Court Case Thread! June 2018 (1 Viewer)

wince

Is the court case Tuesday still going ahead, has gone very quite ??

clint van damme

I've heard that now Compass are pulling out, SISU have filed a claim against them for underfilling the Balti pies. Nothing like trying to curry favour with the judiciary.

Someone should sue them, the quality of their fayre is awful.

Sbarcher

OK the case is about the valuation at the time of the deal. But, as the Ricoh was a 50% council owned asset, surely any potential sale should have gone out to tender and not sold in secret without getting the best deal for the public purse. I'd have thought this would have been a better case to argue in court rather than a valuation debate.

Philosorapter

OK the case is about the valuation at the time of the deal. But, as the Ricoh was a 50% council owned asset, surely any potential sale should have gone out to tender and not sold in secret without getting the best deal for the public purse. I'd have thought this would have been a better case to argue in court rather than a valuation debate.

50% owned but had the controlling interest if I can remember correctly.

shmmeee

Don’t think it’s SOP to put property out to tender TBH. Councils sell to people in order to regenerate all the time. It’s not as simple as best price wins when there’s other economic concerns. The idea that a new sports team would have more economic impact than an existing one is pretty easy to prove even if you disagree with the morals.

italiahorse

I still can’t see the case that Sisu are trying to win here.
As CCFC/SISU
Surely there would only be one other customer and they had already given their answer several times?

Philosorapter

I still can’t see the case that Sisu are trying to win here.
As CCFC/SISU

Surely there would only be one other customer and they had already given their answer several times?

How do you know there would only be one other customer?

Surely that is the point of tender, to let other interested parties register an interest in the sale so you can work out any social benefit you may receive from selling the company that runs the stadium.

Last edited:

footyfrenzy

giphy.gif

italiahorse

How do you know there would only be one other customer?

Surely that is the point of tender, to let other interested parties register an interest in the sale so you can work out any social benefit you may receive from selling the company that runs the stadium.
I giving it much thought I applied common sense. ;)

chiefdave

I giving it much thought I applied common sense. ;)
If common sense came in to it the ground would never have been sold to a rugby club from London.

The reality is nobody can say for certain that if the sale was properly marketed, rather than being carried out in secret, there would not have been other interested parties. If there were the return for the taxpayer would have been increased, thats something that should be a key concern for the council in any sale.

italiahorse

If common sense came in to it the ground would never have been sold to a rugby club from London.

The reality is nobody can say for certain that if the sale was properly marketed, rather than being carried out in secret, there would not have been other interested parties. If there were the return for the taxpayer would have been increased, thats something that should be a key concern for the council in any sale.
In reality though, the council had a choice between an offer from Wasps, that may have been conditional and dealing with Sisu who they knew would hold them to ransom if they became the only potential buyer.

mark82

In reality though, the council had a choice between an offer from Wasps, that may have been conditional and dealing with Sisu who they knew would hold them to ransom if they became the only potential buyer.

Could they have used the Wasps offer to do the right thing and form a valuation to sell to the football club it was built for? For me, the council have done more lasting damage than Sisu. This decision will impact us once Sisu are long gone.

italiahorse

Could they have used the Wasps offer to do the right thing and form a valuation to sell to the football club it was built for? For me, the council have done more lasting damage than Sisu. This decision will impact us once Sisu are long gone.
The problem was though that Sisu through their pompous representative Fisher had said they wouldn’t pay anything near it. Mix that up with Seppalla previously saying they were after the freehold and it was only going one way.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

If you read a David Conn Piece from23rd of December 2014 Mr fisher said They did not regret failing to buy the Ricoh , saying they could not agree to taking it on the way Wasps had done . He is the mouthpiece for the people who now say that Wasps should pay a lot more . No way were they ever going to buy it . Sisu don't do buying they do breaking up. I do hope his comments are read out in court , because those remarks sum them up . We don't want it but you should pay more for it . They were outflanked when they thought they were the only show in town . I wish they would just GO they have dragged my club down and continue to do so.

italiahorse

If you read a David Conn Piece from23rd of December 2014 Mr fisher said They did not regret failing to buy the Ricoh , saying they could not agree to taking it on the way Wasps had done . He is the mouthpiece for the people who now say that Wasps should pay a lot more . No way were they ever going to buy it . Sisu don't do buying they do breaking up. I do hope his comments are read out in court , because those remarks sum them up . We don't want it but you should pay more for it . They were outflanked when they thought they were the only show in town . I wish they would just GO they have dragged my club down and continue to do so.
People think that if Wasps go that CCFC will just take over and all will be hunky dory.
It will be far from it......... probably 35 miles?

chiefdave

The solution to all of this would have been an open and transparent sales process by CCC with all interested parties bidding on the same thing. The idea that Wasps needed it to stay confidential only holds true if they didn't want their fans to know before it was announced as a done deal, the idea that CCC needed it to stay confidential only holds true if they didn't want other parties to potentially bid.

