Cov City Fans Jailed (2 Viewers)

Ashdown

Moved into our house a few years ago now and 3 months later we got burgled, took the police 5 hours to come out and when they did they said that as the culprits came in the back window it was tantamount to being our fault as we neither had big gates on the side or an alarm fitted. I said well we were out at work trying to get money together to do those things as we had just used up any reserves buying the house.............they didn't give a shit and were rude !

PS We've got all those now so don't even think about it !!?

clint van damme

Moved into our house a few years ago now and 3 months later we got burgled, took the police 5 hours to come out and when they did they said that as the culprits came in the back window it was tantamount to being our fault as we neither had big gates on the side or an alarm fitted. I said well we were out at work trying to get money together to do those things as we had just used up any reserves buying the house.............they didn't give a shit and were rude !

PS We've got all those now so don't even think about it !!?

I had to run home from a Monday night match at HR once because some lads were trying to steal the missus car and they put our front window through when she challenged them.
To cut a long story short, ended up threatening to lay a copper out due to his attitude and he in turn threatened to arrest me. I hit the fucking roof. His female side kick managed to calm the situation down and I ended up getting a home visit from the chief constable who apologised. I didn't want his apology, I wanted his fucking prick of a subordinate to apologise but I didn't get that!

Terry Gibson's perm

I think that's about the truth of it Moff, but for me these are some of the worst kinds of offences - unprovoked violence against a total stranger.

If we aren't putting people away who are doing this, then with the biggest prison population per capita in Europe, who exactly are we locking up? I think the stats suggest that violent crime has actually steadily declined, but reading the stories here makes you wonder. I don't worry too much about myself (partly because I'm too old and ugly to pick on, but mostly because I've got HH's number on speed-dial), but I do worry about what my kids might have to face as they grow up...

We are putting in prison little old people who don’t pay their council tax and no doubt in Windsor in a few months they will get any homeless people off the streets for that wedding.

fernandopartridge

the appeal was thrown out yesterday which means the victims can now sue. The police are going to have to up their game because everyone has a story about the police not doing their job properly albeit for lesser crimes in most cases.
Could end up getting expensive.
The victims have already sued and been paid mate.

Dions Dong

Re the statement in bold OSB, although the response you got appears to be pathetic, on a lot of occasions this isnt down to the Police its down to the Crown Prosecution Service, or Cant prosecute Satan as they are otherwise known.
All cases are put to them and decided to them, and whether it goes to court is on their judgement. They say it isn't political but they are government funded and have 'targets' like anyone else, and if it isn't pretty much a nailed on case (at a lower level of offence) they wont do it, as there is a cost implication if it comes to nothing.
Completely incorrect and a common misconception I’m afraid . The CPS isn’t target driven and will prosecute where there is a realistic prospect of conviction. Being a government run department simply means the CPS is a public service.... targets have no impact whatsoever on who is charged, what cases are run.

Moff

Completely incorrect and a common misconception I’m afraid . The CPS isn’t target driven and will prosecute where there is a realistic prospect of conviction. Being a government run department simply means the CPS is a public service.... targets have no impact whatsoever on who is charged, what cases are run.

They have a set budget, they have to work within that target, so can and will only prosecute a percentage of cases and not a high percentage at that.
They won't prosecute anything unless it has a high chance of winning, they don't take on the 50/50 cases letting down many people, unless it's high profile or bad press. The public deserve better.
It's not a misconception, I know from working in a legal field for a number of years, and have heard it from the horses mouth.

Dions Dong

They have a set budget, they have to work within that target, so can and will only prosecute a percentage of cases and not a high percentage at that.
They won't prosecute anything unless it has a high chance of winning, they don't take on the 50/50 cases letting down many people, unless it's high profile or bad press. The public deserve better.
It's not a misconception, I know from working in a legal field for a number of years, and have heard it from the horses mouth.
Well I work for the CPS so am pretty sure I can say it’s a misconception. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but the CPS is not target driven and will prosecute any case where there is a realistic prospect of conviction. In cases where a victim may feel let down by no prosecution being forthcoming, they have a right to review the decision under the victims code.

tisza

Would have thought it was just a cost thing? If they can reduce football related violence, rely on less police and more stewards then I would have thought the savings would be significant vs a few police in the centre on a Saturday night and a crew on standby. Wonder what happened to our resident GMK officer, Luckylad was it? He was great for questions like that!
doesn't work like that does it? outside the ground is police responsibilty and why clubs won't contribute towards the cost

Users who are viewing this thread