Court Case Thread! June 2018 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

Are they going to spit out the new "evidence" or not?

Captain Dart

Something myself & other have mentioned before and been lambasted for.
Continuing litigation is no good for anyone, least of all the fans.

lapsed_skyblue

At least SISU have followed the lead set by the Govt in the Brexit negotiations and dropped the requirement for a unicorn as well.
Besides, if you are going to ask for unicorns the minimum has to be a breeding pair, which would be rather optimistic in this case.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure how a 50/50 would work? Unless it was run by people inside the club who seem to have a good working relationship.

skybluetony176

Something myself & other have mentioned before and been lambasted for.
Continuing litigation is no good for anyone, least of all the fans.

Doesn’t make sense though. Joy had the then council leader in her office and was unwilling to make an offer for100% of ACL with a smaller debt burden than it has now but they would consider getting into a 50/50 arrangement now with Wasps with an even higher debt burden, presumably that will grow again if it’s ordered that the council will need to be paid an extra £27M somehow and then SISU will share the running costs, costs of servicing debt etc. Looking at the last accounts ACL doesn’t look viable now let alone with 50/50 ownership. I’m starting to think this line is empty rhetoric.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
the logic of that is that Wasps pay the council 27m then agree to compensate SISU by surrendering half the value of the Ricoh, I would assume SISU would refuse to share the loan burden which would see Wasps repay half the bond total of £35m because of the security given....... Cost to Wasps £45m

It would be cheaper for Richardson to fold Wasps and walk away

If this was included in mediation its no wonder they are back in court

wingy

Doesn’t make sense though. Joy had the then council leader in her office and was unwilling to make an offer for100% of ACL with a smaller debt burden than it has now but they would consider getting into a 50/50 arrangement now with Wasps with an even higher debt burden, presumably that will grow again if it’s ordered that the council will need to be paid an extra £27M somehow and then SISU will share the running costs, costs of servicing debt etc. Looking at the last accounts ACL doesn’t look viable now let alone with 50/50 ownership. I’m starting to think this line is empty rhetoric.
I don't buy it ,it's to the death I think

Captain Dart

Yeah, I think you're right, it is a statement which SISU have no intention of following through.

Moff

As I cant be bothered to read the endless posts of hypothetical possibilities and legal rhetoric, can anyone tell me what the latest score is?

Captain Dart

As I cant be bothered to read the endless posts of hypothetical possibilities and legal rhetoric, can anyone tell me what the latest score is?
Its the second half, the score is 0-0 and we're just about to go to VAR.

Esoterica

This is the first time I've ever taken an interest in a court case thread.
It will get interesting soon. The judge will order Joy to immediately marry Nick Eastwood. Just before they are about to tie the knot Timmy will pop out from under the judge's desk with a fresh 'milk' moustache before murdering everyone in the room Game of Thrones style. Boddy will then arrive on horseback, swinging Fisher on to the back and riding off towards a Ricoh Arena silhouetted by the setting sun, keys to the stadium jingling round his neck.

skybluetony176

It will get interesting soon. The judge will order Joy to immediately marry Nick Eastwood. Just before they are about to tie the knot Timmy will pop out from under the judge's desk with a fresh 'milk' moustache before murdering everyone in the room Game of Thrones style. Boddy will then arrive on horseback, swinging Fisher on to the back and riding off towards a Ricoh Arena silhouetted by the setting sun, keys to the stadium jingling round his neck.

Surely Tim will be banging on a big glass window pane at the church, graduate style. Before riding of into the sunset with Joy on a topless bus once used by Nigel Ferage both wearing CCFC white training tops once owned by LCFC still showing remnants of the King Power logo.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Seems like a bore draw at HT to me **yawn**

Here’s hoping there’s a final result in tomorrow’s second half, I’ll even take sudden death in a penalty shootout, just get it over with. Please

mark82

Seems like a bore draw at HT to me **yawn**

Here’s hoping there’s a final result in tomorrow’s second half, I’ll even take sudden death in a penalty shootout, just get it over with. Please

I know, this whole argument is well past its sell by date.

chiefdave

Yet they agreed the 250 year lease before Higgs had even supposedly had an offer?
Is the judge going to question anything at any point or just allow the lawyers to come out with rubbish like this.

Unless someone can explain otherwise there is no reason CCC couldn't have sold the lease extension to ACL while it was under CCC & Higgs ownership. That would have a) made it easier for them to get finance from someone other the council as their assets would be increased; b) increase the value and therefore the sale price giving a better return to the taxpayer.

And as Nick says the sale of the lease was agreed at the same meeting as the sale of the Ricoh. The judge last time round pointed that out and said it should be treated as one transaction!

No wonder everything drags on so long when we have to keep going back over information already in the public domain.

Personally if i'd read over what had come before the first thing I'd want is the mediator in there saying what happened then I'd want a copy of the valuation from prior to the sale that has to date been kept secret. Lets have all the information out in the open.

Philosorapter

Guys, enlighten me.

What was the reason for CCC having to sell their 50% share to the London rugby club first?

djr8369

Sharing with wasps seems like the best realistic outcome we could hope for but with all this going on will a 50/50 share ever work out? Wasps must be sick to the back teeth with SISU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

What was the reason for CCC having to sell their 50% share to the London rugby club first?
As far as I know there was no reason, it was just the way it was decided between Wasps, CCC and Higgs. There was zero chance Wasps purchased the council share not knowing if they would be able to purchase the Higgs share. Equally there was zero chance Higgs would accept our bid for their 50%.

Astute

As far as I know there was no reason, it was just the way it was decided between Wasps, CCC and Higgs. There was zero chance Wasps purchased the council share not knowing if they would be able to purchase the Higgs share. Equally there was zero chance Higgs would accept our bid for their 50%.
By law CCC would have to extend the lease. And there is a formula to work out the cost of it. Wasps paid the top amount.

Highs wouldn't sell to SISU? They tried enough times. But SISU went back on the agreement made each time.

Users who are viewing this thread