It was in everyone's interest, most importantly the local taxpayer, to have a proper sale process follow. That's nothing to do with the football club or SISU. Thats to do with the council and its duty to the taxpayer.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I notice paragraph 74 of the review that CCFC and ACL shook hands on the agreement they had negotiated only for Joy to say no . Why send someone to do a deal if your going to rip it up? They did a deal with Higgs shook hands on that only to renade on it how the f - - k can you deal with anyone like this shower. Dave due to the way Sisu had behaved trying to reduce the value of the Ricoh to nothing the taxpayers getting even less The council had to act . The confidentiality clause is a usual thing that done when deals are being done I believe as for other parties maybe bidding it was common knowledge that the Council wanted it off their hands and no one else had come forward with a offer

NorthernWisdom

Now, personally when it comes to this I'm not going to go round in circles debating who's right or who's wrong, who acted right, who wrong.

What I would give as an opinion is that I would be very, very surprised if CCC are found to have done anything that means they will lose this. Given the state of relations at the time, I'm pretty sure they'll have double, triple, quadruple checked everything legally and procedurally before acting. If they didn't, they're absolute morons!

So, I expect this JR to be batted away. That's my view of this particular case, rather than the whole farce.

chiefdave

Dave due to the way Sisu had behaved trying to reduce the value of the Ricoh to nothing the taxpayers getting even less The council had to act . The confidentiality clause is a usual thing that done when deals are being done I believe as for other parties maybe bidding it was common knowledge that the Council wanted it off their hands and no one else had come forward with a offer
A confidentiality clause is most certainly not the usual way for a council to do business. Its the exact opposite of transparency for the taxpayer.

You'll falling into the same trap as SISU and assuming there is little interest in the Ricoh. There's absolutely no reason to assume that to be the case.

Surely nobody believes Wasps would have walked away from getting a stadium on the cheap, which if the assumption being thrown around that there would be no other interested parties is correct would still be the case, just because they couldn't buy it in secret. Having a transparent sale process benefits everyone and would remove the need for this court case.

clint van damme

Given the state of relations at the time, I'm pretty sure they'll have double, triple, quadruple checked everything legally and procedurally before acting. If they didn't, they're absolute morons!

like they checked HS2 wouldn't affect train services from Coventry before pressing ahead with Friargate and the station redevelopment?!!

christonabike

CCFC couldnt afford the rent.
CCFC agreed a new deal from £1.25M to £300k. The council agreed to reduce the rent to this but CCFC renegaed so you cant say CC were out to shaft CCFC.
CCFC tried to distress the company who were in charge of the Ricoh by not paying rent.
CC lent the company money to remain in business to protect the tax payers money.
CCFC decided to move to Northampton which was a massive game changer and publicly said they will never play at the Ricoh again.
CC were left with a stadium empty and held alot of tax payers money in it.
Wasps came through an open door and took the stadium ander CCFCs nose.
CCFC screaming like a spoilt child that their stadium has been given away.
Wasps so Im told paid more than CCFC would ever offer.
CCFC look like complete fools and are marooned 35 miles away with falling attendances.
Forget CCFC but the council have an obligation to porotect their interests.
Im sure if we had different owners it could of turned out alot better but sadly the crux of the matter is we moved to a stadium with £1.25M rent and were fooked before SISU turned up.
Court case after court case no one has come out smelling of roses and the last judge said rightly go away and try to come to some sort of agreement and come back.
Just rewind and play again over the next 2 years if no agreement is made but having somewhere to play next season would be great!
With the fantastic season and optimism I havent seen so many fans unite in one direction for many years and if only the off the field shyte could just be sorted and everyone can move on and keep the momentum going.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread