100% of wages.

mrtrench

Chelsea have over 30 players out on loan, its out of control. And they aren't loaning these players out for their own good or development, its become a money making scheme with the top clubs taking all the players on the cheap and then charging loan fees.

Is that true? Chelsea are deliberately taking on every young player they can, paying low and lending for profit? Where did you get the information can you share?

covcity4life

Whole point of TalkSPORT is to wind people up so more people listen and ring in. I remember when Man City signed David Silva and Yaya Toure and Durham was banging on about how they were average players that no-one had ever heard off.

i love talksport as i love footy so want to hear about it 247 however no doubt about it durham is a wind up merchant/shockjockey who wants people to ring in and argue

Terry Gibson's perm

I am sure that at one stage Parma in Italy had over 60 players out on loan and were getting the wages paid and loan fees to cover it in the hope of getting one or two good ones to sell, didn't work though went out of business instead!

The most stupid loan ever was when Chelsea loaned Lukaku to other prem teams and then he was scoring against the other top teams but couldn't play against Chelsea.

Terry Gibson's perm

i love talksport as i love footy so want to hear about it 247 however no doubt about it durham is a wind up merchant/shockjockey who wants people to ring in and argue

for me H&J are great the rest are ok and Durham is a tool.

chiefdave

Is that true? Chelsea are deliberately taking on every young player they can, paying low and lending for profit? Where did you get the information can you share?

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/on-loan-players.html

The rules got changed a little while back so top clubs didn't have to pay as much for young players. Essentially the FL clubs were blackmailed as the PL side threatened to stop revenue sharing unless they agreed to the new system.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/03/premier-league-football-league-academy

mrtrench

The rules got changed a little while back so top clubs didn't have to pay as much for young players. Essentially the FL clubs were blackmailed as the PL side threatened to stop revenue sharing unless they agreed to the new system.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/03/premier-league-football-league-academy

Just read both. I know that Chelsea have a lot of youth players and loan them out. It's the fact that they are deliberately lending them for larger loan fees than they pay them and that they aren't interested in their development that I find shocking. Where did you get that from?

stupot07

Half of those are foreign youngsters, not sure how that fits in with the EPPP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

Just read both. I know that Chelsea have a lot of youth players and loan them out. It's the fact that they are deliberately lending them for larger loan fees than they pay them and that they aren't interested in their development that I find shocking. Where did you get that from?

Wasn't particularly singling out Chelsea, just using them as an example. The EPPP means they can scoop up players on the cheap. Then the loan them out, at a fee, with the other club paying their wages. When they come back to Chelsea their value is likley to have increased as they have played more games.

How many of these players are genuine prospects they think will make their first team? The system allows them to sign up everyone, farm them out and then if 1 in 100 is PL quality they can keep them, the rest they can loan out or sell on.

"In fact, Chelsea is actually earning £9.1m this season to simply watch their youngsters become better footballers and increase in value."
Source:http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/9/9/6123149/chelsea-loan-army-cost-ffp

chiefdave

Half of those are foreign youngsters, not sure how that fits in with the EPPP

Was just an example! Whole system worldwide needs looking at. FIFA were supposed to be looking at it but you wouldn't have much faith in them sorting anything out.

James Smith

They have 2 Elder (Leicester) and Davey (Chelsea), they have also had 7 player out on loan this season.....

They had 9 on loan last season....he wasn't complaining then.

This is typical of some of the media, they talk about us when we're not doing well pointing out the negatives. Then when we're doing well if they talk about us at all it's not praise for the manager or team it's nitpicking the reasons for our success in a negative way.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Chelsea definitely do it partially as a money making programme, lets the loan fees role in every season, loaning club probably pays a good % of wage and then they either sell them for profit like Lukaku and De Bruyne or promote them to first team like Courtois.

Win, win for Chelsea.

Users who are viewing this thread