Cov City Fans Jailed (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Do you know how often a number plate can change hands in one day? Just saying as have some knowledge of selling cars? Not always as easy as it seems. How long does it take to get a story together?

Self defence is a defence built on shifting sands. Forget reality of life and emotion you have to account for every punch and action. The threshold for defence and aggressor are fine. Then affray is a great catch all.

It didn't change hands, the police were just uninterested and didn't bother chasing them down properly. They were given 24hours to get their story together, a month after the incident.

The whole thing was a joke.

Nick

Administrator
I got crashed into once by a moto-x bike at night, no lights, no helmets, no insurance, no tax, no licence. I managed to give one of them a bit of a slap and the police came etc.

I got 2 calls, one was off the record about giving him a slap, the other one was that it was reported I had stolen their bike and did I know where it was.

I then got a letter saying they couldn't prove who it was on the bike so there would be no further action.

1. I'd named them because they were known rats
2. They reported getting a slap
3. They said I took their bike

Same sort of thing, just not arsed.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I witnessed this altercation first hand as i drink in the RAOB before most home games and reading the sentences handed out has shocked me. They seem extremely harsh and i assume they have been passed to make an example of people who intend to cause violence anywhere near a football ground. Go to spon street on a weekend night at 3 am and you will see issues like this ten fold over with police and doormen turning a blind eye to them.

duffer

It didn't change hands, the police were just uninterested and didn't bother chasing them down properly. They were given 24hours to get their story together, a month after the incident.

Nick said:
I got crashed into once by a moto-x bike at night, no lights, no helmets, no insurance, no tax, no licence. I managed to give one of them a bit of a slap and the police came etc.

I got 2 calls, one was off the record about giving him a slap, the other one was that it was reported I had stolen their bike and did I know where it was.

I then got a letter saying they couldn't prove who it was on the bike so there would be no further action.

I've got the solution. Houchen's Head, a.k.a....

Equalizer_title.JPG

Hobo

Well you could all join and sort it out ;-)

Hobo

There is a law that says the owner has to say who was driving the car for road traffic offences but it doesn't cover criminal offences. So if people jump out and assault people the keeper can just refuse to name the people who were using the car. That isn't the police not doing anything it is a point of law.

Perverting the cause of justice is telling lies to get someone off. You can witness a murder and refuse to say anything and not commit an offence.

Last edited:

Hobo

1. You had known them and named them.
2. I take it they said it was not them. Yes people lie to get out of the shit and twist things.

So your word against theirs....this is when third party independent witnesses are key to our justice system.

I once witnessed a hit and run at the junction of the A45 and Broad Lane. That at least 8 lanes of traffic. Loads of vehicles. Must have been at least 20 witnesses. But I was the only person who stepped forward and gave my details to the victim and the police.

AVWskyblue

There is a law that says the owner has to say who was driving the car for road traffic offences but it doesn't cover criminal offences. So if people jump out and assault people the keeper can just refuse to name the people who were using the car. That isn't the police not doing anything it is a point of law.

Perverting the cause of justice is telling lies to get someone off. You can witness a murder and refuse to say anything and not commit an offence.
You can still be summoned to give evidence as a hostile witness

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Hobo

You can still be summoned to give evidence as a hostile witness

Yes but if you refuse to answer questions? And weren't involved? Or just say I didn't see it. Or I don't know.

It is rare people are summoned as a hostile witness maybe in a case of murder but little else.

wingy

We're probably straying away from the Issue with this case ,there was myriad CCTV evidence ,but were the sentences heavy as deemed football related?

Speedies_Chips

2. I take it they said it was not them. Yes people lie to get out of the shit and twist things.

So your word against theirs....this is when third party independent witnesses are key to our justice system.

I once witnessed a hit and run at the junction of the A45 and Broad Lane. That at least 8 lanes of traffic. Loads of vehicles. Must have been at least 20 witnesses. But I was the only person who stepped forward and gave my details to the victim and the police.

Last year I got hit from behind on the A45 near Costco by a Czech lorry. sent me into a spin and I ended up off the road. It was lunchtime and the road was busy. No-one stopped to check if I was ok or offer to be a witness. They were just interested in getting past the obstruction and on with their journey.

