Cov on Talksport now. (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

The loan system needs looking at but its a bit annoying that after years of shit people are having a go at us.

Problem isn't the teams taking players on loan, they're only doing that as they have little alternative. The problem is the teams at the top scooping up any youngster that shows any sign of quality.

Bigi is a prime example. Can anyone really say going to Newcastle improved his career.

Chelsea have over 30 players out on loan, its out of control. And they aren't loaning these players out for their own good or development, its become a money making scheme with the top clubs taking all the players on the cheap and then charging loan fees.

For a start I woudl make a rule that you can only loan to teams at a lower level, no loan fee can be charged and the parent club must pay 100% of wages.

I agree with can only loan to lower level team as well as no fee but parent club must pay 100% of wages, not sure about that?

Short term loans should be less than 6 months should only be allowed to cover a genuine injury and last the duration of the injury imo.

And there should be a limit to the number of players you can bring in on loan, I know we have the 5 match day rule but there is no limit on how many you can actually sign on loan in a season.

If I was revamping it I would suggest something like during the summer transfer window you can only agree season long loans, when the transfer window loan is closed you are allowed emergency loans ONLY to cover genuine injury with loan period lasting for duration of injury and there should be a limit to how many of these emergency loans you can sign over a season.
And then like you suggested no loan fees and teams can only loan to a club at a lower level.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not wishing to sound stupid what is the difference between a loan and a youth loan that Armstrong is on?

eastwoodsdustman

Simple way to stop it is to limit the amount of players at each team level within clubs. ie no more than 20 in youth team, 20 in reserves and 25 in first team(+reserves and youth players)
This would mean more youngsters would be playing and learning their work at lower levels instead of being tied to clubs where they have no chance of playing. Surely better than the current system.

skybluesam66

3 types
Standard - can only do in the transfer window - and for any length of time
Emergency - outside of transfer window but from 1-3 months
Youth - outside of transfer window - and for any length of time

Covstu

The loan system is essential for clubs like us nowadays but its the first time we have actually used it to its fullest extent to any success. I agree with the comments around Chelsea and similar clubs where they snatch up good young talent then farm them out with little to no prospect of getting into the first team.

This was the main point that Durham and Quinny were raising was that how can you have an exceptional young talent like Loftus-cheek who rots on the bench and not allowed to go out on loan but on the other hand you have Armstrong who should be in the first team but loaned out to a league one club. We all know that Armstrong wouldnt get a full time place in Newcastle and probably still not ready just yet.

For me they should cap the loan signings to 4 (maybe 5) but base this on total movements spo you can loan out 5 players or loan in 5 (or a mixture of the two) but no more than that cap at one point in time. This would hopefully change the higher clubs attitude towards bringing in young talent before they have had a proper start at their parent club.

Terry Gibson's perm

Durham must be going crazy with the bigi news will probably do the whole three hours on how we are cheating.

rupert_bear

What has changed ? We have had years of loaning in players the difference this season is the loaned in players can play and want to play

Gint11

Durham is a expert troll. Labelled so online. He spouts things to encourage people to call up and bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

This is typical of some of the media, they talk about us when we're not doing well pointing out the negatives. Then when we're doing well if they talk about us at all it's not praise for the manager or team it's nitpicking the reasons for our success in a negative way.
Can we really claim that?
It's been over 25yrs since we had any real success. Yes a QF in the FA Cup under Strachan was relative success & JPT semi...otherwise I can't recall any.
This is typical of some of the media, they talk about us when we're not doing well pointing out the negatives. Then when we're doing well if they talk about us at all it's not praise for the manager or team it's nitpicking the reasons for our success in a negative way.
Can we really claim that?
It's been over 25yrs since we had any real success. Yes a QF in the FA Cup under Strachan was relative success

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Sick Boy

Has anyone got a link to what he has previously said? He sounds pretty funny, and surprise surprise, he has got numerous bites from this forum

Users who are viewing this thread