Nick

Administrator

They had complained to the police I took their bike, so they pretty much identified themselves then.

Hobo

They had complained to the police I took their bike, so they pretty much identified themselves then.

But they gave an account opposing yours. One word against the other. You needed third party independent evidence to support yours.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

I think this is why I tend to "take the law into my own hands" so to speak. Then if the old Bill are called, I can always play the 'poor old disabled pensioner with a dicky ticker card!' "Me, Officer? Do me a favour! Look at me!"

AVWskyblue

Yes but if you refuse to answer questions? And weren't involved? Or just say I didn't see it. Or I don't know.

It is rare people are summoned as a hostile witness maybe in a case of murder but little else.
Yes you could, yet if another witness or any other corroborating evidence caught you out, then you yourself face a sentence from the judge

bringbackrattles

The thing is BBR, I'm a really placid bloke most of the time but I will never back down to gobshites. I will always stand up for myself!
Fair play to you. Like me you'd rather shake someone's hand than give them a smack in the gob, but sadly there are some who see that as a weakness. I was always fighting and never backed down,but as I've mentioned before I had to stop all that as the magistrates/judge threw the book at me,and got a final warning that if I didn't stop the violence expect prison regularly. But that aggression is still there and I have "lost it" a few times but luckily it never ended in a court appearance. Once a fighter always a fighter so the saying goes. I go for long walks and have sparring sessions instead !

tisza

does strike me as odd the lengths the police will go to to track down some of these "football incidents" away from grounds.
Bigger fights/levels of violence on a night in Town generally just see them nicking a couple, dispersing people and then forgetting about it. Often same people involved every week.
Violence in town every week, trouble at football few times a season now.

Sick Boy

On St Patrick's day about 9 years ago now I was walking along with a mate in Brighton and from out of nowhere some 6ft8" guy goes for a knockdown smacking me on the side of jaw as I turned my head back to look ahead, this was followed by 2 punches down onto the top of my nose and a heavy stream of blood.

I'm only 5ft9 but have boxed so can take a punch and as soon as he realised I hadn't gone down and was about to fight back, he ran off. Before that though he punched his girlfriend a couple of times and kicked a bin.

I ended up reporting it to the police as it was 4pm and the middle of the day. Despite their being cctv and witnesses they did nothing at all about it and didn't chase it up.

The whole system stinks.

Esoterica

does strike me as odd the lengths the police will go to to track down some of these "football incidents" away from grounds.
Bigger fights/levels of violence on a night in Town generally just see them nicking a couple, dispersing people and then forgetting about it. Often same people involved every week.
Violence in town every week, trouble at football few times a season now.
Would have thought it was just a cost thing? If they can reduce football related violence, rely on less police and more stewards then I would have thought the savings would be significant vs a few police in the centre on a Saturday night and a crew on standby. Wonder what happened to our resident GMK officer, Luckylad was it? He was great for questions like that!

Moff

The thing is Nick the little fuckers who are constantly in trouble with the law know how to play it. Any law agency can only work within the letter of the law, and these little shits and often the snakes who represent them know how to get round it, and play it to their benefit.

letsallsingtogether

My 4ft 8, 80 year old mother was mugged outside her house a few years ago not only did they take her bag which she handed over to them they decided to beat her up and put her in hospital.
That day and for a few weeks after I could have committed murder.
My mother has past away now but they never found the scum that did it.

Last edited:

clint van damme

My 4ft 8, 80 year old mother was mugged outside her house a few years ago not only did they take her bag which she handed over to them they decided to beat her up and put her in hospital.
My mother has part away now but they never found the scum that did it.

what utter fucking lowlife. I hope karma has caught up with them.

olderskyblue

My mother has part away now but they never found the scum that did it.

Where did you bury him? ;)

fernandopartridge

Football fans are an easy target for the police (like any mass gatherings of the working class). Helps the arrest figures + justification for spending significant amounts on football intelligence officers for each club.

olderskyblue

If only that were true

when my son was 17 and walking through a park with his girlfriend, he was attacked by a lad with 4 mates. The lad headbutted him, breaking his nose, punched him in the head a few times, then kicked him in the head when he went to ground. A chap close by on his way to his night shift saw everything, and ran over shouting at the group, and they ran off.

As his nose was broken, the police said it was GBH, and they would throw the book at him. They had the witness statement from the nightshift guy too. End result? They said it was my sons word against the other 5 lads... I asked wtf, they have an independent witness, but they shrugged and said nothing could be done.

Sometime after, I took a call at home for my son from the police, so asked them why they wanted him. The copper said they have a "scheme" where they get perpetrators of violence to meet the victim to understand the effect it can have. I asked the copper if I could be there when they met, and he said sure, So I added "good, I want to make sure I know what he looks like, to make sure I cripple the right person". The copper then started reading the riot act to me, said if I did that, I would go to prison etc etc. so I asked how, if it was his word against mine? As you might expect, the offer to meet was withdrawn.

Must admit, afterwards I wished I'd kept quiet and just let the meeting happen, and then got houch to go see him... :emoji_smile:

clint van damme

If only that were true

when my son was 17 and walking through a park with his girlfriend, he was attacked by a lad with 4 mates. The lad headbutted him, breaking his nose, punched him in the head a few times, then kicked him in the head when he went to ground. A chap close by on his way to his night shift saw everything, and ran over shouting at the group, and they ran off.

As his nose was broken, the police said it was GBH, and they would throw the book at him. They had the witness statement from the nightshift guy too. End result? They said it was my sons word against the other 5 lads... I asked wtf, they have an independent witness, but they shrugged and said nothing could be done.

Sometime after, I took a call at home for my son from the police, so asked them why they wanted him. The copper said they have a "scheme" where they get perpetrators of violence to meet the victim to understand the effect it can have. I asked the copper if I could be there when they met, and he said sure, So I added "good, I want to make sure I know what he looks like, to make sure I cripple the right person". The copper then started reading the riot act to me, said if I did that, I would go to prison etc etc. so I asked how, if it was his word against mine? As you might expect, the offer to meet was withdrawn.

Must admit, afterwards I wished I'd kept quiet and just let the meeting happen, and then got houch to go see him... :emoji_smile:

this could all be about to change after two of John Worboys victims have sued the police for failure to properly investigate their allegations.

clint van damme

That happened last year didn't it? The police appealed at the supreme court and got told to do one in the last week or two.

the appeal was thrown out yesterday which means the victims can now sue. The police are going to have to up their game because everyone has a story about the police not doing their job properly albeit for lesser crimes in most cases.
Could end up getting expensive.

Moff

If only that were true

Re the statement in bold OSB, although the response you got appears to be pathetic, on a lot of occasions this isnt down to the Police its down to the Crown Prosecution Service, or Cant prosecute Satan as they are otherwise known.
All cases are put to them and decided to them, and whether it goes to court is on their judgement. They say it isn't political but they are government funded and have 'targets' like anyone else, and if it isn't pretty much a nailed on case (at a lower level of offence) they wont do it, as there is a cost implication if it comes to nothing.

duffer

Well you could all join and sort it out ;-)

Good idea, a bit more like this...

Nick as Hannibal, HH as Mr T (obviously), and I think that means I get to be the good-looking one who gets the girl. :)

Can anyone here fly a helicopter?

the-a-team.jpg

duffer

Re the statement in bold OSB, although the response you got appears to be pathetic, on a lot of occasions this isnt down to the Police its down to the Crown Prosecution Service, or Cant prosecute Satan as they are otherwise known.
All cases are put to them and decided to them, and whether it goes to court is on their judgement. They say it isn't political but they are government funded and have 'targets' like anyone else, and if it isn't pretty much a nailed on case (at a lower level of offence) they wont do it, as there is a cost implication if it comes to nothing.

I think that's about the truth of it Moff, but for me these are some of the worst kinds of offences - unprovoked violence against a total stranger.

If we aren't putting people away who are doing this, then with the biggest prison population per capita in Europe, who exactly are we locking up? I think the stats suggest that violent crime has actually steadily declined, but reading the stories here makes you wonder. I don't worry too much about myself (partly because I'm too old and ugly to pick on, but mostly because I've got HH's number on speed-dial), but I do worry about what my kids might have to face as they grow up...

Users who are viewing this thread